PDA

View Full Version : Milan Bike Show - anyone going?

Zimbo
04-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Since there will be no Ducati at the NEC this year, and as far as I know no Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, in fact no Italian bikes at all, I'm considering going to the Milan show in mid November instead - £30 return flight. Anyone else considering going?

slob
04-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Since there will be no Ducati at the NEC this year, and as far as I know no Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, in fact no Italian bikes at all, I'm considering going to the Milan show in mid November instead - £30 return flight. Anyone else considering going?
Marchesini!

sadbiker
04-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Zimbo, what are the dates for it, If I could get the time off and afford the money we or I may be up for it. Where are you looking at flying from Bristol Or Cardiff ?

Zimbo
04-10-2006, 06:59 PM
It's on from Thu 16th Nov to Sun 19th, flights are from Stanstead or Gatwick mostly although you can fly from Luton as well.
Thread on DSC site here

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/showthread.php?t=37047

Good flight site

http://www.skyscanner.net/

sadbiker
04-10-2006, 07:01 PM
have you looked at flights from brizzle or cardiff ?

Zimbo
04-10-2006, 10:12 PM
No, I wasn't aware you could fly to Milan from a local airport. If you find I can I'll be delighted!

sadbiker
04-10-2006, 10:34 PM
I just had a look, BMIBABY used to fly from Cardiff but I can't see it listed now dam.. I thought Easyjet flew from Bristol but again can't see any listing. Bristish Airways do but you are looking at £160... Hmmm I don't fancy travelling loads.

marchesini
08-10-2006, 10:10 PM
I'll be there Zimbo with Dave. Going out on the Friday lunchtime 19th and leaving late Saturday evening. At the show on Saturday so if you're there, be cool to meet up?

Laters

Zimbo
09-10-2006, 08:25 AM
Be nice to see you Simon, at the moment am planning to attend the show on friday (gurlies get in free on Friday if anyone's interested) but that could well change to saturday between now and then!

NattyBoy
09-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Other than Simon - anyone made firm plans ? And is that right about women not paying on the Friday ??!

Zimbo
09-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Taken from the show website

http://www.eicma.it/moto/en/publishing.aspx?PageId=14&PagePath=2-

TICKETS FOR VISITORS

Full - Fare Euro 16,00
Military and children Euro 10,00
Group Euro 10,00

(The group must consist of at least 10 people and their guide, who will enter free of charge. Please go to reception together where the guide, who should have a complete name list on headed paper of the association you are member of, will buy the tickets. Buy 10 tickets get one free)

On Friday, 17 November: women enter free of charge.

JR
09-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Zimbo,
I think Easy Jet fly into Milan from Bristol airport, but they land at Malpensa which is 40km from the City. Me are Roberto are flying to Milan later this month and in his wisdom booked us from Luton to Linate, which is 5 Km from the edge of the city. As it is his home town he reckons it is easier all round to go from Luton due to the traffic in and around Milan - all in return cost for the two of us for a total price of £63.60 - bargain!
As an aside, I am driving to Modena to-morrow (Tues 10/10) - Sprinter will be empty on return if anyone has anything they want bringing back from Italy/France/Germany/Belgium etc - cheap rates!

walkingpictures
09-10-2006, 07:17 PM
if anyone has anything they want bringing back from Belgium etc - cheap rates!

Mnnnnnnn,several crates of Duvel would go down well ;) enjoy your trip

Kimbo :chuckle: