PDA

View Full Version : I fitted a power commander......

singletrack
02-10-2006, 08:23 PM
and an open airbox to go with the termis and cat eliminator on the S2R.

It has transformed it - it's now really smooth (for a Monster!).

The only problem is I am having another operation on my knee so won't be able to ride it for a couple of months:thumbsdown:

Pedro
02-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Look on the brightside Anne, with all this bl**dy rain it would only get dirty and you can spend your recovery listening to the Killers!!

Induction noise is great ain't it? :chuckle:

Shauns4
02-10-2006, 09:28 PM

.....best part of the bike!

bod
02-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Doesn't it hurt you ears,since putting a DP filter on it physically hurts my ears when lent down and accelerating with thye induction noise,its louder than the cans:cool:

Zimbo
02-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Induction noise? Pah, you should try an M900 with open airbox / K&Ns and FCRs. I daren't ride without earplugs, ever :)
(Fantastic, innit? yet another reason not to buy a jap IL4 . . . . )

Pedro
02-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Pah indeed.....

you want noise? Try Supertrapp megaphones with no end plates and an open airbox not to mention a clutch that sounds like a tin box full of spanners....

:chuckle:

Gilps
03-10-2006, 07:11 AM
Nice one Anne. That PC really makes a big difference doesn't it? It's like a totally different bike with it fitted. I think earplugs are definitely needed though for that induction noise. My hearing certainly started to deteriorate since getting mine done.

sadbiker
03-10-2006, 07:40 AM
You sure its not an age thing...

Headhunter
03-10-2006, 08:04 AM
My K&N filter should arrive this week and am going to cut open the stock cover at the weekend. Then it's off to RossoCorse next week to sort out the fuelling.

Can't wait to hear this induction noise! :D

markus
03-10-2006, 08:35 AM
I fitted a power commander......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

exactly what i'm after doing - do you mind me asking how much the PC and open airbox conversion was, got some financing to do me-thinks

Oh get well soon - bloody cold out there at mo anyway

bod
03-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Never tried earplugs, I like to here the traffic around me(sirens etc)
How much noise do they cut out on a bike and can you still here car drivers shouting at you?:rolleyes:

singletrack
03-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Nice one Anne. That PC really makes a big difference doesn't it? It's like a totally different bike with it fitted. I think earplugs are definitely needed though for that induction noise. My hearing certainly started to deteriorate since getting mine done.

Pardon?
I can't quite hear you. I think I am going deaf ;)

singletrack
03-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Look on the brightside Anne, with all this bl**dy rain it would only get dirty and you can spend your recovery listening to the Killers!!

You're right Ped - I have just bought the Cd and it's great. I will take your advice and spend the next couple of weeks/months in bed with my feet up and my Killers Cd on, waiting for the rain to stop :spin:

Headhunter
03-10-2006, 07:10 PM
How much noise do they cut out on a bike and can you still here car drivers shouting at you?:rolleyes:

About 30%, I think. Never ride without them. Can hear most things except expletives from other drivers - some how you just tend to block them out :D

Shauns4
03-10-2006, 07:58 PM

I swear by them now, never used to wear them, maybe I'm getting (or am) old! ... I even wear them on my CB500 which make less noise that a washing machine.

masterofthemoon
09-10-2006, 12:45 PM

It has transformed it - it's now really smooth (for a Monster!).

The only problem is I am having another operation on my knee so won't be able to ride it for a couple of months:thumbsdown:

did you get the bike sut up on a dyno when fitting the PC and filter, or did you use the map that came with the PC or download it from the dynojet site..?..thanks

singletrack
11-10-2006, 01:43 PM
did you get the bike sut up on a dyno when fitting the PC and filter, or did you use the map that came with the PC or download it from the dynojet site..?..thanks

The boys at Moto Rapido put the PC in and did a custom map for me.