PDA

View Full Version : S4 and FI Duke poor slow running and stalling

jerry
01-10-2006, 10:56 PM
I have a monster S4 in Thailand which runs well above 3000rpm but in traffic runs ****e and stalls even after servicing when it will run OK for a week or so.
Seems many other owners of fuel injected dukes are complaining about the same problem in the USA and here. ducati offers no solutions.

Problem is i am losing faith in the FI ducatis ,i have a carbed M750 in UK which i love and had an old M900 both run better than the S4.
If I could fit FCRs on the S4 or change it for an M900 I would be happy.I think the older 2 valvers before FI were much better bikes.

Also from january all fuel here will be gasohol which ducati says is no good for the bikes , what can we do then .Local ducati main dealer says do not use gasohol ,what can we run the bikes on then.

jerry

gjfevans
02-10-2006, 07:11 PM
I had a similar problem that was caused by the fuel tank becoming air locked due to the breather being blocked. Could be that

jerry
08-10-2006, 05:40 AM
no its not blocked I am going to fit a 14 tooth sprocket on front and slightly raise the tickover. also normal monster top yoke and bars.

i need some CF cans also ,

jerry

S4 MAD
09-10-2006, 03:25 PM
had same prob on my s4 never found a solution put new plugs in helped a bit
but didnt cure problem.