PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Israel? (Well, I am)

Fazer
01-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi all,

Well, it has been 2 weeks now since I got my lovely M600. It's of 1994 vintage which only had 2 previous owners, and has covered an almost unbelievable (but probably real) 26,000 KM (or roughly 16K miles for you brits).

I wasn't actually planning on getting a ducati, was actually aiming at a Yam R6, but browsing through the adverts I saw this one, which belonged to someone just a few blocks away, I decided it was worth the time.

And then, from the very first minute, I knew I had to have it. 2 weeks later, and I can't see why I wanted a jap bike :spin:

A few plans for the future:
1. I am in the process of building an adapter for an R6 rear LED light to fit the monster (trial fitting showed it looks great)
2. Am on the look for an M900 front wheel - I want to enjoy the double front discs for a better breaking (if anyone's got such a wheel - drop me a line)

That's that really - pics to follow.

Yorkie
01-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Welcome to the club!

Your 600 wheel will take another disc, just remove the little plasitc cover on the empty side. Your problem will come if you only have one brake caliper mounting! If the empty side has a caliper mounting then all you need is another disc and another caliper! Or an upgraded complete set!

Yorkie.

Pugi
01-10-2006, 03:44 PM
You will also need to get a bigger brake reservoir.
Welcome!

Fazer
01-10-2006, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=Yorkie]If the empty side has a caliper mounting[QUOTE]

Well, the first thing the bloke in the garage said was "you're lucky, you have the 900 forks", and then he said "you're lucky, the previous owner put in a K&N air filter"... so yes, I have a fork that can take a second caliper.

So basically all I need is to take the wheel off, get rid of the plastic cover, get hold of a second disc & caliper, and that's that?

What's the difference between the 900 breaking system & the 600? is it the same just with the 600 having a single disc as opposed to the 900's two, or is there a difference in the calipers\discs?

Ebay - here I come :-)

Yorkie
01-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Discs should be the same.

The style of the centres (Gold bit) changes slightly from years but unless they are fully floating there is no rear difference!

As for the calipers no real difference.

The master cylinder will need upgrading to 900 type.

Yorkie.

Fazer
01-10-2006, 05:51 PM
I've looked around a bit - old type monster bits seem to be rare these days... espacially M900 items.

I think I also need the bit that holds the brake hoses to the bottom yoke - this seems to be different on the M900 catering for the two hoses as opposed to the single one on mine.

I have tried uploading pics of my monster, but the limitations seem to be ridiculous - 50kb didn't allow me to upload anything :mad: sorry for the dumb questions (:mand:) but how can I upload pics of a normal size?

Thanks for the nice hospitality.

Yorkie
01-10-2006, 06:05 PM
You dont need the bottom yoke adaptor you can just use a hose that goes from one caliper to the other instead of two seperate hoses!

Try somewhere like this for the hoses:

http://www.earls.co.uk/earls/bike/bike_index.html

Ask on ths site and the Ducati Sporting Club for calipers etc. You dont ask you dont get!!

Yorkie.

jerry
02-10-2006, 05:59 AM
Hi all,

Well, it has been 2 weeks now since I got my lovely M600. It's of 1994 vintage which only had 2 previous owners, and has covered an almost unbelievable (but probably real) 26,000 KM (or roughly 16K miles for you brits).

I wasn't actually planning on getting a ducati, was actually aiming at a Yam R6, but browsing through the adverts I saw this one, which belonged to someone just a few blocks away, I decided it was worth the time.

And then, from the very first minute, I knew I had to have it. 2 weeks later, and I can't see why I wanted a jap bike :spin:

A few plans for the future:
1. I am in the process of building an adapter for an R6 rear LED light to fit the monster (trial fitting showed it looks great)
2. Am on the look for an M900 front wheel - I want to enjoy the double front discs for a better breaking (if anyone's got such a wheel - drop me a line)

That's that really - pics to follow.

I used to live in Ramat gan with an uncle and later in Hatseva,
had a old triumph 500 back in 1984- 86

live in Thailand mostly now.Lots of israelis and Brits here

jerry

Pedro
02-10-2006, 06:40 AM
For a 600-900 brake upgrade you need to use the 900 master cylinder or the feel will be very mushy.

When buying claipers, check the mounting bolt pitch, earlier bikes use a 40mm spacing while later bikes use a 65mm spacing. Best to measure yours first.

If you really want good stoppers, fit a brembo radial master cylinder, tyre chirping power!!

Ped

Lizard_King
02-10-2006, 06:05 PM
You weren't in St Malo 24th June this year were you, Fazer? We bumped into a guy from Israel (not literally I hasten to add) outside our Hotel towards the end of our France jaunt. He was telling me just how pricey Duke's were in Israel but seemed really keen on my S4R.

Couldn't have been you could it? Stranger things have happened! :)

Fazer
02-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Stranger things have happened! :)

Indeed, but no, it wasn't me :) turns out there are some other monster freaks around this part of the world.

As for prices - an entry level 620 dark is over the 7 grand mark, and prices rise sharply as you go for the better ones. I got mine (1994 M600) for slightly over 3K.

I'm actually off to Germany on business tomorrow, will be in Hannover, Dusseldorf & Hamburg.

anyone knows of places to get parts for the duke around these areas?

Yorkie
03-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Try here:

http://www.ducatihannover.de/intro.asp

Try here but its not open yet:

http://www.ducatiduesseldorf.de/

Try here:

http://www.ducatihamburg.de/html/home.html

Hope these help!

Yorkie.

Yorkie
03-10-2006, 04:07 PM
I also know some entertainment spots in Hamburg, although i may be banned from some of them!! Open minded my arse!

Yorkie.

Fazer
04-10-2006, 04:53 AM
Thanks for that - I will have a look in Hamburg, though I am afraid of such places, my visa tends to be overworked from the minute I go in :-)

Pugi
04-10-2006, 05:12 AM
Thanks for that - I will have a look in Hamburg, though I am afraid of such places, my visa tends to be overworked from the minute I go in :-)

Ducati places or other entertainment places?
Probably both. :biggrin:

Fazer
04-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Ducati places or other entertainment places?
Probably both. :biggrin:

Well, since my girlfriend decided to dump me some 12 hours before I took off to Germany - I'm allowed both... :banghead:

Any nice available girls around that are interested in a bloke with the smallest monster?
:chuckle:

jerry
08-10-2006, 05:45 AM
Indeed, but no, it wasn't me :) turns out there are some other monster freaks around this part of the world.

As for prices - an entry level 620 dark is over the 7 grand mark, and prices rise sharply as you go for the better ones. I got mine (1994 M600) for slightly over 3K.

I'm actually off to Germany on business tomorrow, will be in Hannover, Dusseldorf & Hamburg.

anyone knows of places to get parts for the duke around these areas?

Israel prices like thailand 5 year old S4 £7000 new S4r £14500 new 999 £28000
new S2r £11500 etc 8 year old M900 £6600etc.

but i gotta have it

jerry

Fazer
08-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi all,

Just got back from Germany - this place in Hamburg is a real shrine to the marque.

I saw so many things I wanted to buy - I saw the monster new type brake lever that I wanted to get for my twin disc conversion, but at 175 Euros it was damn sexy, but I had to leave it on the shelf. Side covers? 50 Euros each. late type handlebar conversion? 150 Euro, and the list goes on...

Only thing they didn't have are Termis, they said they come in race only for the old type monsters.... and this is what I really wanted.

One last thing: I always wanted a LED tail light, and today I went out and did it: I had someone fabricate an adapter that would fit onto the original mounting points, and then connect to an R6 tail light. This was an easy fit, and looks nicer then the original. Only thing is because the shape of the light is different, I will have to find someone who can fabricate a carbon housing fot the light, so that it would look nicer then it currently does.