PDA

View Full Version : Dorseteers?? Matt??? Anyone there???

Lizard_King
26-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Evening all, thought i'd post a quick "Hi" to all the Dorset crew before i pop off down the Quay for the obligatory tuesday shandy and hog-roast. May bump into a few of the elusive monsterers while i'm there you never know. Its the last one of the season today with free entry, so anyone close enough get ur backsides off the coach and get down there (thats mainly directed to me!).

Matty, just to keep you posted i know 3 other monster owners in the vicinty, none of which are UKMOC members yet but i've pointed them in the right direction: James, who's rebuilt his 600 dark with a 750 engine, my neighbour Mark, who's just finished rebuilding my beaten up old 600 dark and is now so nearly finished (if he ever decides how to finish off the rear!)...looking lovely though, all been resprayed in TVR-type petrolly-like paint and now sports an MV augusta tail section...cant wait to see my lil baby back on the road...ahhh :), the dude I bumped into in local Tesco who sports a yellow M900 (sorry, mate, cant remember ur name but hopefully you remembered to register here, get in touch!) and finally lil ol' me and my newly re-vamped S4R.

Anyway, Matt, if ur still awake after all that then please don't despair, we are out there just not not 'all there' ;) I'm well up for a meet up and proper ride-out, my 'non-monster' buddies simply don't seem up for much these days, must be the jap-cr*p they ride, eh? :) Give it at least a week (or 2!) to give my neighbour time to decide how he's gonna finish off his ride too and I'm sure we can top half a dozen at least!! WoW!!! ;)

Enough waffling! More than happy to lend a hand Matt, about time I gave something back to the UKMOC after all the years of advice and pleasure you've given me....anyway, hog-roast beckons!

Laters!

Lizard_King
26-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Saw 3 monnies down the Quay tonight. Hugely busy, made the mistake of leaving too late and ended up doing a circuit 3 times before i found a spot just off the main road.

The 3 I spotted:

1 x Yellow M900 (met u before, buddy, u here yet?)
1 x New/Black/? monnie...caught first digits WX06..i think? Anyones? :)
1 x M600 Black, maybe Dark that I saw near the trawler-park end of the Quay?

It was so busy down there but i'm chuffed I managed to spot the 3, most I've seen there for a while..maybe we're having a surge here in Darzet? :)

P.S. Is there a UKMOC t-shirts/caps/HUGE flags available? At events like that I could do with all the 'identifying marks' available! :)

Pedro
26-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Look here for UKMOC stuff

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/forumdisplay.php?f=88

drop me a pm to make sure I have what you want and where to send yer moolah!

Ped

Ozz
27-09-2006, 09:59 AM
I was the M600 dark at the far end of the quay. Just bought it last week.

Saw about 6 or 7 Monsters there last night....

Lizard_King
27-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Hiya Ozz, nice to meet you buddy. 6 or 7 eh? Must be a case of me not being able to see the wood for the trees then. Might be time to book an eye test :)

P.S. I'm pm you about one of those t-shirts, Pedro...just as soon as I can find my cheque book :)

Ozz
28-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Yes saw 3 black (including mine), 2 red and a yellow 900.....

...but before I bought one you hardly ever saw one!:Furious:

Matt Black
20-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Since selling my Monster earlier this year have spent some time in an institution for withdrawal symptoms. Hence very little forum activity.

So still no Monster at the mo. It was looking up until I spotted dream bike for sensible money a fortnight ago.

Picking it up tomorrow but sorry, she's Italian but she's no Monster. Can't bring myself to tell you.....

Worst thing is bloke who bought my lovely M900 has thrown £1500 at it and i have to say I'd quite like it back now please - photos to come when he's finished it.

So I'm not ignoring everyone, just feel a bit awkward being involved with the club without the right equipment.

Things may change tho, I have a feeling I have bought in haste etc etc

sadbiker
20-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Vespa ? Gilera......? You mistook DNA for a bike ?

Matt Black
20-11-2006, 11:27 PM
I am loving your British humour!

I'll take a picture tomorrow, then, you can be funny.....!!