PDA

View Full Version : Bmw R1150gs

Bodybag
24-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Not a Monster I know but could anyone give me a good forum site for these bikes as I know there are a few owners on here. I want to get some more information on them before I consider taking the plunge and getting a second set of wheels.

Thanks.

Phil

Zimbo
24-09-2006, 02:45 PM
You could start here:

http://www.bmrider.com/forums/

Bodybag
24-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Thanks. I found this one after some searching and much google search tweaking:

www.ukgser.com

Will
24-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Not a Monster I know but could anyone give me a good forum site for these bikes as I know there are a few owners on here. I want to get some more information on them before I consider taking the plunge and getting a second set of wheels.

Thanks.

Phil

http://ukgser.com/home/

This is the best site for BMW GS owners bar none

Will
27-09-2006, 01:42 PM
I can throughly recommend the 1200GS as probably the best do-it-all bike ever made (well I think so :-)) - just got back from a 2,000 mile trip to and around the south of France. The autoroutes were a breeze, easily do 150+ miles in one go with no aches or pains - great fun on the sweeping A (N) roads, and a delight on the roller coaster switch-back B (D) roads around the gorges where the sports bikes and full dress tourers were really struggling with the mountain hairpins.

Oh and you can load it up with tons of luggage and hardly know it's there.

Perhaps not a sexy as a Monster but gets at least as much attenton from bikers and non-bikers alike.

Probably why it was voted as one of the 3 dream bikes in the Rider Power Survey.

kaysee
27-09-2006, 06:29 PM
check my avatar, its a clue to my bike:biggrin:just got back from a 2260 mile round trip to the french alps, bike went sweet as a sweet thing:mand:

NattyBoy
27-09-2006, 08:05 PM
The omly BMW I'd go near. Got no interest in the cars but these things are ace - i'd love a go one one !!

Nat

Shandy
27-09-2006, 08:24 PM
I had a sit on one at the motogp this year on the BMW stand and after the monster it felt bloody massive, a bike suited to tall people :cool: I'm still holding out a glimer of hope that the Hypermotard will be a tall people bike :p

Shandy

Will
27-09-2006, 08:29 PM
check my avatar, its a clue to my bike:biggrin:just got back from a 2260 mile round trip to the french alps, bike went sweet as a sweet thing:mand:

The older ones are OK too :-)

kaysee
28-09-2006, 06:53 AM
The older ones are OK too :-)

Oi, behave.

Ruth
28-09-2006, 07:44 AM
I've only got the baby of the family (a 650) but i LOVE her :mand:

MrsJel
28-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Don't know about web sites, but my brother-in-law has just swapped his ZX10 for an 1150GS - he's quite happy. Its got 25k on the clock and is 4 yrs old - apparently that's only just run in in BMW speak.

He even took it around Cadwell Park the other week, couldn't quite make the pace on the straights, but the corners were pretty good, plus, he didn't ache on the way home either.

Got to admit, they're too tall for me, even on the lowest settings. My hubby has just got himself a Tiger which is even taller - so no chance of being able to use that as a second bike.

If you get to know your local BMW dealer (local can be a prob, like Ducati dealers they're a bit spread out), you should be able to get a test ride.

Good luck

MrsJel
28-09-2006, 11:57 AM
If you get to know your local BMW dealer (local can be a prob, like Ducati dealers they're a bit spread out), you should be able to get a test ride.
Should have checked before I posted last message - nearest for you would prob be Pid****s in Long Eaton - quite a nice ride out.

MrsJel
28-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Can't believe the foul language police got me on that one!