PDA

View Full Version : The notice is in.....

Shandy
22-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Handed my notice in this week at work and to say they didn't take it well would be the under statement of the century :shocked:

In all the times I changed jobs over the years I don't think I’ve had so much rubbish for wanting to leave......and I’ve still got to work a months notice out with them :thumbsdown:

Has anyone else had to put up with this kind of ****e???

Shandy

PS: can't wait to leave if the new job is half as good as expected its going to be bloody brilliant :yoparty: :yoparty:

Darry
22-09-2006, 09:54 PM
You, can still call in sick you know and they can't do a thing about it... cough, cough.

CrashMonkey
22-09-2006, 10:44 PM
jobs are ****, dolies (pron. doh-lees) rock. Really. Enough of that robot-like repetetive (sp?) bull****, concentrate on the bike and god will look out for you. Even HE loves ducatis.

Scotty
23-09-2006, 07:57 AM
sounds like they need you, my last job gave me the boot whilst i was on holiday spinless bastards

Shandy
25-09-2006, 08:53 AM
my last job gave me the boot whilst i was on holiday spinless bastards

Thats about as low as you can get, they couldn't even tell you face to face?? cowards.

Still i've only got 20 working days left, not that i'm counting or anything :p

Can't do the sick thing realy i still need a reference from them.

ricky
25-09-2006, 09:14 AM
try getting thrown out of the army!!!:cry: Well not so much thrown as gently pushed!!! 3000 of us soon to be unemployed in n,ireland thanks to PEACE! aw well i suppose 6 months paid leave and a large pay off helps cushion the blow!:mand: Can wait to sign on the dole and be a total waster!!:wallace:

Darry
25-09-2006, 09:31 AM
try getting thrown out of the army!!!:cry: Well not so much thrown as gently pushed!!! 3000 of us soon to be unemployed in n,ireland thanks to PEACE! aw well i suppose 6 months paid leave and a large pay off helps cushion the blow!:mand: Can't wait to sign on the dole and be a total waster!!:wallace:

As opposed to you presently being only a partial waster?

:mand:

Gilps
25-09-2006, 10:42 AM
The last time I worked for a company that I wanted to leave in a hurry, I refused to tell them where I was going, only that it was their main competitor. I let slip to a few well placed people who the competitor was so that word would get around. I think I lasted about two days before the powers that be heard where I was going and they let me go immediately. I was put on gardeing leave for my entire 3 month notice period and started my new job the following Monday. The funny thing was, I wasnt really going to the competitor at all so had to keep quiet about my real destination for 3 months, even to colleagues whose friendship I valued. Still, I got paid double for 3 months. Big result.

Shandy
10-10-2006, 01:06 PM
....looks like they are going to keep me here till the dying minute :Furious: :Furious:

God i'm bored, all the works done and up together, anyone got any tips on how to look busy for the remaining time???

sadbiker
10-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Vacate to the pub, empty seat must mean your someone working...

Bodybag
10-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Surf the web. Or go on google and search for really trivial crap like "dung beetle racing" hours of fun for very little reward!!?

Shandy
10-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Surf the web. Or go on google and search for really trivial crap like "dung beetle racing" hours of fun for very little reward!!?

I'll have to try that one out, i've spent most of the afternoon looking at this,

http://www.presidentmoron.com/

I found it after typing moron into google and pressing the 'I'm Feeling Lucky' button :D

Shandy
17-10-2006, 09:10 AM
.........there going for it now pilling the work on, but i am on the wind down bring on Friday :yoparty: :yoparty: :yoparty:

Bodybag
17-10-2006, 10:17 AM
If you're really bored at work today, could you find out why there are so many plane spotters at Manchester Airport? I can't find any information as to what special aeroplane might be coming in today!!

Shandy
17-10-2006, 10:20 AM
If you're really bored at work today, could you find out why there are so many plane spotters at Manchester Airport? I can't find any information as to what special aeroplane might be coming in today!!

I'll see if i can find out for you :thumbsup:

Bodybag
17-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks mate. I tried ringing the airport but even they don't know. Strange.

Bodybag
17-10-2006, 10:49 AM
How's this for bizarre?! All the plane spotters are here because of the Man Utd v Copenhagen match this evening. Apparently Copenhagen chartered 11 planes and that enough to bring plane spotters from all over the place?! I don't get it. Am I being thick?

Shandy
17-10-2006, 10:53 AM
No mate theres lots of wierdo's out there, do you know how many forums there are for plane spotting, its frightening i've just been looking :ymca: I'm glad you found out cos it was painfull reading some of the posts.

Have these people got nothing better to do or has it tied in with a care in the comunity open day :p

squiffything
17-10-2006, 11:09 AM
you could always try and find a googlewack spend hours doing that

paul620sie
17-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Still i've only got 20 working days left, not that i'm counting or anything :p

Can't do the sick thing realy i still need a reference from them.

Have they let other staff leave before thier notice period is worked out? If they have use that as an example, threathen to raise a grievence for vitimisation stating other staff have been let go before completing thier notice. Hint you believe you being viticmised because of your enthnic background, religion, sex, sexuality.

Playing the Race or Gay card will have them running scared!

squiffything
17-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Yup being a white heterosexual english male in england these days makes you a minority.

Victimisation play the card