PDA

View Full Version : Too Darn Hot!!

STIVH
22-09-2006, 01:24 AM
Can't sleep co's it's too darn hot even the wind outside is like standing in a hairdryer and it's too late to go for a blast. So Ouzo and lemon in hand I visit the Garage.....................

Standing by the bike I can hear hissing from the tank - obviously fumes and air pressure involved but I was also wondering as I have a carbed model is there a natural leakage through the carbs when left standing as I've never bothered to turn the tap into the off position before and when I did - tonight, the hissing stopped?

Just for the record I couldn't smell any petrol and there isn't puddle anywhere near or on the bike.

slob
22-09-2006, 04:58 AM
Can't sleep co's it's too darn hot even the wind outside is like standing in a hairdryer and it's too late to go for a blast. So Ouzo and lemon in hand I visit the Garage.....................

Standing by the bike I can hear hissing from the tank - obviously fumes and air pressure involved but I was also wondering as I have a carbed model is there a natural leakage through the carbs when left standing as I've never bothered to turn the tap into the off position before and when I did - tonight, the hissing stopped?

Just for the record I couldn't smell any petrol and there isn't puddle anywhere near or on the bike.
It will evaporate from the float bowls, which continuously refill if the fuel tap is left open. It's a very slow process though.