PDA

View Full Version : Selling monster,buying a triumph!

sjr999r
21-09-2006, 03:54 PM
ello ppl,am back online after moving out of Mum & Dads.in my own pad and a new laptop,which hasnt been off in 4 days !!!!!!!!!!!!
The seat ibiza has gone,2k on ebay and the Monster is on ebay,dont know if any u guys have noticed it on the beloved site!!!
Anyway am leaving Ducati's for a while,bit tired of them to be honest,but am hopefully picking up a Triumph T955 Speed triple in green on Sunday,has anyone had one or give me some pros and cons on them.had a test ride.bugger doesnt it go,gorgeous to ride.byeeeee ppl.

cheeky monkey
21-09-2006, 04:11 PM
had a t595 . youll lose your license. they are quick. really quick. anyway t595.net is a good website with all you need to know good luck.:yoparty:

sjr999r
21-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Thanks bro.i'll take a look

alan_db
22-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Newbie here, agree the 955 bikes are quick.
I've just traded a 955i Daytona for an S4R. Triumph was pretty heavy on wrists for commute but great on open road. Only problem I had in 5 years with the 955i was when a fuel connector seal went and dropped full tank of fuel on garage floor. Otherwise great reliability and great to ride.

Enjoy the speed triple, sure it'll be a great bike

Alan...

Gilps
22-09-2006, 11:30 AM
I had that engine in the Sprint RS. It's an awesome lump. the torque of a twin with the HP of an inline four, but with a very distinctive feel of its own. I loved it but it was just too much bike for me. I just couldn't get to use all that power without losing my licence. works well on motorways though. If I had to do a 100 mile commute each way everyday then I would consider another. The bikes are well priced but you'll spend the same again on all the necessary Triump branded clothing. Think of it as a British Harley kind of thing. Dealers are excellent, up there with BMW and quite a welcome change from Ducati. Enjoy it, I'm sure you will.

singletrack
22-09-2006, 01:05 PM
I had that engine in the Sprint RS. It's an awesome lump. the torque of a twin with the HP of an inline four, but with a very distinctive feel of its own. I loved it but it was just too much bike for me. I just couldn't get to use all that power without losing my licence. works well on motorways though. If I had to do a 100 mile commute each way everyday then I would consider another. The bikes are well priced but you'll spend the same again on all the necessary Triump branded clothing. Think of it as a British Harley kind of thing. Dealers are excellent, up there with BMW and quite a welcome change from Ducati. Enjoy it, I'm sure you will.

How did your feet ever manage to touch the floor Gilps? ;)

nealenet
22-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Good choice. I swapped my S4R for a 1050 Speed Triple earlier this summer and I love the engine of the Triumph. So smooth and no need to keep swaping cogs. Just oceans of low down grunt from walking pace to bonkers. I like the riding position being sat up high and wide bars with a nice easy clutch. Some bits of the finnish look a bit tatty and if you go on the Owners club forum in the US there are a worringly high amount of peole complaining about brake fade. Not noticed it myself. The down side? Not nearly as good looking as my Blue S4R and the seat is not very comfortable after about an hour and a half. Time to stop for a break anyway. It really could do with a bigger fairing as the widblast at 80+ starts to get tiresom. Over all the Speed Triple is a much more useable bike for all round use as it is efortless in town, will go plenty fast enough, sounds great and stands out from the crowd. With the 959 it can easily take luggage (something that the 1050 is harder to fit)

Still love monsters but until Ducati develop their engine to have as much lowdown, smooth power as a BMW twin, I will stick with the Tripple.

Hope you enjoy it.

Spike
22-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Have a T595 myself great machine, I think you'll love the speedtriple

Gilps
25-09-2006, 06:26 AM
How did your feet ever manage to touch the floor Gilps? ;)
They didn't. I dropped it three miles out of the show room. Well, not really dropped it, I lowered it down gently leaving only a mnor scratch on the fairing.:cry: I learnt quickly how to stop and slide off the seat to one side but I always had to judge the camber of the road before I came to a stop. The height of the thing was my biggest problem. When I sold it on, the dealer told me that if Triumph could make lower bikes they would sell a lot more. Seems to be a common complaint.