PDA

View Full Version : Additional weekender 2007

benson
20-09-2006, 02:32 PM
OK, let's get this thread up again.

Location and dates for the mini weekender, which I think ought to be called the alternative weekender......

PLEASE can you suggest areas - counties I think will be easier than my previous vague directions....

And dates - guess it's July, August or September!!!!!

When we have some suggestions we'll have a poll and then we MIGHT be able to plot!

squiffything
20-09-2006, 03:13 PM
How about somewhere up north say the lake district.....

squiffything
20-09-2006, 03:17 PM
OK ok sorry about that just couldn't resist. I would suggst somewhere central so all wouldn't have to far to go. The only problem is that would put it slap bang in the midlands and a rde out to spagetti junctionmight not appeal

bigredduke
20-09-2006, 05:02 PM
OK, let's get this thread up again.

Location and dates for the mini weekender, which I think ought to be called the alternative weekender......

PLEASE can you suggest areas - counties I think will be easier than my previous vague directions....

And dates - guess it's July, August or September!!!!!

When we have some suggestions we'll have a poll and then we MIGHT be able to plot!

May I refer to my earlier post recommending York as a great venue? In July?

benson
20-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks - and yes - York is on the list!

Cut and paste as usual!!!

York
Derbyshire

Gilps
20-09-2006, 08:16 PM
North Derbyshire/South Yorkshire in September for me please.

York
Derbyshire
N. Derbyshire/South Yorkshire

July
September

MilesB
21-09-2006, 07:54 AM
Derbyshire/York in July sounds good to me (See - I can be positive) - Biked to both in the past, and want to go back again...

York x 2
Derbyshire x 2

July
September

Lady-Bob
21-09-2006, 10:59 AM
I believe the Arrow Mill weekender will be on the end of May Bank Holiday, not beginning.

So July might be a bit early for another weekend.

How about August Bank Hol weekend?

Norfolk, Northampton, Gloucester or Stonehenge areas are my vote

York x 2
Derbyshire x 2
Norfolk
Northampton
Gloucester
Salisbury (Stonehenge area of the map)

STIVH
21-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Add my tick to YORK. Which is sauf if you are from the norf and nauf if yah cumin from the sauf. It's also about 112 miles from Keswick. Late August is fine. Can I be allowed to pitch a tent please?

Salisbury has my second tick seeings as that's where I went to school and I haven't been back there for over 20yrs.

benson
21-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi Stivh - and yes - tents will be welcome!!!

Lady Bob - Northampton?????? WHY????

Miles - well done for being positive!!!
:ukm:

giler
21-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Central sounds good - Warwickshire or Northants.
Both contain good roads for a ride out.
Giler

Nonnie
21-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Ooooh ooooh Norfolk! I have my connections, actually people who are terribly afraid of me and I know I could swing free camping!

I have to vote for Norfolk but equally I'd be happy to go anywhere. Although I'll never get another Monday off again as long as I live, I don't care if I have to do all the travelling on a Sunday to get back because I can swing a free Friday.

Let's go forth and quantify.

queen_gpants
21-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Anywhere is fine with me, like the idea of Derbyshire though, Cat & Fiddle run etc. Would have to be September though, will still be recovering from an expensive 2 weeks at the TT in July/August.

benson
21-09-2006, 09:30 PM
York
Derbyshire
Norfolk
Northampton
Gloucester
Warwickshire

Any more for any more? Would be nice to go to a new venue - I like Derbyshire or York too.....

squiffything
22-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Serious suggestion just to put something sensible in the pot and to offer a slight alternative for the start of the weekend. Newmarket in July.

Most weekends in July running into August there is a Friday evening race night which ends with a concert usually finishing around 10.pm There are plenty of places to form a base and plenty of rides out into the Suffolk countryside to the coast of Norfolk or Suffolk or inland into Cambridgeshire or beyond.

I do however like York as a suggestion nice area and fairly central to most

York
Derbyshire
Norfolk
Northampton
Gloucester
Warwickshire
Suffolk

benson
22-09-2006, 06:06 PM
That sounds interesting - Find somewhere to lay our heads on Friday night then head to York on the Saturday even....

Gadget
22-09-2006, 06:26 PM
I don't mind where we go providing the roads are good and the country side is green and pleasant.
I like the sound of Stonehenge or Norfolk. If the global climate change is to stay the way it is for a few more years then even October will not be cold. Preference though would be as soon as the kids are back at school in September.

bigredduke
22-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Another point in favour of York - there are loads of hotels for the softies and also a campsite by the river for the hardened - a five minute walk from the centre of york. it books up very quickly though.

benson
22-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Softies of the world unite!!!

Yorkie
22-09-2006, 07:50 PM
York gets my vote! Camping at Elvington???

Yorkie.

benson
22-09-2006, 07:57 PM
York
Derbyshire
Norfolk
Northampton
Gloucester
Warwickshire
Suffolk

Right then - anywhere else before I post the poll?

bigredduke
22-09-2006, 09:44 PM
York gets my vote! Camping at Elvington???

Yorkie.

No to camping at elvington - too much traffic on the outfield.