PDA

View Full Version : Shock horror! No Ducati at NEC????

bigredduke
19-09-2006, 09:15 PM
I have just been looking at the bike show website and it seems as though Ducati are not going to be present!!:hissy: I was really looking forward to a close look at a Desmosedici road bike as well!

Does anyone know different?

Gilps
20-09-2006, 05:17 AM
They are not going this year as they are luanching various new models in Milan later in the year. I don't think any of the other Italian manufacturers are bothering either. Still, there's always Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki to go see. Oh and don't forget BMW, KTM, Harley and CCM. TBH if I wanted to see any of their stuff I would go to a local dealer. The fact that I don't means that I can't really be that bothered to look at the stuff in the first place. Very little new stuff gets released at the NEC anymore. I'm going to give it a miss this year as I think it is going downhill rapidly. I'll just look at the photos from last year, I'm sure it won't look that different to this year's setup.

Guzzirider
20-09-2006, 06:33 AM
I agree that the NEC is crap these days. Same bikes as you can see in any showroom, plus loads of stalls selling cheap gloves made out of cardboard, and hordes of no win no fee solicitors asking if you have had an accident. Plus you have to freeze your balls off to ride there, pay for the privilidge of getting in, then get ripped off for a cup of tea and a burger when you are in there.

sadbiker
20-09-2006, 08:11 AM
I agree with all the above,

Gone are the days of real bargains, I remember when decent leather jeans were being sold for £50 down from 200. Seeing very butch guys saying "for that price I will get into a 14 ..."

I can remember once leaving 2 up with 2 helmets and a full set of leathers. Can't see doing that again.

Now its overpriced, and have to pay extra for anything extra they put on, Seemed to be when they got snowed in it went down hill. Just for a couple in the car we are looking at £30. Then inside overprice food and drink.

Didn't go last year and if Ducati not there this year then see no reason to go this year.

Ally Pally was better for the bargains but don'y know what its like now.

mintydrummerman
20-09-2006, 04:03 PM
I totally agree with you guys about the NEC, it was ****e last year, massivley overpriced and if Ducati aren't going to be there, then seriously what is the point? Thats why i'm going to Milan in November :yoparty:

sadbiker
20-09-2006, 06:04 PM
That sounds like a good idea wish I the time to do that.

bigredduke
25-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Here's the reply I got from Ducati:

Dear Mr Rhynehart

Ducati will not be exhibiting at the NEC for 2006.

This is due to new models being launched at Milan Show two weeks after the NEC, we are unable to show anything new prior to Milan.
As we are unable to show anything new it is not in our interest to be at the NEC.
We will however be showing at Excel in London 4th Feb and Scottish show in March.

Thank you for your interest in Ducati

Regards
Bobbie Cowley

So the question is: is it worth going to the London show instead? Here's the link:
http://www.londonmotorcycleshow.com/