PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

AndyP
19-09-2006, 08:48 PM
This time I couldnt resist it. The thought had been with me for quite a while but now ive gone and done it. Bornagain, of 20+ years! has bought himself a monster. It really is everything and more I was looking for. The only regret? Should have done it years ago. Or not given up at all!!

scrumpster
19-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Welcome and enjoy your Monster, they are pretty special and I got mine after being a late starter!!! :)

Stafford
19-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Nice one and welcome to the nut house :freak:
Cheers
Q

neilbaldry
19-09-2006, 09:20 PM
hey Andy. is that Kesgrave, as in just outside Ipswich Kesgrave?

bobob
19-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Ciao AndyP.... totally agree with quarxuk... welcome to the nut house :mand:

Lots of top people in here with loads of usefull advice and the occasional bargin'! :)

Welcome aboard!

AndyP
19-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the welcome, just have to tame the beast now.
Yep, thats the one Neil.
Where do i go for a workshop manual? Ive seen downloads for other models but not 800ie? Dealer only?

neilbaldry
19-09-2006, 09:39 PM
hehehehe, i went out with a girl from Kesgrave last summer. looks like we got another East Anglian member! awesome!

Albie
19-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Welcome from another Andy P

AndyP
19-09-2006, 09:46 PM
hehehehe, i went out with a girl from Kesgrave last summer. looks like we got another East Anglian member! awesome!

You know the area then, Grange Farm?

Shandy
19-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Welcome from another Andy P

and welcome to the club from yet another Andy P :biggrin:

Nonnie
20-09-2006, 06:32 AM
Hi Andy. I used to live off Woodbridge Road there but now I'm up in rural Narfuk. Paranoid Dave is your area rep, we quite often meet up and do stupid things mostly involving motorbikes. Would be great to see you out.

Stafford
20-09-2006, 07:17 AM
and do stupid things mostly involving motorbikes.

What do you do when bikes are'nt involved?
I'm getting worried now, I know you lot are mostly cousins. :look:
Q

Sparky
20-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Where do i go for a workshop manual? Ive seen downloads for other models but not 800ie? Dealer only?

You can download the S2R manual which is exactly the same appart from the single sided swingarm I think.

http://www.duc.nu/manuals/

Oh wait...it looks like they have started charging a small fee for them:thumbsdown:

I have a pdf copy if you don't want to pay but it's 31MB so may not e-mail to well, let me know if you want it and welcome to the club.

Chris

squiffything
20-09-2006, 09:39 AM

You've taken girls out from most places so no supprise there then hee hee hee

Welcome new person from another suffolkite. I have been out with them there norfolk and suffolk lot and they are a good bunch

Nonnie
20-09-2006, 10:29 AM
What do you do when bikes are'nt involved?
I'm getting worried now, I know you lot are mostly cousins. :look:
Q
Oi. We drink when motorbikes are not involved, we dance, we sing (we actually win prizes donchaknow), we get dressed up and have a laugh, we eat well and generally insult each other too.
We are not related but I know what you mean. I am beginning to suspect that I am living in a small pocket of Madness. Blimey. Can I go home now?

topspacemonkey
20-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Welcome Andy to the proper Monster Raving Loony Party:banana:
Similar story for me, but I gave in after 5 years. Nice choice of bike. Been eyein up a nice redhead S2R 800 myself. "Dear Santa..."!!

Enjoy UKMOC, it's a canny laff:woot: :drunk: :spin: :chuckle:

AndyP
20-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Hi Andy. I used to live off Woodbridge Road there but now I'm up in rural Narfuk. Paranoid Dave is your area rep, we quite often meet up and do stupid things mostly involving motorbikes. Would be great to see you out.
Im up for a little mild stupidity, seems like Im in the right place. See you soon.

AndyP
20-09-2006, 09:39 PM
You can download the S2R manual which is exactly the same appart from the single sided swingarm I think.

http://www.duc.nu/manuals/

Oh wait...it looks like they have started charging a small fee for them:thumbsdown:

I have a pdf copy if you don't want to pay but it's 31MB so may not e-mail to well, let me know if you want it and welcome to the club.

Chris
Ta Chris, if engine/gearbox/electrics are the same Ill give it a look.

gary tompkins
20-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Hi Andy P,

I went out on my 900 tonight for the first time after 5 months of riding the trike. Felt a bit strange to be leaning on corners again, but at least I didn't forget to put my foot down when I stopped :o

Look forward to meeting you at some point on 2 or 3 wheels :D

Albie
20-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Hijack. Well well well thats good new. Have you made new bits or have you borrowed again.:D

AndyP
20-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Welcome Andy to the proper Monster Raving Loony Party:banana:
Similar story for me, but I gave in after 5 years. Nice choice of bike. Been eyein up a nice redhead S2R 800 myself. "Dear Santa..."!!

Enjoy UKMOC, it's a canny laff:woot: :drunk: :spin: :chuckle:
Im chuffed with it, first choice would have been an 'S' in red though but theres not many to choose from round here, and I was getting impatient!

gary tompkins
20-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Hijack. Well well well thats good new. Have you made new bits or have you borrowed again.:D

If you mean the gearchange - borrowed (or returned) to solo again

Trike will be on a SORN for a while as I have a few things to sort out ;)