PDA

View Full Version : supersport 600

Nim
19-09-2006, 04:52 PM
i was jus wandering if anyone had an opinion of the 600 supersport...ive found a beautiful (4000 miles) one that im looking as getting as my second bik, cos lets face it, one ducati is just not enough....has anyone had one?? any feedback?? its a 1998, so last year they were made....

neilbaldry
19-09-2006, 05:04 PM
my bro has just changed his ZX636R for an SS600. he loves it! its not that quick, but its light, and pretty comfy. my bro is on the lookout for an exhaust, as its only got one, all he can find, is that Arrow still make them.

hes also got a single seat that hes putting together.

Darry
19-09-2006, 06:36 PM
A yellow one by any chance? ;)

Darry.

CK & AK
19-09-2006, 06:58 PM
blinking good little bikes - and are really holding their own in the DD racing in class B (583 monsters & SS's) The SS's are mostly filling all the top 8 places in this class. Plenty of mechanical spares, tho original fairings in good cond not so easy to come by now - but race rep ones are available, as well as prilla & other types fitting too.

You might want to upgrade the forks & discs if you ride hard, but otherwise a nice sound bike - just like the monsters.

Just check the usual bits & bobs tho - dont be caught out by a pretty looking bike on the outside as the fairings hd a multitude of sins.

One thing to note, is that if you need to do major engine work, you need to remove the tank - and drop the engine if working at the back, because of the fit in the frame.

Happy shopping

C :)

neilbaldry
19-09-2006, 09:18 PM
A yellow one by any chance? ;)

Darry.

if that was aimed at me? - nah its in the red. im trying to get him to get it the same looking as the 851 race bike. all he needs in the solo seat (which he has), and white wheels, with only really a whooping great AGIP sticker on the fairing. it does look pretty funky in an oldschool way, its grown on me a bit.

Darry
19-09-2006, 09:30 PM
if that was aimed at me? - nah its in the red. im trying to get him to get it the same looking as the 851 race bike. all he needs in the solo seat (which he has), and white wheels, with only really a whooping great AGIP sticker on the fairing. it does look pretty funky in an oldschool way, its grown on me a bit.

Nope mate, its aimed at Nim, she was having a ride on a yellow one!

neilbaldry
19-09-2006, 09:45 PM
lol fair nuff, i'll shut me gob!

bobob
19-09-2006, 10:45 PM
I had a 900 ss on a 99 plate in Italy, was a great laugh to ride but going from my 748 to the ss, it felt like a dinosaur...... don't be put off though as they are damned good fun and I loved every second on mine before I threw it into a wall near Genoa.... oops

Spanner
20-09-2006, 12:03 PM
One thing to note, is that if you need to do major engine work, you need to remove the tank - and drop the engine if working at the back, because of the fit in the frame.

C :)

Don't I bleedin' know it!!!

Corking bike though.

CK & AK
20-09-2006, 06:38 PM
lol...........:chuckle:

Hope you put the Dr sticker somewhere prominent ;)

Nim
27-09-2006, 11:12 AM
hey darry....yup...i guess it could be a yellow one.....someone mentioned that i could get matching yellow leather and be a big moving banana. so i ran them over WITH THIER OWN BIKE!! muah ha ha aaaa. i think i have to have it, i trust that noone will stand in my way.........

oh, thanks for all the advice everyone!!

Darry
30-09-2006, 06:13 PM
hey darry....yup...i guess it could be a yellow one.....someone mentioned that i could get matching yellow leather and be a big moving banana. so i ran them over WITH THIER OWN BIKE!! muah ha ha aaaa. i think i have to have it, i trust that noone will stand in my way.........

oh, thanks for all the advice everyone!!

Was that Richie by ay chance? :chuckle:

We'll have to get together to meet up for another ride out... Box Hill maybe.