PDA

View Full Version : Stunt Monkey

Spud
17-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Feeling very pleased with myself

2nd gear corner, wristful of throttle, hump in road.................and hey ho, I'm staring at the clocks, my first wheelie - 55 ish mph, carried it for around 10 metres, front tyre touched down with a chirp

Hardly Evel Kneivel I know, but I think I'm good!:woot:

Gilps
17-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Well thats confirmation that the yellow ones are fastest. I can lift my front wheel, by accident I hasten to add, in 2nd. Bet the red ones can't do that.

slob
17-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Wwwwwaaaaahhhhhaaaaayyyyy!!!!!

Spud
17-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Well thats confirmation that the yellow ones are fastest. I can lift my front wheel, by accident I hasten to add, in 2nd. Bet the red ones can't do that.

I'd love to think that this is the start of a monowheel career, but probably best to never try again. This was down to a lump in the road, a lack of throttle finesse (then, and always to be fair), and 16 stone idiot leaning backwards.

Though to be said, due to zero panic on my part (ancient proverb: "if you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't fully grasped the situation"), if anybody had been watching, other than the finger wagging old lady walking her westie - they'd have been dead impressed!

And the yellow ones are fastest - no two ways about it!

Better dead than red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!