PDA

View Full Version : Tales from the darkside

craigie
16-09-2006, 08:02 PM
I am Monsterless. Bike was costing too much to run, too many things going wrong too often. I now have a 1995 GSXR 750 and after just one day, I'm afraid to say, I feel more confident on it than I did on the monster.
Maybe I'm just more suited to sportsbikes and believe me if I could afford a 916 I would have one but having just bought a flat there is not a chance in hell of that happening.

Anyway new bike is an ugly but handsome brute and good god is it fast, when I remember to get it in the right gear it flies out of corners pushing me back in the saddle. So many things feel better I should have 'downgraded' sooner.

I know most of you will be thinking japcrap, riceburner and all that but a bike is a bike and I think I may be right happy with it, was right sad to see the monster go though. I've loved all my bikes but my pockets are empty and I don't think a 600cc air cooled engine should cost so much to run.

If I win the lottery I will be a Ducatisti once again, hopefully by the time the trackday happens next year....

I will still sneak along to Italian nights at the Ace, will be parking round the corner though.

Cheers

CK & AK
16-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Craigie, at least you still have 2 wheels mate :) - and those gixxers dont handle too badly either ;)

Hope to see you about mate

C:)

slob
16-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Don't be a stranger.

fatbloke
16-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Have fun on it mate
keep in touch

craigie
17-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Cheers folks. It does handle, I won't and I will.

My girlfriend thinks it is the biking equivalent of a Ford Capri and I have to agree.

slob
17-09-2006, 03:09 PM
My girlfriend thinks it is the biking equivalent of a Ford Capri and I have to agree.
"She's got style, that woman."

Tigerlily
17-09-2006, 04:19 PM
There's not much point in keeping a bike which you're not comfortable with.
If you enjoy riding it Cragie then that's all that matters!

craigie
17-09-2006, 05:25 PM
"She's got style, that woman."

She has indeed

There's not much point in keeping a bike which you're not comfortable with.
If you enjoy riding it Cragie then that's all that matters!

It is really isn't it, thank you.

Chaos Inc.
18-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Two wheels and not a scooter; sounds like a bike to me and thats what matters.

craigie
18-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Two wheels and not a scooter; sounds like a bike to me and thats what matters.

A bike without a fuel light! Discovered on the way home tonight that I had guessed wrong on the little fuel tap position and had to push it what felt like miles but took a minute or so with petrol actually in the tank. Doh! Back to the good old days, Unfortunately I jiggled it about in a vain attempt to get some petrol flowing so am guessing again as to whhere it should be, there are only 3 positions so hopefully won't be long 'til I get it right.