PDA

View Full Version : Re-light my fire!!!

topspacemonkey
14-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Hi Y'all

Found UKMOC by accident but happy I did. Heck some of you dudes are crazy, some weird, and others plain a danger to themselves(!) but all seem v friendly, helpful and truly entertaining.

So here's me...

My Monster life story (please don't yawn yet!):

1999, went seeking for a red 600. Saw ad in Autotrader for a silver 750. Never seen silver before and thought: 750, more than I can handle? More to insure? Heck, I'll just go along to dream. [Later...] Scherwing! Love at first sight, dream comes true! Not difficult at all. [Sorry for ever doubting you..] A pussycat and a lion, whenever, wherever.

2001, heart broken when morons took her for a joyride & wrote her off. I curse the b******s responsible!:fiery:

Went for another but it made Mam so happy that I was no longer on 2 wheels that I reluctantly said I wouldn't take another.

2006. After 5 years of increasing traffic jams, glorious summers days (sometimes!), the mediocraty of 4 wheels and a mending heart, I found love again: another silver 750. :heart:

Been a great summer but just developed an ignition problem. When cold, fires just on 1 cylinder. Then the other just kicks in after running about 10 mins (scary!). Thought it was cdi unit so bought 1 (£££!!) to then discover it was another problem. (Anyone need new cdi unit lemme know.) Getting sorted soon.

Not many Monsters in my native Newcastle. But hey, its good to be special.

For those still awake, sorry for posting probably the longest post ever! :banghead: But give this guy a chance. Not easy being the new boy who has to stand in front of the class to introduce himself!!

Take care y'all.
:thumbsup:

Darry
14-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Welcome to the :ukm:

Darry.

Shandy
14-09-2006, 01:10 PM
wELCOME TO THE CLUB :mand:

dAMN THAT cAPS LOCK KEY, WHERES MY hAMMER :banghead:

Gilps
14-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Found UKMOC by accident but happy I did. Heck some of you dudes are crazy, some weird, and others plain a danger to themselves(!) but all seem v friendly, helpful and truly entertaining.

Could you please be more specific. Who's who?

Anyway, welcome to the club.

giler
14-09-2006, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=topspacemonkey]Hi Y'all

Heck some of you dudes are crazy, some weird, and others plain a danger to themselves(!) but all seem v friendly, helpful and truly entertaining.

I'm all of the first three!
Welcome
Giler

Yorkie
14-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Welcome to the club! There are plenty of Northerners and a few that live close to you! Im sure you will hear from them soon enough!

Yorkie.

mad_turnips
14-09-2006, 03:55 PM
i too have been described as all three but as far as i am concered crazy is better than some people who think they are sane, wierd just means you dont identikit yourself and become a carbon copy ( uummmm carbon) *chough erm anyway what was the last one oh yes danger to myself thats a fair point but am also a danger to other people so does it cancel its self out?

anyway welcom to the fold hope you will be very happy here:fou:

turnips

topspacemonkey
14-09-2006, 11:40 PM
Thanks you guys for making me welcome.

Cheers :drunk:

Paranoid Dave
15-09-2006, 08:39 AM
welcome, and not a long post at all, i found it quite uplifting to hear such tales of fondness and desire - excuse me while i'm sick - but i too love my monster deeply and its nice to know others feel the same.

I think you're in the same neck of the woods as Scotty and Lost again (god help you) come to think of it where is he lately?

Anyway, find yourself a good ducati technician to talk to, prob not a dealer then eh, but someone who knows them inside out and your troubles will be over.

Monsters - we love em.

Lost Again
15-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Welcome to the club!

PD - I've not disappeared, just moved back down to Huddersfield. Been working for my old uni placement company all summer. Goin to drop down to part-time next week tho cos I'm startin my final (hopefully) year at uni!

Scotty
15-09-2006, 05:47 PM
hey up, :look:

topspacemonkey
15-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Grazie mille for todays welcome greetings... settling into UKMOCville nicely now you crazy dudes and dudettes!:spin: