PDA

View Full Version : Suberbikes at Silverstone

sadbiker
13-09-2006, 05:06 PM
Anyone going to this event?

Just had a mail from MCN saying I have won a free ticket for raceday. So thought bugger it and lets be nice to COR and get her one as well.

Don't know whether to take bikes or Car(air conditioning). What do people think Its a bit of a boring ride the direct route and will want to be getting there for 9am, and don't fancy get hot and sweaty in leathers? So odds are car looking the suspect.

Is it an easy track to get into and back out of since they did all the road works along side it, do they charge for parking for cars or bikes????

Any info or advice would be helpful.

Regards

Pel

fatbloke
13-09-2006, 05:51 PM
I'll be there
sorry cant remember if its free to park

Chappers
14-09-2006, 08:10 AM
I too got 2 free tickets so myself and Markus will be there and hopefully on the bikes if the weather is nice :mand:

sadbiker
14-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Advert in MCN does state free car parking.....

I would love to go on the bikes but its a 2+ hour ride, Motorway for quite a bit of it. ie M5.M4 A34 onwards, and have to be honest I find motorway quite boring on the monster.

Chappers
16-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Myself, Markus and his 2 buddies are going on our bikes. We're meeting on the A5 (H5 Hockey Stadium) in Central Milton Keynes at McDonalds at 8:45am sharp, so if anyone fancies meeting there you're welcome.

Anyone going that wants to hook up with us once we're there give me a buzz/text on 07725 004885 :ukm:

Zimbo
16-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Cirencester - Burford - Chipping Norton - Deddington not a bad run on the bike, in fact it's rather good!

sadbiker
18-09-2006, 07:40 AM
Zimbo,

I know but at 6am on a Sunday, a bag of camera gear, food etc.

Glad I didn't go on bike with leathers as it turned out to be a very warm day and Silverstone seems to catch the sun.

Hopefully I managed to get a few decent snaps, trying to practice panning and capturing the bikes as they go by.