PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on??

ricky
07-09-2006, 09:24 AM
Every time i turn my bike off the right hand indicator starts flashing and clocks stay 'on' so i can still see temperture and mileage. Ive had a mechanic look it over but nothing obvious is wrong, even with the indicator or light switches disconnected it still happens! my mechanic cant work out were the power is comin from. The engine stops with cut out switch and key but the indicator keeps flashing, i think its a short but cant find were, anybody know what on earth is wrong with my wee baby:scratch: ricky

bigredduke
07-09-2006, 10:02 AM
"i think its a short" - how appropriate!

cheeky monkey
07-09-2006, 10:57 AM
whatever the indicator is bolted to is becoming live if it still works when disconnected. the two dukes ive had both had small faults to the wireing near the headstock on the right hand side. check to see if its been rubbing when you turn the bars.

Darry
07-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Ricky,

Follow the two wires from the indicator to the head stock (behind the headlight), you'll see that they're connected using two bullet connectors; disconnect both connectors, the indicator will now not work (obviously), but see if this stops the clocks staying on too. If the clocks don't stay on then you know its the wire coming from the indicator. Could be just the bullet connectors are loose/exposed.

D.

Capo
07-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Mine started to do a similar thing. When I turned off the ignition, both the front indcators flashed twice. Then it stopped doing it. Never figured out why.

bod
07-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Indicator flashing and by sounds of the dash staying lit sounds like an alarm problem to me,try disconecting it to see if it stops(go on tell me you don't have one fitted now):scratch:

ricky
11-09-2006, 09:18 AM
dont have one fitted!! :D but am thinkin it might have something to do with the immobilser aswell as it wouldnt start the other day!! :thumbsdown:

stoppit&tidyup
29-08-2007, 06:48 AM
hey, this has just started to happen to mine. It started doing it after i gave it a bath. Right Indicator now flashes for a few seconds after i turn of the switch. anyone know whats going on. ??

Capo
29-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Mine started to do a similar thing. When I turned off the ignition, both the front indcators flashed twice. Then it stopped doing it. Never figured out why.

Mine did that as well

Nickj
29-08-2007, 06:58 PM
That'll be more Italian temperament and character :o so I'd try for a short.
The wiring is much better than it used to be, Pantahs were a bit doggy and the elderly (sorry LOL mature but not like old cheese OK) amongst us might remember the old desmo singles... Sheesh how could such simple wiring keep going wrong!!!
Go for a short somewhere first, the immobilser failing isn't a nice thought.

stoppit&tidyup
31-08-2007, 12:49 PM
bike went mental yesterday. nothing worked and dials were just frozen took out the fuses and it seem ok after that. the right inducator and dash still stay on after switching the bike off, but by putting the left indcator on before switching the bike off seems to solve the problem.

I'm never washing the bike again!!!!!