PDA

View Full Version : Avebury this Sunday

sadbiker
06-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Anyone thinking off going to Avebury this Sunday if the weather is ok.

I fancy getting the bike out and having a very Gentle Pootle over if anyone is interested in going from WSM.

If any of the Guys from the south are thinking of going let us knwo what time you expect to be there so have somthing to aim for.

Shandy
06-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Hangover depending i'll be able to make this one, especially as the weathers saying 24 degrees and sunny :D

Gilps
06-09-2006, 06:53 PM
There's a strong possibility that I may well be up for that. It would be good to catch up with you again Pel. I'll keep you posted.

Stafford
06-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Sorry guys and gals, me and the bike are off to Builth Wells for the weekend.
Big party http://www.homegrownfestival.com/ to go to.
Next time
Q

sadbiker
08-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Well depending on weather we will be looking to get there for about 12PM,

Looking to go WSM/BATH A4 then onto Avebury.

Are any of you peeps from South of Averbury having another go this weekend? It would be good to see some of you there...

At Mo it looks like myself and Cor on our Monsters, maybe a couple of friends and who ever we see at Averbury, Anyone from Brizzzzzle interested? Maybe meeting up around the Globe Roundabout before Bath ? A

Anyone want to meet up at WSM ?

Bet it rains.... Just like last week.

Gilps
09-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Pel - are you still heading over? If so, I'll see you there. I'll have me a little
ride round Wiltshire first then see you in there around 12-ish. If anyone wants to join me then let me know.

sadbiker
09-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Gilps

Our plans are for 12 at Avebury at the Red Lion.

Went over to Exmoor today on the bike with a mate, Have to be honest I just couldn't do any decent riding on the B roads, just didn't have any confidence for the bends or tight roads. So matey had to play get to a turning and have a long wait. A roads I am fairly fine, its just a mental block at the moment about bends. Kept thinking, how the hell did I end up flying over the bars and wacking the mirror.

Popped into Riders of Brigwater on way back and even mentioned, if I can't sort it out by end of year, will trade it in for a Harley, at least I will have a reason for going slow...........

Gilps
09-09-2006, 04:43 PM
A roads I am fairly fine, its just a mental block at the moment about bends. Kept thinking, how the hell did I end up flying over the bars and wacking the mirror.

It's coz you had an accident. They happen sometimes. It won't happen again unless you let it. This bike still goes round corners just like the last one did, and all the other Monsters do too. It's now down to you to get it to go round the corners. If you use the same technique that you used to use before the off, then I can guarantee you will go round corners just like you used to do. I presume you were happy beforehand. If you adopt some new technique then you will undoubtedly corner in some new way, and probably not a good one. You know that most bikes are more capable than most of us will ever be so have confidence in the bike, and in yourself. You will both go round bends. Try following Cor at a gentle pace and build up from there. Keep at a safe distance but follow her lines. Trying to keep up with your mate who is out for a hoon ain't gonna do it.
See you tomorrow, and if I find out you came straight down the A4 I'll give you such a clout .:mand:

sadbiker
09-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Naa Matey was running his bike in...

It was nice seeing the butterflys, the birds and the bees. Was nearly overtaken by a green tracktor...

My problem is I have been very lucky twice, written off 2 bikes but walked away, I know people who didn't on lesser crash's, I know I love cats but somehow don't think I have 9 lives. It has made me think a lot about riding.. The last accident was so out of the blue that it has shaken me a bit.

I have done 400 miles now on this monster, but today was the first day on tight B Roads. At moment I am happy to just take it easy.

Just need to get some filler and get rid off this dent in confidence.

NattyBoy
09-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Ill see if I can squeeze it in before the christening - wont be able to stop long though !

Nat

Shandy
09-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Looks like i won't make this one after all, just about to head off to the pub which means a long night ahead and a bad hangover tomorrow. Got offered a good new job yesterday down in Bath so i've got something to celebrate tonight :booze: :booze: :booze: :yoparty: :yoparty: :yoparty:

Have fun all its looking like its going to be a good day for it :thumbsup:

sadbiker
09-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Shandy, you must be able to make 12......

But have a nice night, congrats on Job,

Natty all the more welcome

Shandy
10-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Shandy, you must be able to make 12......

Not a chance today i'm afraid it was a bit of a big night, i only managed to drag my ar5e out of bed at about 11 and since then i've been having a bit of a limb co-ordination problem :freak:

congrats on Job

Cheers mate i'm well pleased with this job offer, its one of those chance of life time sort of things.

Shandy

BoozyBOB
10-09-2006, 01:32 PM
a fine ride in the sun today...
good to meet you all..
hope all got home safe.. myself i did a bit of stunt riding in Thatcham on the way home.... boy Ducati brakes realy work...:o

Gilps
10-09-2006, 01:43 PM
boy Ducati brakes realy work...:o
I must get me some of those. It was good to me you to. I had a lovely long way round type of ride home. Wonderful.

sadbiker
10-09-2006, 03:49 PM
I got back safe and sound, and the bike is still in one piece...

Good to meet you boozybob, glad all was ok.

Glad everyone got back ok today, we had a nice scenic ride down seeing the white horse as well. Think we managed a round trip of about £150miles, sorry to say Gilps we did the A4 back to Bath, but sure the trip getting there made up for it.