PDA

View Full Version : It's Norfolkin good, we must get out more

Nonnie
05-09-2006, 09:47 AM
So, let's have ourselves a get together.

Let's meet at Veloces on Saturday 9th I think at midday (I will be in the pub the night before so I have no chance of making a morning appearance).

Then, as they say, the world is our oyster, or our playground, or our seaside.

I appear to be drawn to the sea again but can be persuaded to venture inland or North.

So, dust off the lids, prepare your bike and bring your trewsers. I don't know why but I think they might be helpful at some point.

squiffything
05-09-2006, 10:01 AM
the thing is if i say yes it will rain! I know you will convince me otherwise and the sun will be shining right up to the point where i will have sat my bum on the seat and turned the key but it will rain and i will get wet...

neilbaldry
05-09-2006, 10:05 AM
fear not squiffy! i it rains, then we have phil goodes over the road to entertain us!!! - well that, and sitting on the bikes in Veloce's and pestering the staff!

squiffything
05-09-2006, 10:10 AM
where is veloces is it in Norwich.

Neil i work and grew up in Newmarket and i have to say that getting blown out by a Newmarket girl is not such a bad thing.

its well known that the horses down this way are better looking than the girls

hee hee hee

neilbaldry
05-09-2006, 10:28 AM
aha! the girl is from Nott's, but is visiting a friend in Newmarket. and to be honest, i'd rather ride my bike than go out to DeNiro's.

but if you think about it, the horses in Newmarket are thoroughbreds! the pinnacle of Horsey design. probs got some of the best horses in the world!

Nonnie
05-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Howdo Squiff.

Veloces is off the A140 about 3 miles South of Norwich in a little known place called Swardeston. The turning is just past the Tescos on the right if you're headed into Norwich.

Weather looks alright so far..............

neilbaldry
05-09-2006, 10:30 AM
well if its easier for Squiffy, then i could meet him further west, and we can ride in, in tandem?

squiffything
05-09-2006, 10:47 AM
The G G's are indeed thoroughbreds but i find they're all too tall for me the girlies on the other hand are definately not thoroughbreds oh thats so unfair there are some lovely girls in town but i would agree about the DeNiro's comment.

I will check out if my lady has anything planned for me this weekend and if not i will be there even if it is raining. Where do you suggest Neil I would come up via the A11 via "windum".

squiffything
05-09-2006, 10:50 AM
One of the good things about working in the same office is that I can check things out quickly. I have a kitchen pass for Saturday she says I can go play yippee

neilbaldry
05-09-2006, 10:52 AM
erm. well, lemme think (and as i think, i am opening another window so i can google searcha map of Anglia lol)

if you A11 it to Norwich, your pretty much there. but anywhere along the A47 is good for me.

squiffything
05-09-2006, 11:16 AM
See, I can hack in via Brandon then Swaffham or straight up to Norwich but thats all dual from Elvedon and a bit boring how about a meet somewhere along the Swaffham to Norwich road. Give me a place and time.

Spud
05-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Howdo Squiff.

Veloces is off the A140 about 3 miles South of Norwich in a little known place called Swardeston. The turning is just past the Tescos on the right if you're headed into Norwich.

Weather looks alright so far..............

Just a small point, isn't that turning on the left?

Nonnie
05-09-2006, 01:05 PM
I see your small point there Mr Spud and I increase my pressure on the fact that the Tesco's is still on the right. I have placed the emphasis on the Tesco building being on the right not the swardeston turning, as both you and I know, it is in fact on the left.

Pedantics of the world unite!

squiffything
05-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Nonnie admit it you just didn't have your L and R wellies on this morning

Nonnie
05-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Thank God for C and A knickers........

p.s. I really did mean that Tescos was on the right. I realise nobody is going to believe me but I don't mind.

Spud
05-09-2006, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=NonniePedantics of the world unite![/QUOTE]

At last I find my true spiritual home, is there a forum, where do i join, damn sure I'm better at being pedantic than riding bikes!

Oh, of course, not to miss the opportunity......................................

I really think that it would be "Pedants of the world unite"!!!!!!!!!!

Only if you want to be pedantic about it

Nonnie
05-09-2006, 07:01 PM
http://www.plokta.com/plokta/issue4/pedantic.htm

Spud
06-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Oh dear, my secret identity has been exposed :hissy:

BTW, having hijacked the thread with the pedantic rant - might actually pop up to Veloce on Saturday and say hallo - and take a beating no doubt!

Nonnie
06-09-2006, 09:54 AM
The only thing I am likely to beat you at is my lack of navigational skills.

The weather still looks good for Saturday.

squiffything
06-09-2006, 01:03 PM
so we're all gonna say hello then. any plans for afters?

Nonnie
06-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Yes.

Oh, you mean tell you? Right.

Fancy a trip upwards to Holt? Nice road, or Sherringham? Or Cromer (apparently you can get crabs there donchaknow), but we'll find a nice pub anyway.

squiffything
06-09-2006, 03:57 PM
I have an aunt and uncle in cromer and yup you're right you def can catch crabs there. Sounds like a plan what time are you thinking of meeting up and can you remind me on Friday to take down the details of where and when coz i'm getting old and the memories failing

Nonnie
06-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Squiffy, midday, Veloces, Saturday.

(That's like my going out mantra. Fags, purse, keys, lighter)

squiffything
07-09-2006, 06:39 AM
OK so that's Veloces at 12.00.

Veloces is off the A140 about 3 miles South of Norwich in a little known place called Swardeston. The turning is just past the Tescos on the right if you're headed into Norwich. But the turning is on the left and Tesco's is on the right.

Then its a blast upto the North Norfolk coast, stop off at Holt/Cromer/Sherringham, grab some chips and fish, catch crabs, have a paddle, pose by the bikes, make lots of jokes about Neils new Zards and how long it took for him to get them/fit them, admire PD's new baby if he can get his bum outta bed to join us and then head on home....

Thats sort of the plan then?

neilbaldry
07-09-2006, 10:41 AM
squiffy! sounds like a plan! but it only took me about an hour to fit, it was the 6+ weeks it took for them to get here! (after spareshack wrongly said they had some in stock and it would take a week to arrive!)

squiffything
07-09-2006, 10:46 AM
hee hee hee was following the thread some weeks ago upto the point of you going away just as they were about to arrive. At that point it all went quiet.....

Do you fancy a meet and a ride in saturday morning if so where do you suggest

neilbaldry
07-09-2006, 10:54 AM
erm. i dunno. im not 100% sure what time im heading in, as Veloce's recently took delivery of an MV Agusta F4, and i might be giving it a test ride. so it might be earlier, or it might be at 11. but i might bring it forward to tomoro.

tell you what, you know where the Thickthorn services are on the A47? could meet there?

squiffything
07-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Neil you got PM

neilbaldry
07-09-2006, 11:04 AM
yes i have indeed, and that was some cold **** Graham! i dont think i would go far, or fast enough to fall off!

the only stumbling block i forsee would be insurance. it would cripple me, being a group 16 bike and all.

squiffything
07-09-2006, 11:29 AM
All in fun! go on give it a go just tell em that it would be ok coz you are in the forces and you fight to save their lives so if you were to have an accident they would forgive you. Heck they might even give you the thing anyway

ahem sorry about that just slipped into bizzarro world there for a min

neilbaldry
07-09-2006, 11:39 AM
that did actually sound quite american. the part where you said i fight to save their lives! its funny how the yanks are very open about their support for their armed forces, not neccesarily the war. but in the uk, its very different. the only time i have heard the media support 'us' has been when a soldier has died, or when The Sun gets its greasy mitts on a 'boys own' style war story of courage and heroism.

anyways, back to bikes. booked a test ride for 1pm friday (tomoro).

squiffything
07-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Oopps didn't want it to be though am all for giving the forces guys a bit of support its a job that has to be done so why not give a thumbs up to the guys that step forward.

Hope you have a god run tommoz

neilbaldry
07-09-2006, 12:25 PM
yeah me too! im all giddy already! tho i keep going out and looking at my monnie, questioning my potential descision. to be honest, i probs wont get the MV, i really cant get on with sports bikes. but hell, when am i gonna get a chance like this again?!

Nonnie
07-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Excuse me while I just marvel at the fact there are 33 replies on a Norfolk thread. Blimey, that's a first and not all of it was hijacking.

Neil, have fun test riding a beautiful bike tomorrow.

See y'all Saturday.

Weather still looks good don't it?

squiffything
07-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Nah its gonna rain I just know it see ya's tommorrow are you both coming Non or just you on your lonesome?

neilbaldry
07-09-2006, 01:09 PM
like i said, if it does rain, then i say we should take up residence in Phil Goodes until it passes, and act like littles kids in Veloce's, touching, and sitting on the bikes, and running round like loons!

squiffything
07-09-2006, 01:33 PM
:) Neil you are definately a man after my own heart (and i don't mean that in the George Michael kind of way)

Playtime at Veloce's and a camp out at Phil Goodes if raining, chish and fips at the seaside if it stays dry and a good day for all whatever the weather

Nonnie
07-09-2006, 01:37 PM
We're both putting in an appearance Squiffy. Hurrah for days off work when they fall at the weekend!

squiffything
07-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Do you think PD and his Lady will be around haven't seen him on to ask him.

Just wanna see how his new toy is looking.

Nonnie
07-09-2006, 02:01 PM
PD and PH are currently in Italy attending a wedding. Ooooh the jetsetters..

squiffything
07-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Wow whats his mobly No. we should all be putting in our orders for parts direct from the Duc factory.

neilbaldry
08-09-2006, 03:49 PM
im sure everyone will be surprised to know, the MV was a stunning bike to ride. seating position is very much 748esque i found. the plank of a seat wasnt an issue when on the move, and the handling was awesome. but alas, as soon as i got back on my Monnie, i knew where my heart lies! maybe if i came into some money, i would get one as a track bike. but NO! im keeping my monster!

Nonnie
08-09-2006, 05:58 PM
And we shall see it tomorrow and it's Zards. I am very curious about those you know.

And the weather still looks good. It was obviously meant to be.

neilbaldry
08-09-2006, 11:53 PM
oooooooh yes! meant to be, it was!

squiffything
09-09-2006, 06:07 AM
well its just gone seven and have been up since six good to see you had a good ride neil but you always new it would be the monnie. :)

good job i went online coz you all forgot to remind me! or did you...

see you all later at twelve or earlier if ya wanna ring neil

emily's driver
09-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Nice to meet up with you Graham and Neil again today. Neil those Zards look the part and just as I suspected are beautifully made (Termignoni take note). I being terribly sad was rather taken with the standard of welding and those tasty end caps on the silencers (if that is what you can call them). Looks like you have strapped a couple of Gatling guns to the back of the bike. Tres artillery. They sound good too. Always a plus point that!

Anyway, Nonnie and I both enjoyed your company and hopefully we can go out and play in the near future before winter really sets in. Could not have asked for more today really. Weather was glorious and the riverside lunch weren't too bad either. I'm still hungry but we are off to a wedding reception in an hour or so (oh no more alcohol!), which means we don't have to worry about supper. In't weddings brilliant?

neilbaldry
09-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Heya ED, yeah, was a good day, weather was spiffing, and the food was good too! hopefully another outing will be on the cards before the winter. good to meet Graham aswel!

so ED, you tempted back into the world of sportsbikes?

emily's driver
10-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Heya ED, yeah, was a good day, weather was spiffing, and the food was good too! hopefully another outing will be on the cards before the winter. good to meet Graham aswel!

so ED, you tempted back into the world of sportsbikes?

I have to say yes I am. That's not necessarily taking anything away from the S4RS, but it's hard to eradicate 12 years of riding sportsbikes from your mind and whilst I enjoy the current bike, I know that if the new 1098 is all it is being made out to be, then I feel a return to the faired fold coming on. The lure is just too strong.

squiffything
10-09-2006, 02:04 PM
No don't do it or at least keep your monster for the monster life it gives you go on you can afford it

Great day you guys and the ever lovely Nonnie who just doesn't seem to stop smiling. The weather could not have been better and the pubs chosen were spot on.

Hopefully another ride before the cold stuff arrives or just a get together where i can bring the lovely Sarah along to meet you lot

emily's driver
10-09-2006, 03:32 PM
No don't do it or at least keep your monster for the monster life it gives you go on you can afford it

Great day you guys and the ever lovely Nonnie who just doesn't seem to stop smiling. The weather could not have been better and the pubs chosen were spot on.

Hopefully another ride before the cold stuff arrives or just a get together where i can bring the lovely Sarah along to meet you lot

Graham I wish I had the finances to let me do that but sadly if I do decide to change, Emily has to go. So long as she goes to a good home I don't mind. You are right about Nonnie though, that is one of her most endearing qualities.

Nonnie
10-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Aw shucks you guys.

The Village of the Damned done us proud though eh? And we managed to card 2 other Monster owners. Hi Chris and Steve, you said you read the site so this is your chance to say Hi!

Hopefully, the weather will still be good to us for a while otherwise I'll be on my lonesome soup runs to Yarmouth again.