PDA

View Full Version : Travel info Holland

small boy
03-09-2006, 05:28 PM
:scratch: Hi can any body give me any info on travelling to and back from arnhem in holland.Best route via Calais or Hook of Holland/hotels -are they easy to find/speed limits/Petrol stations,credet cards accepted for feu:scratch: l on sundays etc..................any advice would be great.
David

gjfevans
03-09-2006, 05:44 PM
in my experiance its not much different from here you can use switch in cash machines and shops. Good service stations on the major roads etc. I have done Hull to Rotterdam on the overnight which is a bit more expensive but you get to party on the way over:drunk:

Guzzirider
03-09-2006, 06:28 PM
I visit the Netherlands every year and its a very welcome place in general. Most people speak perfect English, although I always try to speak a few words please / thank you / 2 beers etc. You will have no problems with credit cards in petrol stations but be careful about speeding- the ultimate sanction available to the police is confiscation of your vehicle and they will do it if you are speeding excessively. Don't know what the hotels are like because we always camp.

If you are sailing to Rotterdam you will have a really easy journey. If you are sailing to France then heading north, navigating around Antwerp can be a pain and I know plenty of riders who have got lost there.

Guy

small boy
16-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Been,done it,thanks for all the help.
David