PDA

View Full Version : Brands Hatch 13th Sept.

slob
03-09-2006, 05:17 AM
http://www.riders.org/en/html/archive_story.php?story=406

The link above is a report from last year's Dave Harris Memorial Track Evening.

Dave sadly passed away after an incident exiting Graham Hill bend at Brands Hatch on the 25th May 2005

There may be a few places left, the event is 100% for Riders for Health, MSV, FE etc are all doing this for free.

This will not be your usual banzai trak evening but a chance for people to remember Dave and make him proud.

So if you want to book, call Focussed Events on 08702 646 268 - It is not listed on their website.

Even if you cant make the track evening to participate, come down anyway, your support would be great.

There is a raffle as well, open to all. Annette will be asking people for raffle money on the night.

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/showthread.php?t=34514

slob
09-09-2006, 12:12 AM
...or if anyone wants to sponsor me, drop me a PM.

CK & AK
09-09-2006, 08:06 AM
see you there mate:D bringing both race bikes for this one

slob
09-09-2006, 08:54 AM
see you there mate:D bringing both race bikes for this one
Looking forward to it, I haven't done Brands before(as a rider). Just watching weather reports with fingers crossed.

NattyBoy
09-09-2006, 05:24 PM
c u there guys..
Nat

marchesini
10-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Got my bike back! It's not quite finished but certainly trackable so what groups are you track monkeys in??? Only got spaces left in the fast and slow groups now and I'm in the mood for dancing ....

NattyBoy
10-09-2006, 08:45 AM
'kin hell mate !!!! Fast for me...

Nat

marchesini
10-09-2006, 08:53 AM
'kin hell mate !!!! Fast for me...

Nat

Not sure what to do. The bike has only just been put back together so don't want to blow it up on it's first outing. What's the normal running in thing when engines are (virtually) new? I'm edging towards the novices just so I can take it easy with the bike ....

NattyBoy
10-09-2006, 08:59 AM
At the end of the day mate - its a fun night so novices will be fine - i'll drop down if you and slob are in the same group.

As for running the engine in....nail the living daylights out of it - it will be fine (that was a joke btw!!)

NattyBoy
10-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Talking about trackdays - did I tell you about Iain (yellow 998s from lydden)..?

Nat

marchesini
10-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Talking about trackdays - did I tell you about Iain (yellow 998s from lydden)..?

Nat

i heard he came off. Much damage?

CK & AK
10-09-2006, 09:32 AM
there are only 2 groups as it is an evening session, Simon.

Novie/Inters & Inters/Fast

should get 3 sessions each of 20 mins - or rather thats what you usually get there & we did last year:)

slob
10-09-2006, 09:52 AM
I'm in the Nov/Int.

marchesini
10-09-2006, 10:28 AM

should get 3 sessions each of 20 mins - or rather thats what you usually get there & we did last year:)

Cheers for that. I think I'll go and hassle Mr Slob then. I've cleared it with the boss so just need to clear it with work now. Fingers crossed that I'll see you there.

Laters

NattyBoy
10-09-2006, 11:36 AM
i heard he came off. Much damage?

£4500 to repair it with a mixture of old and new (it was at corner 1 at silverstone - very quick as you know)..he gutted poor bloke. Bike has sentimental value has his mum paid for it before she passed away. Im trying to help him out with some stuff which should save him a few bob..

Spanner
10-09-2006, 05:50 PM

I didn't get three sessions in!!! Can't remember why!!!!

I'll be there but won't be riding. Just going to be sociable.

CK & AK
10-09-2006, 06:56 PM
I didn't get three sessions in!!! Can't remember why!!!!

mmmmmmmmmm.............did gravel have anything to do with it? :scratch:

I'll be there but won't be riding. Just going to be sociable.

Just as well then :D we dont want a repetition of last year :look:

:D :D you must be bringing the bottles then Doug :D

katana
12-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Well see you all there.

CK & AK
12-09-2006, 04:56 PM
blimey, I forgot to get back to you mate :eek:

Give AK a call after 7pm tonight about the bits - 07956 351399
I'll tell him to expect your call:)

apologies :(

katana
13-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Was a cracking evening with about £7000 raised.

Quick question was wondering if some one has picked up a set of gloves from garage 12.

slob
14-09-2006, 04:59 AM
Certainly was a top evening out with good company.
My leathers got a good wash on the way home, hardly seemed worth taking them off before having a hot bath. Can't complain though, three sessions on track and only a few spots of rain on my visor as I came round clearways for the last time.
I managed to raise another £344 for RFH in sponsorship.
I'll be there but won't be riding. Just going to be sociable.You lucky, lucky bastard!

psychlist
14-09-2006, 06:06 AM
You lucky, lucky bastard!

Well done Slob! Congrats Doug!!

NattyBoy
14-09-2006, 08:02 AM
THe next bit you buy just went up 20% doug..ha ha !!!

Great evening...a big slide at clearways nearly ejected me and was seen in its full splendour by mutters who was behind..and my header tank split, but apart from that great fun at my first outing at brands. The feeling when you nail it half way round paddock into the bomb hole and the forks bottom out is very strange !!!

Thats it for me with UK trackdays this year so the little red minx will be taken apart over the coming months and fitted with some new bling for next season...(54mm termis - yum yum !!)

Nat

katana
14-09-2006, 10:32 AM
THe next bit you buy just went up 20% doug..ha ha !!!

Great evening...a big slide at clearways nearly ejected me and was seen in its full splendour by mutters who was behind..and my header tank split, but apart from that great fun at my first outing at brands. The feeling when you nail it half way round paddock into the bomb hole and the forks bottom out is very strange !!!

Thats it for me with UK trackdays this year so the little red minx will be taken apart over the coming months and fitted with some new bling for next season...(54mm termis - yum yum !!)

Nat

Ahh was looking for you but could seem to catch you. What garage were you in?

NattyBoy
14-09-2006, 10:34 AM

The busy one full of dukes - about half way down - mine was the 748 foggy rep (no.4). Not to worry as like a complete cabbage I forgot the shock anyway - doh !

Nat

psychlist
14-09-2006, 12:52 PM

No 12 :moto: