PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Meat

CrashMonkey
02-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Hey folks, suppose i'll start with a bit about me :)

My name is Mark, i'm 21 and live in the north east (Home in scarborough, uni in York). I used to ride an FZR 600, but chucked it down olivers mount and broke my thumb about 6 weeks ago, then decided I wanted something different. Bought a used (1998) silver m750 yesterday and got given the card for this site by the bloke I got it from. I'm a bit of newbie when it comes to bikes, but with plenty of enthusiasm, looking forward to meeting some of ya around the place in the forseeable future :)

[Edit] Oh yeah, i'll get a couple of pictures posted tomorrow if the weather's improved a bit to take 'em :)

On a side note, the bike is due a full service, anyone know a decent place to get it done relatively close?

sadbiker
02-09-2006, 06:24 PM
An FZR600... should be a classic now.. take it was red and white ?

Hope you like the monster, it must be one hell of a different kettle of fish to the yam.

Good luck with the monster, the 750 was a very well rated bike.

CrashMonkey
02-09-2006, 06:53 PM
An FZR600... should be a classic now.. take it was red and white ?

Hope you like the monster, it must be one hell of a different kettle of fish to the yam.

Good luck with the monster, the 750 was a very well rated bike.

Not original faring, and it'd been sprayed black by a previous owner. Rode the monster back from kent to here yesterday, loved it the whole way :) Even if it did take me nearly 8 hours, heh.

sadbiker
02-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Yes I love the difference of the duke engines to a inline 4, its a bit like chalk and cheese, luckily I enjoy both. Does it have open cans fitted as this does allow the engine to be heard much better.

CrashMonkey
02-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Unfortunately not, still the original cans. Once i recover from the cost of insuring it, and getting the service done, i'll be hitting ebay again for a couple of better ones :)

Yorkie
02-09-2006, 07:07 PM
If you are not bothered about Ducati doing the service, then try John Warrington in Malton. He is the only bloke i trust!

Yorkie.

stef
02-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Ducati John, in leeds, (A61, wakefield side). really, really top bloke.
loads of members will recommend him.

MIKE SANDERSON
02-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi Mark - welcome to the club - Nice choice of bike - I've recently bought an M750 dark and love it to bits, i've been used to jap bikes but the monster is different again, within two weeks i'd aquired some through pipes and it sounds awsome - just like it should. I have a place in Scarborough (old town) and make any excuse to blast up there. I'll look out for you and say hello - maybe see you on Olivers mount (thumb permitting)

stef
03-09-2006, 08:16 AM
- maybe see you on Olivers mount (thumb permitting)

I'd rather see you on olivers mount than see you mount oliver..but that's a different story.

benson
03-09-2006, 09:40 AM
With or without thumbs tho Stef???:devil:

CrashMonkey
03-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome folks :)
Anyone heading to the NEC for the bike show in october? I'm gonna be along with a few people, would be nice to meet up for a pint if anyone else is turning up :)

scrumpster
03-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Don't think I've said hello, so I will now. Bike show is too far for me to go :thumbsdown: Enjoy your monster!

bigredduke
03-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Greetings to another yorkshire monster owner! I live in east yorks but was born in scarborough several decades ago. I often head north for a blat so no doubt we can meet up some time. Hoping to go to the bike show but unsure of a date as yet! Enjoy the rest of the year!

bod
03-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Another Yorkie welcome.....

Scarbrough sounds like a good place for a met up.

Tigerlily
03-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Hi and welcome to the club :D

I'll second what Stef said about servicing - Ducati John really knows his stuff and his prices are more than reasonable. He treats every bike like his own too.

A northern meet up sounds like a crackin idea! - Anybody know when it's going to stop raining?????

CrashMonkey
03-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the service tips, i'll make some phonecalls this week and see how it goes. A northern meet would be great too, I'd definately be up for it :)