PDA

View Full Version : Hi

desmo
01-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Hello all.
After many years piloting a series of Japanese rice rockets, I have reached that time of life where I need to be a bit more sensible!!!
So I am the proud owner of a M800 S2R & my wife has a M620.
Oops, what have I been & done?

Desmo.

Pedro
01-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Well done fella! Welcome to the club

Good choice of bike too!

Ped

benson
Welcome to the madhouse and well done - that's your forseeable future income spoken for then!!!!

Tigerlily
Hi Desmo welcome to the club!

You've both made a very wise decision :D ....... call the bank first thing in the morning to arrange a loan/overdraft/remortgage to pay for all the nice little accessories.

Have fun!

Shandy
01-09-2006, 10:11 PM
I need to be a bit more sensible!!!
So I am the proud owner of a M800 S2R & my wife has a M620.
Oops, what have I been & done?

Bought a damn good bike that has nothing to do with being sensible that's what :yoparty: :yoparty:

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Shandy

Gilps
02-09-2006, 01:59 AM
Welcome to the club. Good choice of bike too. Are you the guy I saw in Riders on Wednesday afternoon, buying the bike I was about to borrow as a loan bike? I'm sure Duncan will be along to say hi, he's the area rep.

cosmicknome
02-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Welcome to the club, you do realise know you have become a serious motocycle addict and there is no turning back.
You will now be a serious user for the rest of your life and all your money will
be used to feed this habit.
Welcome to Hevean!:chuckle:

Yorkie
02-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the club! Let the modifications begin!:dc:

Yorkie.

sadbiker
02-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Hi,

Are you both going the meet at Golden Heart at Kendleshire(Winterbourne) about 8pm, this Monday, its the DSC and Monster meet, we will be going in our cars as work dictates, my missues (COR) has had a 620 for 4 years and loves it, give you a chance to hopefully meet some other owners and talk monsters...

Good choice of bikes..... Pel

desmo
02-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Thanks all for your warm welcome & words of encouragement.

Hi Glips, yes I am the bloke who bought your intended loan bike, sorry about bumping you onto the 695, maybe I will see you up the Golden Heart & have a proper chat over a beer.

Hi Sadbiker, yes we were intending to go to the Golden Heart, but I thought the Monster club met on the 1st Wed in every month?

We could go this Monday, what does DSC stand for?
Have the Ducati Owners Club & the Monster club amalgamated?
When in the month & on what night do the Monster club usually meet?

Desmo.

Gilps
03-09-2006, 07:45 AM
Desmo - no problem about the bike. It was good to get onto something a little different. You definitely bought the better bike though :) . That 695 is quite different to the S2r.

DSC is Ducati Sporting Club. A good club for all Ducati models. Can be found at www.ducatisportingclub.com

DOC is Ducati Owners Club GB at http://www.docgb.org/branches/gloucestershire.htm
I know that duncan organises rideouts from this meet, although I have not managed to get along to one yet. This club, MOC and DOC both meet up at the same time.

See you around.

sadbiker
03-09-2006, 12:16 PM
1st monday of each month is golden heart. Monsters and ducatis. 8pm onwards.

3rd sat is at riders of bristol for between 10 and 12;

3rd mon of each month a new meet south of bristol at the castle of comfort. burrington combe.

Duncan trys to organise rides on the wed you mentioned. i have never been able ve make those as timing and location against me.

hope to meet you both tom.
regards pel

Duncan
03-09-2006, 09:08 PM
Welcome to the club. Good choice of bike too. Are you the guy I saw in Riders on Wednesday afternoon, buying the bike I was about to borrow as a loan bike? I'm sure Duncan will be along to say hi, he's the area rep.

Hi desmo

Great choice of bike, another 2 Monster family.

Thats a great demo bike, if its the red one with about 1500 miles on it then its the one thats been out with us a few times and it turns and goes very well.

sadbiker
04-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Dunc, I think the demo thst been out was the S2R1000, Looks like the one I had but with all the bits..