PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just love it when things go right!

Tigerlily
01-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Those of you that know me, know that things have been a bit up and down over the last 12 months what with one thing and another.

You'll have gathered that I just quit smoking (and probably during one of the worst weeks I've had in quite a while) so I'm really chuffed with myself for biting the bullet and doing that....... and...... things just got even better!!!!!

I've had a phone call this afternoon confiming that I've got a job!!!!!! :woot:

As of this Sunday I will be working at Ducati Manchester!!!!!!:woot: :woot: :woot:

I can't thank Two Dukes (Martyn) enough! :hail:

At last I'll have petrol money for the bike!:D

Scotty
01-09-2006, 05:32 PM
wow, congratulations

Tigerlily
01-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks Dave

I can't drink my coffee coz my smile's so wide! :chuckle:

bigredduke
01-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Congratters Julie!

Now you'll have to get a bigger lunchbox so you can fit all those DP bits in!

Black Ferret
01-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Congratulations.

What are you gonna be doing?

Have you got some kind of fancy job title?

Nonnie
01-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Congrats me love. Now....important things first, do you get a discount on all that bling?!

Tigerlily
01-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Congratters Julie!

Now you'll have to get a bigger lunchbox so you can fit all those DP bits in!

I'm writing my wish list already!

Congratulations.

What are you gonna be doing?

Have you got some kind of fancy job title?

I'll be working in various departments - clothing/accessories/parts so I'll be doing a bit of everything.
As for my job title - "assistant general dogsbody in-training" is one possibility :chuckle: (that means I don't actually know yet!)

Tigerlily
01-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Congrats me love. Now....important things first, do you get a discount on all that bling?!

I seem to remember that "staff discount" was mentioned somewhere along the line :mand:

STIVH
01-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Well done and congrats there Julie.

Eh Jules babe please!!!! nicely, please - can you remember to get someone to check that there is water in that damn coffee /tea machine so as those of us that arrive late on a Sat or Sun can grab a brew without having to sheepishly creep around someone looking as if we wanna buy a 749 ?

Tigerlily
01-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks Steve,

Sorry that you struggled to get a brew. I'll personally make sure that the drinks machine is kept topped up and I'll make you a drink myself if I'm there the next time you're in :D

benson
01-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Hey Tigerlil - that's great news!!!!! Well done and I hope it's great fun - and next time I'm in my old home town I'll came and see you!!!! :yoparty: :yoparty: :yoparty:

Tigerlily
01-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Make sure you do Rachel! It'll be lovely to see you again :D

benson
01-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Well you never know - I'm considering a ride up at the end of the month because I really fancy checking out a hotel in Derbyshire perhaps for the mini weekender next year - I could murder a decent pint of Boddies!!!

Tigerlily
01-09-2006, 09:43 PM
You've got a pm Rachel :D

benson
01-09-2006, 09:53 PM
He he he - and you just might have a body on the sofa bed at the end of the month! Hurrah!!!!
:yoparty: :D :yoparty: :D :yoparty: :D

Tigerlily
01-09-2006, 10:05 PM
You'll be more than welcome :D

gary tompkins
01-09-2006, 10:58 PM
You should be ok for discount servicing on the 600 then? :D

Mand
02-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Good for you girl :tiger:

manc skank
02-09-2006, 09:37 AM
well done jools :D

stef
02-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Congratulation Julie. Well done.
I'll pop in next time i am in the area.

Yorkie
02-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Superb, i am so happy for you! I can feel a Northern run out if the weather improves! Just to congratulate you on your good luck!

Yorkie.

Julie
02-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Great news Julie! Well done and have fun x

two dukes
03-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Well it was the first day, what was the first thing the little worker did, fill the coffee machine !!! Nobody has to creep round pretending to buy anything, all more than welcome.......it's a small team down there that just got better, we are all delighted to have another Ducati fan as part of the team.........

Tigerlily
03-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Well I did promise that I'd see to the coffee machine!

Just got back from my first day and I really enjoyed it - lots to learn and I'm looking forward it!
One of my first tasks is to help improve the selection of ladies clothing.....I get to shop for clothes and get paid for it - how good is that?!! :D

ps..... Martyn - don't forget to buy some more milk :D

Yorkie
03-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Well done girl!!

Yorkie.

Tigerlily
03-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes everyone :D It'll be nice to see some familiar faces if anyone wants to come and say hello!

Mand
03-09-2006, 06:11 PM
One of my first tasks is to help improve the selection of ladies clothing.....I get to shop for clothes and get paid for it - how good is that?!! :D

Ducati ladies clothing? Oh yes please............. :D

Starter Sprag
03-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes everyone :D It'll be nice to see some familiar faces if anyone wants to come and say hello!

Hope to pop in some time , to say Hi and congrats

Tigerlily
03-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Thanks Geoff, it'll be good to see you again :D

nambduke
03-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Congratulations Tigerlily

from the nambdukes!
Mark, Richard and Nicholas....

Tigerlily
04-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks Mark (and nambduke jnrs), I saw your baby yesterday and it's being well looked after!

nambduke
04-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm??

You saw my baby?? Who are you thinking of????

I have 2 sons, a wife and a monster only.....I think!!

:confused:
nambduke
Mark
(Richard and Nicholas)

Tigerlily
04-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Ooops! My mistake!.... I thought I saw your bike in the workshop yesterday but it's another club members'!

Silly me!:o

two dukes
04-09-2006, 06:31 PM
My fault, black feret not Nambduke, he has some mirrors, slightly scratched but polished off nicely !!!!!

Tigerlily
04-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I thought it looked like Steve's bike but I didn't want to argue with you on my first day! :chuckle:

claicerrig
04-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Ducati ladies clothing? Oh yes please............. :D

Mand

I prefer ladies in Ducati clothing :D :D :D

Well done and congrats on the new job Tigerlilly

Mand
05-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Mand

Clai you have good taste!

Tiger - can you get those "Potere" t-shirts at all? I have been after one of those for a while now and I neeeeeeeeed to buy myself an early birthday pressie.

Black Ferret
05-09-2006, 02:33 PM
My fault, black feret not Nambduke, he has some mirrors, slightly scratched but polished off nicely !!!!!

That'll be mine then. I'd like to thank you for....err...polishing my mirrors without it sounding like some euphemism or other. But I'm not sure how.

Tigerlily
05-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Clai you have good taste!

Tiger - can you get those "Potere" t-shirts at all? I have been after one of those for a while now and I neeeeeeeeed to buy myself an early birthday pressie.

I'll have a look for you tomorrow and see what we've got :D............

....... I just remembered - we've only got mens ones in at the moment but I shall be ordering some ladies ones!

Mand
05-09-2006, 06:37 PM
I'll have a look for you tomorrow and see what we've got :D............

....... I just remembered - we've only got mens ones in at the moment but I shall be ordering some ladies ones!

Super bloody super! Do you require a tester of such products? :D The lady stuff of course......

Tigerlily
05-09-2006, 08:37 PM
A tester? ..... of course! that's why they employed me! :woot:

I can't wait to go to work tomorrow! I've not said that in years!! (if ever)

I'll let you know when the T-shirts are in :D

MrsJel
06-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Sorry if this is a hijack, but seeing potere t-shirts reminded me.

Is it me, or are the potere t-shirts expensive for what they are? (I know, this is Ducati, the word expensive goes with the territory) I'd seen them before and really liked them - so went over to get one from JHP - when the price came up (over 40 quid) I really didn't think the t-shirt was worth it. Compared to the mecanica t-shirt, the quality of the potere seems really cheap.

Moan over

Carole

Pugi
06-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Wow, this site is excellent for everything. Even job finding!
Congratulations on the new job!

two dukes
06-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Yup, the Potere range is expensive, it is hand sen on allegedly, I have the blue arrow up one !!! they are nice and do get attention, we did a bit of an order today, a big one coming up soon, you should see the 2007 stuff !!!!!!!!!!!:spin: :spin: :spin:

Darry
06-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Mand

Well done and congrats on the new job Tigerlilly

I prefer them out of it! :D

Well done :tiger:

Tigerlily
06-09-2006, 08:32 PM
I prefer them out of it! :D

Well done :tiger:

I can't believe it took 2 days for someone to say that! (why am I not surprised it was Darry though?) :chuckle:

If it was up to me Carole, everything would be half the price it is! Unfortunately it isn't and anything with a "designer label" doesn't come cheap. I suppose you're paying a bit extra to be different from the crowd.

Thanks for all the nice messages :D

Darry
06-09-2006, 10:34 PM
I can't believe it took 2 days for someone to say that! (why am I not surprised it was Darry though?) :chuckle:

Hey, you'll give me a bad reputation! ;)

(I would of said it sooner, but only read it today)