PDA

View Full Version : Sunday the 3rd of September

Pedro
31-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Right then, it's first sunday ride out time again. Bob and I talked about heading to the Red Lion at Avebury, anyone fancy it if the weather looks ok (looks a little iffy at the moment!!!)?

Bob's plan was to head up via Devizes. Meet at Tesco's at Winnal in Winchester, just off the M3 / A34 Junction at 10.30 -11.00 is it ain't p*ssing down!!

This alright with you Bob?

So who's coming along then?

Ped

singletrack
31-08-2006, 09:31 PM
I MAY be there, if the weather is good, but don't wait for me -Andy has to take our daughter to The Isle of Wight! ( deja vu!)

BoozyBOB
31-08-2006, 11:37 PM
good plan Pedro...i will study my map..(we might end up in Bognor)... if we are doing a TESCO meet i can do a Alton meet for the Easty beasties...( Surry Sussex ) if they show interest..:D

Melnie Mouse
01-09-2006, 09:21 AM
sorry would love to be there, but it's Goodwood Revival w/e and i'm working saturday so going goodwood sunday. and hey this time i'm dressing up and can't wait.

i'm going as Queen alexander nurse, got me starch hat, a fob watch on my little red cape, grey nurse dress, proper belt and shoes, white hair grips hold hat on, my nan's original nursing badge from when she was training in London Hospital 1945-47 and finally tracked down the seamed stockings... boy that was hard, no where does em anymore except AnnSummers....

Can't wait, even tho i say so myself, I look the bees knees.... so back in time it's amazing.. so looking forward to it.

Melnie Mouse
02-09-2006, 11:21 AM
well i think it might be raining so best you stay in bed Ped! :D

Pedro
02-09-2006, 04:55 PM
If Miss Mouse is correct and it's raining, I shall be staying at home!!

Ped

robht
03-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Well, it is raining this morning here in Wiltshire, not a dozen miles from Devizes, so I shall be staying at home today I think :-(

rich
03-09-2006, 08:16 AM
The forcast says just showers and i need to get out
so whats happening chaps?

rich

Pedro
03-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Not going anywhere, it's raining here and blowing a hoolie too

Ped

wetsump
03-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Shame.. I caught sight of this thread last night and thought a ride out to Avebury today would be nice. Awoke to rain this morning so remained in bed a bit longer, but the sun is out now (in Hungerford) and it is really nice here now.

I may trawl over to Avebury anyway just to see if anyone else has turned out today..

sadbiker
03-09-2006, 12:24 PM
We had been thinking of popping down as well after seeing thread. But rather wet when we woke up. Sun is out now but a bit to windy for my shoulder.

Hope you manage to organise another as would like to pop down for ride if free.

Sounds like a few may have been coming.

wetsump
03-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Well, there were a few bikers at Avebury, but mine was the only Monster. Had a Speckled Hen and a pack of crisps before biking back to Hungerford via Devizes (isn't that road from Devizes to Avebury roundabout boring?) and Tidworth. A pleasant ride spoilt by a few cars (very few, actually) and an absence of biking company.
Maybe another weekend .. ?

Mand
03-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Not going anywhere, it's raining here and blowing a hoolie too

Ped

:D - Just for the record Ped, the weather in the Midlands has been gorgeous. Who says the sarf is always warmer? :chuckle:

Pedro
03-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Bloomin' typical, just when I start to get my new rear wheel stripped of cush drive rubbers and bearings ready for painting, the bloody sun comes out!!!

Ar*e!

Ped