PDA

View Full Version : New (used) bike and new member

zerocool
31-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone. Im posting a picture of my new monster to know what you guys think about it.
Im a tattoo artist baed in london and before this ducati i ve got a scooter for an year ( vxr 180 ). I think that was a good idea to refresh my memory on how traffic work ,because for the last ten year i ve been travelling and with no bike to ride.
Anyway this cost me £1500 .is a 98 black all original . the guy sold it with new pirelli diablo (corsa i think but im not sure) tires and battery. Service history is ok and the belts have been done 600 miles ago.( receipt is present as well) . The only thing that can i spot is a bit of rust on the swingarm , but im gonna get that sort it soon .
At the moment i ordered some parts in carbon fiber and a rev counter to fit on it. Im gonna post new picture when i ll do the job.
Anyway let me know what do you guys think , and if somebody come to london and want to hang out a bit or going for a ride ( or even a tattoo ) let me know . Bye :bucks:

fatbloke
31-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Hi Andro
bike looks great
I've changed you from a registered user to an UKMOC member so
you'll be able to put your pics on the gallery if you like.

Enjoy your Monster

dlloyduk
31-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Welcome! The bike looks nice, just needs the tail off!
Oh and how much do tattoos really hurt? I,ve been thinking of getting one-must be the bike image thing???:scratch:

Shandy
31-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Tidy looking bike sounds like you got a bargain there, if all you've got is a bit of rust on the swing arm then that aint bad at all. You should see the rust on mine its ok from a distance but close up hell no!!!

Cheers,

Shandy

zerocool
31-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks to register me as member,and no tattoo they dont hurt a lot . depend how big do you want the tattoo and where. What do you feel is a burny sensation when you get it done that get milder after the first 5 min.
For the chop tail im not sure . For now i got some smaller white indicator and a new smaller bracket for the numberplate. im gonna put them on during the weekend.

gjfevans
31-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Welcome! The bike looks nice, just needs the tail off!
Oh and how much do tattoos really hurt? I,ve been thinking of getting one-must be the bike image thing???:scratch:
It depends where you have them

http://www.brynorpheus.co.uk/pb/wp_82e23eee/wp_82e23eee.html?0.6332255992690309

Not for the faint hearted

BoozyBOB
31-08-2006, 11:29 PM
you got a bargain on the bike...
welcome to the land of UKMOC...
...(do we get a tatoo discount)...
i am looking for another...:D

keep the tail...

BoozyBOB
31-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Glyn..... is that yours...... ???

Yorkie
01-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Welcome!

A tattoo on you todger!!! Noooooooo!

Yorkie.

Manda
01-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Ouch, that must of hurt like hell, i was a chicken and had my tattoo on the bottom of my back pain free, it was great, didnt feel a thing!
Your bike looks the same as my minster dark that i had then part ex'd it for a red 750i then part ex'd that for my S4R which im sticking to now!

stef
01-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Have you thought about airbrushing your tank ?
as a tatoo artist, i would have imagined that the bug will take you at some point ?

zerocool
01-09-2006, 07:21 PM
I like customisation but im not a big fan of airbrush. And for the monster i would like to put some more parts and change some other but that s it.
And yes off course everyone on the UKMOC can get a special price.

scrumpster
01-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Welcome.... my brothers mate had YOUR NAME tattooed on his todger and made quite a lot of money in bets in various establishments......:rolleyes:

benson
01-09-2006, 08:57 PM
:D SO that's the entertainment sorted at next year's monster weekender then - tattooing!!! If I ever have some more I'll give you a shout zero!!! Well done for buying a monster by the way - they're a lifelong addiction!!! :D (Like tattoos then!!!)