PDA

View Full Version : Lots of bits for crashed Red Monster needed

tch911
28-08-2006, 08:57 PM
A friend decked my beloved monster this weekend when a dog ran out in front of him. It was low speed and damage was minimal. He's also my best freind and I want to save him some cash by buying as many second hand parts. I'm only looking for bits in Very good Condition (Like my bike was!!)

-Either Clutch-hand-side 'mickey mouse' mirror or a pair of alternative mirrors
-Clutch-hand-side standard black bar end plug
-Clutch lever and possibly assembly
-Pillion cover Standard Ducati in Red
-Standard Ducati front fairing in Red
-Ducati Standard grips
-Clutch-hand-side rubber-covered foot peg or a pair of alternative footpegs
-Fuel tank in red but would consider other colours if a spray job won't cost a million bucks! Might not replace, wear your dent with pride!

The bike is a 2003 Monster 620 with fuel Injection.

Many, many thanks in advance,

Tom

Yorkie
28-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Sorry to hear about you mates scrape on your bike! I thought you said it was low speed!!!

Hope you get it fixed soon!

Yorkie.

sadbiker
29-08-2006, 05:15 AM
if you can get hold of the owner of tle dog . you may be able to claim on his house hold insurance for third party liability. dogs should not be loose on the public highway. ie kept in a controlled manor.

tch911
29-08-2006, 10:13 AM
if you can get hold of the owner of tle dog . you may be able to claim on his house hold insurance for third party liability. dogs should not be loose on the public highway. ie kept in a controlled manor.

Can't see that happening but uselful to know in hindsite.

Anybody got any parts?

Shandy
29-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Sorry to hear about the spill.

I might have spare second hand standard mirrors and a set of new grips, ill check when i get home and let you know. You can have em for the cost of postage if your interested there only gathering dust in the garage.

Shandy

tch911
20-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Anybody got any bits they want to flog? I've got grips, bar end plugs...

tch911
20-09-2006, 05:01 PM
That's as in the bits I need at the beginning of the thread!

Stuart42
21-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Hi

sorry to hear of spill,still does go to prove that Korean's have the right idea about dogs.
If you do decide to respray tank then I know a good guy in London who does bike respray's.

Cheers
Stuart

tch911
21-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Hi

sorry to hear of spill,still does go to prove that Korean's have the right idea about dogs.
If you do decide to respray tank then I know a good guy in London who does bike respray's.

Cheers
Stuart

Could be very interested as I think it's going to be cheaper to respray my seat cowl and windscreen than replace them. Ducati charge an f-in fortune!

Stuart42
23-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Hi

sorry for not getting back sooner.

His name is Rob and his number is 0777 0951842

He's based up by the Heathrow somewhere, he's just moved and I can't remember where.

As I say he's always done me a top job and is bike mad so is always keen to help.

Cheers
Stuart

pounder
30-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Sorry to hear about the mishap! They're delicate little things these monsters - hence the spare parts I've got. :grump:

Got standard mirrors - £10 plus postage??? 07789277515 (alastair)

tch911
09-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Sorry to hear about the mishap! They're delicate little things these monsters - hence the spare parts I've got. :grump:

Got standard mirrors - £10 plus postage??? 07789277515 (alastair)

Are they the textured matte finish on the back of the mirrors or smooth, almost shiny finish?