PDA

View Full Version : Service in the South East

outlaw7
23-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Hi,

I am looking for a 12k service in the South East. I really don't want to take it to Pro Twins or CMW in Chichester, as I don't feel confident with either.

I am lookin for what we all want: a quality service at a reasonable price.

Anybody know of any good ones?

cheers
Ben

crust
23-08-2006, 09:55 PM
This guy seems to get good reviews from eveyone who uses him, post copied from DSC site.

"I just want to put in a good word for a new independant in surrey. I have just had the bike serviced by MDRacing in Ewell It is a small concern run by Mike Dawson (formally DLS). Very meticulous and knowledgable. Well worth a call if you are not worried about your pride and joy being cossetted by a non franchised outlet.
he offers ; Trackday care, bike preparation, engine rebuilds, dyno setup, suspension tuning, and performance parts.
I was very happy with his service and approach , gets my money in the future.
Call Mike ; 07783 024248
E-mail; mikedawson@orange.net"

:)Crust

JMo
23-08-2006, 11:01 PM
I believe there is a new Ducati mechanic at P&H in Crawley too, although I must say I stopped taking my bike there for servicing a while ago now...

Interesting you don't feel confident with ProTwins?! - they are reknowned for their servicing and bike set-up, even if the sales side can be a bit sniffy sometimes...

Personally I'd recommend either ProTwins (certainly as they are closest to you), or Moto Rapido in Winchester, who are another bunch who really know their onions... I've used both the past couple of years and have had no complaints...

Neither are the cheapest, but they do a good job... yew decide!

xxx

psychlist
24-08-2006, 05:58 AM
WMSnell in Alton, by the train station. Family run Ducati dealer in the heart of the countryside with a warm welcome and fantastic biking roads all around! Straight across the A272 and up the A32 for you sir :D

CK & AK
24-08-2006, 06:43 AM
we'll 2nd Snells, great business - been there for ever - good reputation.

Otherwise, for 'non-dealer' but good service, then Mike Dawson as recco'd by Crust is your man:)

MilesB
24-08-2006, 07:50 AM
I agree that Pro-Twins know their stuff, bur be prepared for open wallet surgery afterwards.

outlaw7
24-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the suggestions people, has anyone used Sigma before?

http://www.sigmaperformance.com/ :scratch:

They look pretty good.
B

psychlist
24-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the suggestions people, has anyone used Sigma before?

http://www.sigmaperformance.com/ :scratch:

They look pretty good.
B

I know as many people that swear by them as swear at them :pedro:

Manda
24-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Just had my S4R 13500 mile service done at Protwins, bloody good, £538 poorer but worth it. They are known for being called pocket hoovers!