PDA

View Full Version : S4 Fuelling Problem ?????

br1an
23-08-2006, 06:33 PM
I have a problem with my 2001 Ducati S4.

If I'm riding it around town quite quickly then there's no problem, the bike feels normal, fast and responsive, but as soon as I get it out on the open road and I open it right up it feels like there's not enough fuel coming through. This seems to happen from 7000 revs upwards.

I haven't tried a fuel additive yet as I've heard that they can cause more trouble disturbing particles in the fuel lines.

I have tried fitting my standard ecu and this makes no difference at all to race one which is usually on the bike. The only thing I can think off is the throttle position thingymagig might be playing up.

If anyone has had a similiar experience or ideas on this I would be most pleased to here from you.

Cheers

Bry...:scratch:

Scotty
23-08-2006, 06:45 PM
i had some crap in the fuel lines once , looked like a circle of ptfe or sumit

Bodybag
23-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Check you haven't trapped a fuel line if you've lifted the tank for anyreason. the two small pipes coming out the bottom are breather pipes and trap easily. Have you had it serviced recently? If so was the fuel filter/pump thing replaced? Might be worth checking to see if it needs doing. Its inside the tank so make sure you've emptied the tank before you start. :mand: