PDA

View Full Version : Memory Jogger

gjfevans
22-08-2006, 07:53 PM
I was in my dimly lit shed last night with my bike on it's side stand removing the footrest hangers. Two bolts to go on the left side and the bike fell on me:Furious: It was at this point that I distinctly remember Bodybag telling me how he had fount out that said bolt also attaches the side stand.
Funny how a bang on the head can jog your memory:chuckle:

MotoNik
22-08-2006, 08:43 PM
D'oh! Funnily enough, I was doing the same on Emily's bike the other day. I slackened off the bolts and happened to notice the bike shift a bit on the sidestand. Fortunately at this point the paddock stand instinct kicked in, and carnage was averted!

I hope the bump on the head is easing!

cheers,

Nik

Emily
22-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Hahahahaha!

Sorry to extract some amusement out of your misfortune but that really made me chuckle loads. Thanks for that :D

Emily

gjfevans
22-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Hahahahaha!

Sorry to extract some amusement out of your misfortune but that really made me chuckle loads. Thanks for that :D

Emily
Happy to bring some humour into your life:chuckle:

Mrs Soup
23-08-2006, 12:24 PM
This is a very common occurrence.

The other half did it on my old 600, and I have heard of someone who's done it twice !

Chaos Inc.
23-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Be glad it was in your shed. The way I found out was with my bike up on our workshop bench. Said technicians kept mum while watching me replacing my footrest hangar for the first time. Yep, down comes monster, chaos and all; from a meter off the ground! Ouch, but I did interpose my body to save the bike. They laughed ... until they wanted some clothing and accesories arranged for themselves.

Bodybag
23-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Funny old thing that, seems to be a recurring problem with Monster owners. The TWO magazine project monster did exactly the same to its owner and was reported on in the last issue. :mand:

outlaw7
23-08-2006, 09:31 PM
I was in my dimly lit shed last night with my bike on it's side stand removing the footrest hangers. Two bolts to go on the left side and the bike fell on me:Furious: It was at this point that I distinctly remember Bodybag telling me how he had fount out that said bolt also attaches the side stand.
Funny how a bang on the head can jog your memory:chuckle:

Sorry gifevans, It is appreciated! :spin: