PDA

View Full Version : IOW..the PLAN

BoozyBOB
21-08-2006, 04:03 PM
ok folks.. this Sunday.. 27th Aug will be the IOW tour IV
i have discount vouchers, had a word with Wight Mouse for lunch so...

Meet at West Wellow Services (Ower Services) at the roundabout A3090 and A36 just 2-3 miles south of Romsey
10am for 10:15 ride out..
then ride to Lymington for first available ferry to Yarmouth..
a leasurly ride to The Wight Mouse for lunch...
after lunch there will be a ride for a beach side ice-cream..

then we will go with the flow untill Ferry time home and Pedro will lead a rapid ride back to Ower..

If there are folks wanting to join but are a fair distance away i have 2 vacant rooms and you could arrive Saturday and have an easier start in the morning... PM me if interested

singletrack
22-08-2006, 08:43 AM
See you at Ower, Bob:mand:

It still looks as though Andy, my hubby, will be there too (barring any mishaps with our offspring!)

adpips
24-08-2006, 10:01 AM
I don't know how familiar you all are with Ower to Lymington. My parents live in Ower and i live in Lymington so ride it quite often.

Beware the following:
On the way out of Lyndhurst on the 30mph one-way system often mobile camera in van, has clocked people at 34mph and dished out points.:thumbsdown:

Through Brockenhurst outside College again 30mph limit same mobile camera.:thumbsdown:

Out of Brockenhurst 800m past Filly Inn fixed camera 40mph limit, this is sometimes turned round to catch both way's.:thumbsdown:

Hope this helps shame i can't join you. have a great ride.

BoozyBOB
26-08-2006, 06:05 PM
weather forcast is looking not to bad.. dull threat of some showers ... so as long as it is not tipping it down i will be at the meet point..:bunny:
can i remind you ALL ..please fill up at the meet point this year.. as you my detour to get the petrol station sent us the wrong way...:rolleyes: not my fault honest

PeteD
26-08-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm looking forward to this, heading over from Dorchester, and will aim to get to the services in plenty of time. I'll be the one on the filthy red 750...

Pedro
26-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Just looked at the forecast and it's looking ok so bring your ice cream money Bobby!!

Ped

BoozyBOB
27-08-2006, 07:06 AM
:bunny: :bunny: suns up....i'm off to OWER..:spin: :thumbsup:

MJV
28-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Really good to meet up with some of you yesterday, bet it was a good day, i'll have to organise myself better next time and spend the whole day out.

singletrack
28-08-2006, 01:41 PM
You missed a lovely day out MJV.

Bob even managed to order some great weather for us, and we only got lost a couple of times :D

Thanks Bob:drunk:

Mand
28-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Thank you Boozy for organising a brilliant day which turned out to be a lovely weekend away for Alex and I.

It was good to see some old faces and of course meeting some new ones too.

I took a couple of photos, nothing too exciting, the usual monsters in a row and of course Sleeping Beauty himself. :chuckle:

Pedro
28-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Cheers Bob, another fine day out!

Ped

Mand
28-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Can we do it again next year? Can we? Can we?

PeteD
28-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Back in Northampton. Nearly 600 miles this weekend and my arse feels like it was 6000...

Again thanks to Bob for organising a top day out, and to everyone for making me feel welcome.

Pete

Mand
28-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Back in Northampton. Nearly 600 miles this weekend and my arse feels like it was 6000...

I know the feeling, I think I will be investing in a gel seat. :chuckle:

Pedro
28-08-2006, 08:12 PM
I know the feeling, I think I will be investing in a gel seat. :chuckle:

You'll be needing a gel seat after the "my foot, your ar*e" interface that's heading your direction after the ice cream picture!!!:nash: :nash:

:chuckle: