PDA

View Full Version : RIDE magazine

Bodybag
15-08-2006, 10:15 PM
I haven't bought RIDE Before (I don't think) but near the back is a section on staff project bikes. John Milbank (The Art Director, obviously) is doing a Monster S4. Anybody know about this one and, could you let me know which issue he started it in, as I'd be interested to get the back issues and follow what he's doing before I take a hammer and blowtorch to Beelzebub (not for any reason other than out of frustration that he's still off the road!)

Thanks.

Phil

Darry
15-08-2006, 10:55 PM
I think the first issue it was in had a section on the best fuels to use, y'know Unleaded, Super Unleaded, Premium Unleaded... Funny thing though, they didn't rate diesel to highly, Weird? Must be the price or something like that. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Hope that helps.

Darry.
Ps. Okay for beers tomorrow night.

Bodybag
16-08-2006, 07:07 PM
You're not even a little bit funny!!

Darry
17-08-2006, 01:00 AM
Oh... Yes I am! :D

Red
17-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Will check any issues that I can find as John has been subscribing to this mag for at least a year and will get back to you asap Sorry to hear that your bike is still off the road it must be very frustrating :hissy:

Melnie Mouse
18-08-2006, 08:07 AM
i get the ride mags too, so i'll have a look for you :) been quite a good project

Red
18-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi Phil the Project bikes (S4) started in the July edition so that is 3 mags so far with Septembers issue. if your over this way at the weekend have a look or pick them up or are you going to Hayleys leaving doooo? Could bring them too!:biggrin:

Bodybag
18-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Hello,

Yes I'll be going to Hayleys leaving do. Could you bring them with you? I'll order back issues once I know which one's I want.

Thanks. :mand:

Red
20-08-2006, 10:48 PM
No Problamo See you there:D

NuTTs
21-08-2006, 09:27 AM
I used to be a RiDE subscriber but the quality of the magazine has slipped during the past few years.. also the magazines used to arrive nearly a month late (I live in Spain).

I must say I miss their kit reviews/tests.

Essfour
07-02-2007, 04:28 PM
I used to be a RiDE subscriber but the quality of the magazine has slipped during the past few years.. also the magazines used to arrive nearly a month late (I live in Spain).

I must say I miss their kit reviews/tests.

Have a look at the magazine now. It's changed a hell of a lot since Steve Rose became the editor (the previous editor nearly killed it), and has loads on buying bikes, kit testing – everything. It's fun again, which most of the other mags aren't these days. Still, I would say that as I'm the Art Director with a Monster.

Trust me though, it's definitely worth abother look.

slob
07-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Funny thing though, they didn't rate diesel to highly, Weird?
Can't think why not, the French love it...
http://ukmonster.co.uk/photopost/data/500/medium/startwin.jpg

Darry
08-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Jeez, this is an old post...

For those that don't know, Phil (bodybag) went to the Petrol station and used the black pump! :fou: Booom went the bike in a cloud of grey smoke! :flamed:

dlloyduk
08-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Have a look at the magazine now. It's changed a hell of a lot since Steve Rose became the editor (the previous editor nearly killed it), and has loads on buying bikes, kit testing – everything. It's fun again, which most of the other mags aren't these days. Still, I would say that as I'm the Art Director with a Monster.

You get paid overtime for that?

Must agree I do like the Mag.

Bodybag
08-02-2007, 05:40 PM

I'd agree with that. I started a subscription again recently cos its much better than it used to be.

And Darry, "Am I bovvered?!"

Darry
08-02-2007, 06:19 PM
I'd agree with that. I started a subscription again recently cos its much better than it used to be.

And Darry, "Am I bovvered?!"

You look bovvered... Looooooseeeer! :D