PDA

View Full Version : Cadwell this Mon.&Tue.

slob
15-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Anyone travelling up on Sunday afternoon from the London area?
Anyone have space on a trailer, or van in exchange for splitting the fuel costs?
Anyone heard from Marchesini? I can't get hold of him.

Tonio600
15-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Unfortunately can't help you Rob, but glad to see you there :)

slob
15-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately can't help you Rob, but glad to see you there :)
I look forward to it.

CK & AK
16-08-2006, 07:08 AM
sorry Slob but we will have 3 bikes crammed into the van already.

look forwards to seeing you there tho mate:cool:

C:)

slob
17-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Guess I'm riding up on my tod then.

CK & AK
17-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Slob, pop over to the DSC site - PhilC is also riding up - from Twickers I think on his 996, he was asking for company/lift.

Just got 3 of our bikes in, and will be hard pressed to get all the riding gear & other clothes in now, but my excuse is we are leaving Sat am, and going via elsewhere before arriving at cadwell late Sun afternoon;)

edited to add linky to his thread:

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/showthread.php?t=34881

slob
18-08-2006, 04:40 AM
Thanks C, but PhilC's going Monday morning... eek!
Have a good weekend (happy birthday Dr. AK) and see you both there Sunday evening.

bigredduke
18-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Are spectators welcome? Any details on times etc?

slob
18-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Yes all welcome, I believe The track sessions run from 9am to about 5:45pm Mon+Tue.
Check out the trackday forum on the DSC site.

Gilps
18-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Both days are DSC memebers only. Monday is Ducatis only and Tuesday is Ducatis plus any other crap. I'm just going up for the Monday so see you there hopefully, suitably dressed in your latest summer wear I hope!

slob
18-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Both days are DSC memebers only. Monday is Ducatis only and Tuesday is Ducatis plus any other crap. I'm just going up for the Monday so see you there hopefully, suitably dressed in your latest summer wear I hope!
But no restrictions on spectators I believe.

Gilps
18-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Yes Slob you are right. After reading my reply I realised it looked like I meant DSC members only, full stop, but that's not the case. It's DSC on track only. Sorry for any confusion.

slob
18-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Cya there mate.

CK & AK
18-08-2006, 09:25 PM

sign on from 7.30 with briefing at 8.30 each day. First lot on track at 9 (fast group) each group having 15 mins for 1st session, then 20 mins thereafter.
Lunch 1 - 2 ish.

Pop over & say 'hi' to us at some point - white van, white roofed gazebo with orange sides (shouldnt miss it then!) and 2 race bikes in purple & orange #36 & #39, and my red M1000 road bike (but if the weather is good, then I might well go out for a road blatt rather than go on track this year).

<ding> if local, maybe you might tow a fellow monsterer round for a local spin? (I do know some of the roads - ta Pooh) but not all.

Wont get to read any more on the site now till Weds when we get back, as off for AK's birthday treat tomorrow morning;)

C:D

Jim66a
21-08-2006, 05:22 PM
I called in at Cadwell this afternoon, Just caught the last 3 sessions. It didn't look as well attended as the UKMOC track day but there was certainly plenty there.
I can never remember names or numbers so didn't say hello to anyone just had a mooch about and a coffee from the bar.
I was almost tempted to see if there were any places left for the eve sessions but those rain clouds looked a bit close and I did get wet on the way home. I Didn't even stop off for a coffee at Willingham woods!!

Gilps
22-08-2006, 01:41 PM
I couldn't tell you how many actually turned up but it was certainly well attended. The weather was Ok really. It rained first thing but had stopped by the time the first group went out. The track dried quickly and the rain stayed away for the whole day, and the evening session too. Cadwell seems to have its own little micro-climate. They looked set for a great day weather-wise this morning when I left.
It was my first real event with the DSC group and I am pleased to say that they are just as welcoming and pleasant as the UKMOC.
Cadwell was fun if a little far to travel. Hopefully someone will have got piccies of me airborne over the mountain. That is one scary hill. I'm seriously addicted to the Ducati track day thing. Next stop, Malllory next year. Bring it on.

Zimbo
23-08-2006, 08:31 AM
I've just got back from two days at Cadwell, and it was just great!!!
Weather was generally good, a shower Mon morning first thing but it had dried by mid morning and remained dry till we left, Tuesday was fairly sunny and warm. the event was very well attended, with most groups running full or nearly full, and the Hog roast on Mon evening was delicious!
track time was plenty, we were all starting to fade a bit by Tue evening and had had about enough, thoroughly enjoyed it though! Got some instruction from TP and as a result was able to hurl the DD bike into corners such as Charlies 1 and the gooseneck far faster than i ever would have before, without bothering to use the brakes at all, interesting but very satisfying! I still need to be quicker, but the one session I was timed on Monica the 583 monster I was going round in 1.59, as a comparison when I raced there in March my best was 2.04, so have knocked five seconds off, which I'm pleased about!
It was nice to see Gilps up and enjoying himself, and Slob worked hard and managed to improve to an impressive 2.02 by Tuesday PM, well done!
Very well worth attending I thought, well organised and well run by No Limits and the CSS instructors, it really couldn't have been much better!
A bit of on bike footage here from Wilf of Moto rapido, 3mb.

http://www.motorapido.co.uk/dsccadwell/wilf_cadwell.wmv

psychlist
23-08-2006, 09:13 AM
...but the one session I was timed on Monica the 583 monster I was going round in 1.59, as a comparison when I raced there in March my best was 2.04, so have knocked five seconds off, which I'm pleased about!

Monica knows her way round Cadders alright :mand:
Glad you enjoyed it, shame I couldn't get the time off work to be there too :banghead:

MrsJel
23-08-2006, 11:57 AM
Going to Cadwell THIS monday & tuesday. Monday to see how the BSB guys do it and Tuesday to do it myself.

Carole

slob
23-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks Zimbo... that was the best two days I can remember... EVER!

Tonio600
23-08-2006, 02:25 PM
best trackday ever for me as well :)
Except Assen, but that's different.

How to base a relationship on a good quiche...:D

slob
23-08-2006, 03:13 PM
How to base a relationship on a good quiche...:D
...not just good "THE WORLD'S BEST!"

CK & AK
23-08-2006, 04:46 PM
as Tonio says, it was the best crack we've had (except for Assen).

Slob, do you think you can get a smaller tent mate? :D - you makes me larf seeing you get in it :D oh, and those leathers darlink - positively 'un-slob-like' - but v v smart:cool:

See most of you at Snett on the 2/3rd Sept, we are aiming to be there by Fri night for a :booze: in the bar

C

Zimbo
23-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Monica knows her way round Cadders alright :mand:

She certainly seems to, she loved it and didn't give me a single moment's worry! I managed to cut across the gooseneck on the grass a couple of times early on, my fault through not concentrating and getting my approach completely wrong, but once I got my lines sorted out there was no stopping her! Muttley had a go on her for a couple of sessions and came back with a huge grin on his face as well!

Zimbo
23-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Thanks Zimbo... that was the best two days I can remember... EVER!

I was really impressed at your progress Rob, 2.02 is a very good time, well done! If you keep that up you'll be ready for DD next season, no question!

Zimbo
23-08-2006, 06:01 PM
...not just good "THE WORLD'S BEST!"

. . . seconded :mand:

Gilps
23-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Muttley had a go on her for a couple of sessions and came back with a huge grin on his face as well!
I know. He caught me napping at Charlie's and mugged me. I couldn't believe it. A 583 going past me. I got him back coming out of Barn and never looked back. There's no contest. BHP will always win over ability and talent.:rolleyes:

CK & AK
23-08-2006, 07:14 PM
you should have tried the fast group Gilps, you'd have had more 583's passing you :p

:D

Zimbo
23-08-2006, 07:44 PM
BHP will always win over ability and talent.:rolleyes:

I look forward to testing that theory out :mand: :mand: :mand: I know I've been left standing in the past by better riders on far less powerful machines, and if you'd care to try yourself on any bike you choose against a handy rider on a 125 race bike on almost any UK circuit you'll see just what I mean!

Gilps
23-08-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm staying in the novice group for ever. There's something satisfying about passing 74X's and 99X's being ridden gingerly by careful owners worried about bending them.

Gilps
23-08-2006, 07:53 PM
I look forward to testing that theory out :mand: :mand: :mand: I know I've been left standing in the past by better riders on far less powerful machines, and if you'd care to try yourself on any bike you choose against a handy rider on a 125 race bike on almost any UK circuit you'll see just what I mean!
I know you're right. But on a long straight, like the one after Barn I could catch and pass Muttley, and even Slob, who definitley had more cornering ability than me. It's not fair really, but thats life. Hee hee. I'm sure in a race though I wouldn't have been able to make up enough speed on the one straight to match the time they made up on all the corners.

slob
24-08-2006, 04:11 PM
... oh, and those leathers darlink - positively 'un-slob-like' - but v v smart:cool:

Sssssshhhhhh! don't tell Albie, I'll never hear the end of it.

CK & AK
24-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Sssssshhhhhh! don't tell Albie, I'll never hear the end of it.

nor will you! :D

slob
24-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Pics of day1-fast just gone up now.