PDA

View Full Version : Cush Rubbers - Help?

madhatter
15-08-2006, 12:56 PM
I've still got the problem with Rebels 750 where the steel tubes running up the centre of the rubber cushes fall out into the wheel, and rattle around. It sounds like the rubbers have worn and need replacing, so I am seeing about ordering some new ones.

However, in the meantime, as a temporay repair, has anyone used a metal to rubber adhesive to put the steel tubes back into the rubber? They are still a fairly tight push fit, but obviously the "on and off torque" just knocks them back out again. We have the Wozwolf Bike Rally at Newark in two weeks and I won't get time to do the complete replacement until we get back.

Guys.....any ideas or past experience please?????? :confused:

katana
16-08-2006, 02:06 AM
The fix won't last for long I THINK, as with a slight bit of motion it'll break the glue.

Well how many are their as my 600 seemed to only have one metal tube but cant hear any rattling.

claicerrig
16-08-2006, 11:35 AM
We use BOSTICK `C` contact adhesive to stick rubber sheet to Aluminium and also to steel frames as a gasket.

These are subjected to a lot of lateral load and also very rapid heating and cooling (With the Expansion / Contaction of the metal ) that the process requires .

They seem to go a long time between changes

Another Glue type solution would be to use somehing like "LOCTITE BEARING FIT which is a glue used to assist in helping fix securly loose bearings in there houseings

Hope this is helpfull

Clai

madhatter
16-08-2006, 11:50 AM
We use BOSTICK `C` contact adhesive to stick rubber sheet to Aluminium and also to steel frames as a gasket....Another Glue type solution would be to use something like "LOCTITE BEARING FIT... Clai

Now that sounds like the sort of thing I need. :thumbsup: As I said, it's only a temporary solution to last a few more runs-out to the next couple of Bike Rallies, then I can get the wheel out and have them all replaced properly.

Any idea where I can buy the above adhesives comercially? Focus? Halfords etc?:scratch:

claicerrig
16-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Pm me your address and i will send you some if you cant get any :chuckle:

But if you do require some i will need the locktight bearing fit back as its about £200 a small bottle

madhatter
16-08-2006, 06:31 PM
PM me your address and I will send you some locktight bearing fit, but need it back as its about £200 a small bottle

I have PM'd you mate, many thanks.:thumbsup:

MH. :cool: