PDA

View Full Version : Comfort seat

Sparky
11-08-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm thinking of getting one of those gel/comfort seats now that they have been reduced to just very expensive. I'm one of those vertically challenged chaps so I can only get me toes down with the standard seat. Does the gel seat help me or make thing worse?

It'd be really great to get me balls on the floor:eek:

Lizard_King
11-08-2006, 06:01 PM
I got the DP Touring Seat for a trip round France. Mixed bag, to be honest m8...the seats very comfy for sure but its slightly wider (but, yes, slightly lower) than the standard one so not sure it'll help with, ahem, specific issue :)

My main issue with it was the overallsize of the seat. I'm not a stocky chap and when I opened the throttle i'd find myself sliding back in the seat for what felt like a good foot before my backside met the passenger seat. For that reason alone i've now gone back to my standard seat but will continue to use it for touring.

Hope that helps in some way :)

Darry
11-08-2006, 06:01 PM
I'm thinking of getting one of those gel/comfort seats now that they have been reduced to just very expensive. I'm one of those vertically challenged chaps so I can only get me toes down with the standard seat. Does the gel seat help me or make thing worse?

It'd be really great to get me balls on the floor:eek:

I got one and its seems to be a bit lower than the standard seat. A Damn site more comfortable to.

D.

Sparky
12-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the replies. My main concern was that it is no higher so I think I might get one.

Chris

gary tompkins
12-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Ducati do sell a lowered seat for the later bikes - supposed to reduce height by 20mm. No idea of price compared to GEL seat but you could ring a dealer to get a quote and make sure it fit's your bike?

http://www.ducati.com/shop/product.jsp?_DARGS=/shop/details/ddd_boxproduct.jsp.1_A&_DAV=/shop/category.jsp%3Fcatsearch%3Dcat970160&prodid=prod800173&catsearch=cat970160

Sparky
13-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Gary I had already asked my local dealer and they said that there was no lower seat but I'll look into it some more.

Thanks,

Chris

singletrack
13-08-2006, 08:26 PM
They DO do a lowered seat Sparky, cos I got one for my S2r. It's 20mm lower than standard, and makes just enough difference for my little legs ricky .

If I remember rightly it cost £79.

fatbloke
13-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Gary I had already asked my local dealer and they said that there was no lower seat but I'll look into it some more.

Thanks,

Chris
As Anne says they do have a lower seat your dealer is wrong

CK & AK
13-08-2006, 08:50 PM
They DO do a lowered seat Sparky, cos I got one for my S2r. It's 20mm lower than standard, and makes just enough difference for my little legs ricky .

If I remember rightly it cost £79.

they certainly do still do them:)

Sparky
14-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Once again thanks for the replies i've printed a copy of the ducati.com web page to help jog my dealers memory. Only trouble is now I want a lowered gel seat arrrrrgh.

Why is it that no one ever does exactly what you want, or is just me?

Chris

adstone
17-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Once again thanks for the replies i've printed a copy of the ducati.com web page to help jog my dealers memory. Only trouble is now I want a lowered gel seat arrrrrgh.

Why is it that no one ever does exactly what you want, or is just me?

Chris

Hi Chris,
Let me know if you get a lowered gel seat. I'm a short arse too...;)

Andy

Chaos Inc.
17-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Just posted under for sale. Have received 2 more seats.