PDA

View Full Version : Specials builders

emily's driver
11-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Not sure if this might interest any of you budding specials builders out there but I have a brand new carbon fibre "Febur" nose cone for sale, still boxed and unused which I bought in Italy direct from them. It features the inlayed light section with a perspex cover that covers the two headlights when fitted. To my knowledge it will fit pre 05 bikes (749 or 999) as the later bikes have a slightly wider front end. I paid over £200 for it but will accept an offer of £160. If anyone is interested I will post up a picture or two of it. With some modification it could doubtless be made to fit a Monster.

slob
11-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Not sure if this might interest any of you budding specials builders out there but I have a brand new carbon fibre "Febur" nose cone for sale, still boxed and unused which I bought in Italy direct from them. It features the inlayed light section with a perspex cover that covers the two headlights when fitted. To my knowledge it will fit pre 05 bikes (749 or 999) as the later bikes have a slightly wider front end. I paid over £200 for it but will accept an offer of £160. If anyone is interested I will post up a picture or two of it. With some modification it could doubtless be made to fit a Monster.
oh go on, post a photo. eBay and Natty are bankrupting me so why stop there....

benson
11-08-2006, 05:52 PM
So proud Slob - I knew my obsession with being in debt would rub off soon enough - wot ya got then ???

I think you should buy the thingy from Rod anyway!!!!!:p

slob
11-08-2006, 06:12 PM
So proud Slob - I knew my obsession with being in debt would rub off soon enough - wot ya got then ???

So far:
DP pipes, filter & airbox
Ohlins Shock
S4 forks
S4 Ride height adjuster
RSV Mille calipers
996 floating discs
Radial M/Cyl
S&P rearsets
DP clipons
DP mirrors
DP indicators
Red S2R tank
Red Mudguard

looks like a Yank geek's signature, don't it

benson
11-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Post some pics!!! You have to!!! Floating discs - how cool is that then - where didyou get them afterall??

slob
11-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Post some pics!!! You have to!!! Floating discs - how cool is that then - where didyou get them afterall??
eBay, last night(stupidly cheap).... once they arrive and I get 'em fitted I will.
Only recieved the calipers yesterday, still waiting for Rizoma resevoir, then I'll need some goodridge, figured no point in fitting a 19x18 m/cyl with only a single disc.
forgot the tail-chop & STM crankcase breather.
oh and the only piece of (fake) CF is on the tax disc holder
I'm still a PC3, paint job, about 280cc and a dry-clutch behind you.

benson
11-08-2006, 09:08 PM
tres tres bon!!! Really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh!!!

gary tompkins
11-08-2006, 11:48 PM
So far:
Ohlins Shock
S4 forks
S4 Ride height adjuster
RSV Mille calipers
996 floating discs
Radial M/Cyl
S&P rearsets
DP clipons
DP mirrors
DP indicators
Red S2R tank
Red Mudguard

Wouldn't it have been easier to buy an S4R?

Oh hang on... I forgot that (like me) you don't do plumbing :biggrin:

Tonio600
11-08-2006, 11:55 PM
So far:
Ohlins Shock
S4 forks
S4 Ride height adjuster
RSV Mille calipers
996 floating discs
Radial M/Cyl
S&P rearsets
DP clipons
DP mirrors
DP indicators
Red S2R tank
Red Mudguard

so you're building a race bike Rob aren't you? :)

slob
12-08-2006, 05:26 AM
so you're building a race bike Rob aren't you? :)
With mirrors and indicators?!

Not this year Tonio, this is just my beloved 620(but all the custom bits will fit a 900/1000ie)
Plus the S4 forks would be a no-no for DD

I wish I could get it all together in time for the close of the speciale challenge, however with machines like AK's, Marchesini's & GT's trike in there, I think mine'll always be an 'also ran'.

I haven't seen Marchesini's bike in the DUK gallery yet!
...and what about Phat Phranc Rachel?!

slob
12-08-2006, 08:08 AM
...and what about Phat Phranc Rachel?!
oh, and Kylie, and StuartG's and MrC's etc. etc. C'mon chaps and chapettes!

Paranoid Dave
12-08-2006, 01:44 PM
i'm not bothering with this challenge thing, i guess its the best modded competition thingy innit? Kylie is part back to standard now and she was never that good, justa few nice bits that made her different. When you get bikes like Al and marchesini there aint much point saying 'look i fitted this...' so i'll stay out of it all. I'm sure JMo will be in it though with her polished parts.

benson
12-08-2006, 07:02 PM
:D :D :D And I don't think I'd inflict a public viewing of my polished parts....

But Mr Slob - the bike sounds fab - I'll have to come on over and have a look at it (with an ulterior motive of my rear light and your soldering iron!!!)
:o :o

emily's driver
12-08-2006, 09:57 PM
oh go on, post a photo. eBay and Natty are bankrupting me so why stop there....

OK Slob I will do. Hopefully it might spark some interest. Bit disillusioned with my monster if I am honest. Maybe I don't really know what I want from a bike but right now it does not quite fit the bill for me. Riding position, crap aerodynamics and a sense that I should be on more familiar ground, plus the temptation of the poorly disguised new 1200 superbike all serve to lure me back to more familiar territory. Don't know what I want. There you go. Call me fickle if you like but I need something to inspire me not just tickle my fancy. The S4RS is a basically a good bike but at anything above moderate speeds it still falls into the realms of a brick on an open road. Ten years of riding sportsbikes is a hard act to turn your back on and whilst the monster fills a niche when it comes to town riding and slow speed skullduggery it doesn't quite cut it when you want to get a wiggle on out on the open road. That's purely my own very subjective personal view. It's a pity that there isn't a bike that can fill the void between full on riding and dawdling through town. As ever it's a compromise and one which I ultimately will choose to take if the wraps come off the much awaited new machine in November in Milan and I like what i see .

gary tompkins
12-08-2006, 11:00 PM
I wish I could get it all together in time for the close of the speciale challenge, however with machines like AK's, Marchesini's & GT's trike in there, I think mine'll always be an 'also ran'.

Hmmm... I had a good look at the gallery tonight and it seems like some owners definition of speciale is "lets see how many stickers I can squeeze on my bog stock 748, 916 ,996's etc.. bodywork" :rolleyes:

I say go for it Slob - we need a few more club bikes in the frame

Dare you to leave the elastoplast on the Donnington re-styled tank :biggrin:

slob
13-08-2006, 12:18 AM
It occured to me today I've not seen a superbike with a desmodue engine, rather than the other way round. How bout a 998 or 999 with a 1000DS motor? that'd be like a budget Bimota DB5, if you could find all the bits.

Paranoid Dave
13-08-2006, 08:19 AM
is this a big competition then? can't help but think it'll be won by a tosser with more money tan they know what to do with who's given the bike to a shop for the last year to tinker with and only has a few miles on the clock.

If a real machine wins it i'll eat my ducati hat. I'm staying well clear.

benson
13-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Oh PD - ever the cynic - not sure that's what Ducati are looking for - I think they want a bike that's loved and personalised rather than just given to someone else to trick up...

Paranoid Dave
13-08-2006, 06:30 PM
I aint no fool, sucker.

benson
14-08-2006, 08:12 AM
No - you is no fool suckah but Mistah T says go for it! :ymca:

Paranoid Dave
14-08-2006, 02:27 PM
sorry, i'll be too busy making headlight units and fitting my new rearsets :D

benson
14-08-2006, 02:39 PM
hoorah!!! Glad that Mila is keeping you busy!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Paranoid Dave
15-08-2006, 01:57 PM
and strapped for cash too. Just made some nice headlight brackets from ali today, and some other brackets that fit the new lights. Need to clean them up and then get them positioned so i can measure up for the screen. Had some trouble wiring them but have taken advice, yet to try it out though.
too much to do and too little time

Dave G
15-08-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm really interested on how you get on here Dave.
I've got a similar task to do on mine,bought the lights and a race nosecone a while ago but have had no time to do anything with them.
Seems to me to be a straightforward thing,I was planning to make formers out of carboard to get the fittings right and then cut it all out of alloy sheet.
What thickness of metal did you use and did you just get it from B&Q or the like,I'll also need to cut elliptical holes for my lights,not sure how to get that one right yet as I only have one shot at it.