PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Meet at Box Hill Sunday,13th August

Didge
11-08-2006, 07:59 AM
Hi all, this Sunday is the Surrey/Sussex monthly meet at Box Hill.
Meet up about 10.30. Then a ride out to lunch.
Unfortunatly, the weather prediction is for rain on the weekend. Why, oh why, does it always bloody rain on the Sundays we want to meet up?
I thought the weather people said it was going to be hot and dry in August.
If it's raining, I'm not coming out to play.

Manda
11-08-2006, 09:58 AM
I cant come out to play Sunday, got me mate from Hampshire coming down for the weekend, and it always rains when she comes down here!
I pick my beast up from Protwins tomorrow mornin and hand them £534 of me hard earned money for a 13500 mile service, cant wait to see what she feels like, no different i suppose?!

Melnie Mouse
11-08-2006, 10:56 AM
what pub you going to? got somethin on first thing, but can meet you when i'm done for lunch perhaps?

Tonio600
12-08-2006, 04:52 PM
I'll be there if it's not raining.

JMo
12-08-2006, 06:33 PM
I agree - the last 3 months the second Sunday has been p!ssing down... grrrrrrrr...

It's glorious down here in Brighton today - you wonder how can two consecutive days be so different?! (Maybe Manda's mate wants to stay home so it stays sunny? x)

Mel - if the weather's nice and we're out, then we'll be going to the Cricketers at Duncton (on the A285) for lunch... hope you get this message, and see you there...

JennyMo

xxx

SazzaG
12-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Forecast still looks dodgy, but I feel confident!

Rog picked up his new hooligan toy today - KTM 525 with supermoto wheels - and I can ride it! Hehehe. I don't think the S4 will be coming out in the near future.

Hopefully see you all tomorrow.

Saz

JMo
12-08-2006, 10:14 PM
So he got the little wheels afterall then... heh heh... x

I'm not getting out of bed tomorrow if it's raining, but that doesn't stop anyone else making their own way there of course... I'll check the weather and post in Sussex tomorrow morning...

xxx

JMo
13-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by JMo
Ah yes, the monthly meet at Box Hill, with ride-out to pub in Sussex for lunch... let's see if rain stops play for the 3rd month in succession?!

Sorry, but it has for me... It's meant to be a fun ride and I refuse to start out in the rain, especially in August... hope the weather is better where you are, but I doubt it...

Hope to see you all sometime...

xxx

Didge
13-08-2006, 07:30 AM
Same here JMo. I'm not going out in this crap. Summer's nearly over, and here we are suffering yet another wet Sunday, and as you say, in bloody August as well.:grump:

Tonio600
13-08-2006, 07:56 AM
going back to bed...

Rogerg
13-08-2006, 08:18 AM
oh c ock,

no hooning in orange today then.

fingers crossed for the IOW trip then.