PDA

View Full Version : 1st ride today!

iandavidcassidy
10-08-2006, 10:02 PM
first ride today on my 620ie. bought it off a guy on this forum. dukiwi.
can't wipe the smile off my face. never felt accelleartion like it. i know that its not the fastest bike, but it's my first big bike!

got a few questions...

when i went around a corner, my feet would scrape on the floor. sure this could be dangerous, it this common, or do i just need to get used to it.

also. when i pulled the clutch in and costed. the bike seems really noisy (like a quiet scraping sound) it this normal?

cheers
guys and girls!

NattyBoy
10-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Nice to hear your having fun bud !! I know that bike !

Unless your riding like a loon - I would suggest that you just need to make a conscious effort to tuck your feet in !

Scraping noise i'm curious about...could be one of many things...? Warped discs, a duff bearing ?

Nat

iandavidcassidy
10-08-2006, 10:08 PM
i think i may be over reacting about the scraping noise? may get it looked into... wow you know my bike! i think its a peach, only 4k miles and ex cond. really chuffed with it.

Pedro
10-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Do you have very large feet? :chuckle:

Try as Natty says, tuck your feet in or maybe put the ball of your foot on the footrest rather than your instep

Ped

Shandy
10-08-2006, 10:21 PM
You can't beat that grin factor a monster brings :biggrin: :biggrin:

As they said tuck or adjust your foot position when cornering, it scared the ****e out of me the first time i did it :eek: you'll soon get used to it.

Not sure on the scraping noise, mine make lots of noises which i've learnt to ignor as i get over paranoid about everything!!

Shandy

grillphil
11-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Check the condition of your chain & sprockets together with the chain tension. you may find the chain rubbing in the nylon pads fitted top & bottom of the swinging arm, or they could be missing.

My rear disc makes a nasty noise, but I ignor it as it performs fine.