PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Monster 750 1998 R

zxebeast
10-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Being an ignorant t:cens:er I didnt know how much love and care one has to put on a beautiful ducati monster. And servicing that is. I bought her a couple of weeks ago so I could enjoy a cool and careless ride this summer. It turns out she needs a good taking care of and I aint have the time or the patience at the moment with a job relocation to watford and two weeks away on holidays in september.

Two recognised problems with her is she's a pain to start and seems to consume quite a bit of fuel. Probably needs a new battery. Last recorded service 2001.

13k miles on the clock.

Carbon mudgards and seat cowl.

Chromed exhaust tubes.

Rear tyre, sprocket and chain recently changed.

Silver colour.

Very good state of forks and frame, never been dropped or crashed.

It has got HPI certficate and been datagged.

Shows usual signs of age, wear and rust on some parts of the engine and some nuts and bolts that can be easily replaced, but overall condition is good.

The bike seems mechanically good and it just needs a proper service to sort it out.

If the bike should go it will be now cause when I have paid for the service myself I will not want to sell her! :D

Being an 750 it has plenty of grunt, so if anybody is looking for a serious bargain make me an offer around £1650 and I will consider the prospect of not having something such good looking in my back garden (That is very little money for a great bike).

PM me for details/viewing, I'm in Reading.

Otherwise I will be very happy to keep her :)

Peace:yoparty: