PDA

View Full Version : Monsters the next Dinosaurs ?

adpips
09-08-2006, 10:27 PM
I was at Poole Quay last night. It was probably the most bikes i have seen there, both arena's full to bursting with Jap bikes , Germans, British, American and i even saw 3 (whats their names from Eastern Europe). But how many monsters did i see 5 ? 7? no 1 !!! 1 other monster (I think it was Vadar's). Does anyone know about sales figures, are we facing extinction??

Adam

sidrat
09-08-2006, 10:33 PM
good, some exclusivity at last!!!!

BoozyBOB
09-08-2006, 10:41 PM
i was at Alton.. bumped in to john...( i think..sorry its my age)..on his now louder S2 he parked next to a S4r and a 900 i have never seen it was as old as Pedro's with a neet under engine zaust.. then i think it was singletrack on her S2 and i even carded a bloke on an S4r that he picked up on Saturday....
so there are some out there...

NuTTs
10-08-2006, 06:40 AM
It seems to be the exact opposite here in Spain.. Monster sales are booming and at every bike meet or DOC beer/dinner night on thursdays there seem to be more and more!

benson
10-08-2006, 07:49 AM
When I went to great bentley lat night there were at least a dozen monsters - :flamed:

Hoping to get to Poole Quay in the next couple of weeks so I will increase numbers!!!!!

singletrack
10-08-2006, 08:33 AM
i was at Alton.. bumped in to john...( i think..sorry its my age)..on his now louder S2 he parked next to a S4r and a 900 i have never seen it was as old as Pedro's with a neet under engine zaust.. then i think it was singletrack on her S2 and i even carded a bloke on an S4r that he picked up on Saturday....
so there are some out there...

Yes I was there Bob - saw a nice S4R and 900 - didn't see you though!
It was busy!

Pugi
10-08-2006, 11:32 AM
and i even saw 3 (whats their names from Eastern Europe).

Ural?
The ones that often come with sidecarts. Actually reverse engineered BMWs for wartime. 60 y/o model now.

adpips
10-08-2006, 11:50 AM
I think there was one ural. (Saw one at Motor Cycle world last month doing tricks and stuff). Other three i saw were MZ arn't they eastern europe?

Adam

Pugi
10-08-2006, 02:06 PM
I think there was one ural. (Saw one at Motor Cycle world last month doing tricks and stuff). Other three i saw were MZ arn't they eastern europe?

"The MZ Motorrad- und Zweiradwerk GmbH, known simply as MZ is one of the oldest motorcycle manufacturer. Since 1922 the German MZ has produced motorcycles continuously and sold them into almost every country in the world. The products ranged from scooters, funbikes and sidecars to 125cc’s, enduro and tour bikes and the 1000cc model range. MZ sells 50% of its production in Germany, the other half is exported."

Source: http://www.motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/2005_Bikes/mz.html

adpips
10-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Impressive knowledge base Pugi. (with a little help):biggrin: I suppose East Germany is sort of Eastern Europe?
Didn't that guy ride one around Poland and other countries in "riding Eastern Euorpe" on TV? Looked a bit MV brutale ish to a novice like me.

Pugi
10-08-2006, 09:43 PM
East Germany is (was) certainly Eastern Europe. I remember going there as a child and it was a no nonsense operation. Almost got shot because i got bored with waiting at the boarder crossing and decided to climb a piece of fence to entertain myself. My poor mother almost had a heart attack. :rolleyes:

Dunno the show or the fella you're refering to, but this does indeed look a bit 'MV Brutale ish':
http://www.motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/2005_Bikes/mz_1000sf.html

lord vader
10-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Weren't me Adam, took this week off been for the last couple. in fact last week was able to get out side the thistle it was so quite!
i'm away next week as well so it better be crap weather or i'll be grumpy!

Vader

rxtim
11-08-2006, 07:24 AM
Mine was there early.

Lizard_King
11-08-2006, 12:22 PM
...and i'll be there in 2 weeks time (bike's going in to get de-catted and fit power commander) so we could even reach 3/4 Monsters! To be honest, considering i live in Poole i've been pretty slack at Tuesday nights on the Quay recently. Sounds like i need to pull my finger out and 'reprazent' a little more :)

I like the exclusivity though, makes me feel special (at least thats what the missus keeps calling me!) ;)

benson
11-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Hey - Daaaaavvvvvvvvvviiiiiiddddddddd! Great avatar!!! Hope to see you there one night soon!!!