PDA

View Full Version : Noooo,Say it's Not True

Stuart42
08-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Since buying my Monster and joining the club I've got the bug to race in the DesmoDue series,mainly thanks to Zimbo's reports and pics.

I've been looking for a cheap bike to race and have just seen on the DSC someone mention they can't race due to holding a National Licence?

Please say that ain't true coz if it is thats me out too :(

Cheers
stuart

slob
08-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Since buying my Monster and joining the club I've got the bug to race in the DesmoDue series,mainly thanks to Zimbo's reports and pics.

I've been looking for a cheap bike to race and have just seen on the DSC someone mention they can't race due to holding a National Licence?

Please say that ain't true coz if it is thats me out too :(

Cheers
stuart
Check with the DSC Stuart.
The series was concieved so members could take the next step beyond trackdays. Ruling out experienced racers, however a number of DD racers now have a full license following a season and a half racing. Others have previous experience, following a few years out of the game etc. so all is not necessarily lost.

Stuart42
08-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Thanks for that I'll drop em a line.

Cheers
Stuart

Zimbo
08-08-2006, 05:07 PM
I suspect you may find they'll allow you to race in the 620 class, which has a few fairly experienced riders, but perhaps not the 583 class, which they've tended to keep novice friendly. 2007 entry criteria haven't been announced yet, best check with the DSC!