PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Aylesbury

sadbiker
04-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Any one had dealings with the sales side.

What have people found, what are they like as dealers go?

Supposed to be picking up a S2R1000 tommorrow to replace the one I wrote off. Unfortunetly "Alfie" made a mistake with reg and age, seems he qoted me using details for a demo which is registered but not yet on road by mistake.

Difference is reg in April rather than July. But is still coming with 1st service carried out, difference in tax from what he quoted and he has even offered to extend the Warranty the extra few months to make up for it.

At least he is phoning up to say.

Do you think its a gen mistake and I should still go with it, with what sweeteners he throws in to pacify me.

There are not many 2nd hand S2R1000's around yet and don't want to loose the nice weather even if I will now ride like a complete pansi.....

Gilps
04-08-2006, 02:33 PM
That's where I got my bike from. I did the deal with them over the phone and they gave me a couple of hundred quid off. They bought my Triumph off me at the same time over the phone without seeing it, I gave them a couple of thousand quid off:D

They were OK with me. Friendly enough but seemed not bothered either way whether I bought from them or not. Their after sales though is a different story. I found them to be rude and unhelpful and as a result will not deal with them again. sad really when their sales guys did an OK job and the service reception guy can cost them money in future sales. Also my 600 mile service was carried out by Pegasus in Reading who discovered my engine was shagged. I ended up with new pistons and barrels due to lack of compression. It had been like it from the day I picked it up so either Ducati's QC is cr@p or the person who put 12 miles on the clock before handing it over to me ragged the sh1t out of it. The guy I spoke to at Ducati seemed to think it was the latter.
This thread may help you make you mind up.
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=13374
I don't think a couple of months will make much difference though and it looks like they are trying to sort it out.

Chappers
04-08-2006, 03:42 PM
When I rang them up to see what deal they'd do for me on a new S2R800 I spoke to a guy there called George.

He wasn't prepared to knock anything off the price, said there's no such thing as a free service as no Ducati dealer was allowed to offer that and his general attitude was take it or leave it.

Therefore I went to JHP Coventry and got a real good deal. Give Mark Bolton a ring on 0247 633 5300 and tell him Chappers recommended them.

Orfink69
04-08-2006, 07:22 PM
If you use the search thingy you may be lucky, or unlucky enough to find my last post on Aylesbury following my 600 mile service.
I must agree with just about everything said so far. Not that bothered if you buy from them or not and the after sales service is IMO very poor.
Since that experience my bike has being lovingly looked after by Ducati Wolverhampton including the fitment of the Termi system over the winter. Quite glad actually. Had major problems with the S4R starting from when I picked it up. Only when Ducati Wolves had it in did they find the butterflies weren't set up properly.... Aylesbury had PDI'd and serviced it :mad:
Personally I would shop around. I've heard some very good reports about Riders, JHP and Ducati Leeds...... or you could call Tony at Ducati Wolves.

LAURENT
05-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Service side is just terrible !!! Rude, and bad quality .
I will not buy something from them even at a good price.

benson
06-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Bought my M900ie off them four eyars ago but never went back for anything onther than the first "free service" - they're a bucket shop in my opinion - lots of bikes and sometimes too many so they do really good proces but I'd shop around - nothing beats a personal recommendation about where to buy - Chappers seems well pleased with hers....

Chappers
06-08-2006, 05:33 PM
I'd only buy from JHP Coventry or Wolverhampton as they both offered a great deal and as for customer service JHP are spot on and I've heard Wolves are just as good :thumbsup:

sadbiker
07-08-2006, 07:45 AM
Well everyone, thanks for the information,

To give people an idea of what I have to play with, I am able to get a bike put on my policy basically as long as I had a bike on Saturday, otherwise it will be void as my S2R was a total loss, I am looking at £600 for my next renewal. Plus I don't want another new one as I need to keep my spending in check.

So here go's.

JHP Coventry, spoke to Mark and he offered a very good deal on a new one. No second hand ones yet. Basically a recommendation from Chappers has very good sway here. So anyone thinking of a new one give Mark a ring. My problem is I can't wait to long and Mark will not have any ready till September. But my impressions were great place to deal with, Thanks for the info Chappers.

Ducati Wolverhampton, Had a 3 month old 272 mile Red and White S2R1000.
Decided to go there first thing Saturday Morning and have a look at it. Because of this web have doubts about Aylesbury, But will go onto Aylesbury afterwards. Found the shop to be Ducati heaven (Cors words), Tony wasn't around but Bob showed me the bike. To be honest it looks as if it has been stored. Battery wasn't connected so could check mileage fully but it looked like a bike with 272 miles and dust. Story is this and the one at Aylesbury were part of a fleet which were over in Isle of Man for a group of Americans. They were then sold onto the dealer network for Demo use. Felt the atmosphere at Wolverhampton was very friendly, if anyone wants a nearly new S2R1000 then I would leg it quick I don't think you will be disappointed.

Ducati Aylesbury. We carried onto Aylesbury to have a look at this one. I decided to spend an hour just moseying around when we got there, no sign of the bike so must be round the back. Got chatting to a few people, they gave a better impression of the dealer than I have heard so far so to be honest it balanced out the negativity a bit in my mind. I then went and found Alex and he got the bike out. Yep it looked like a bike with 500 miles on clock. A couple of the fasteners had the slight tell tale signs of being stood outside, (rear axle nut and brake banjo's). But it looked as good as the one from Wolverhampton. Basically Alex was apologetic about getting the Initial Regestration and Age wrong and showed me on the computer how. Fair enough, but I still put the annoyed customer across, which got another £100 knocked off the price. This included Datatagged, 500 mile service (I may get the belts rechecked to be on safe side). And full 2 year Warranty as the 1st owner slip had never been sent off. Unlike other manufacturers it is not on the date of first regestration but on date of sale.

So Guys I know what you have said and I have taken all into account and would like to thank you all. I won't be using them for any future service as Riders or Luigi Motors are local for me. I am taking a risk but found that out 3weeks ago when I was thrown off my first bike and it was written off. After seeing the bike plus it was all ready for me to take it I felt it was my best and quickest option.

The bike is now in my garage and a bit of elbow grease and polish has brought up the fasteners back to A1 condition. I rode it back from Aylesbury, still sore on my shoulder and ankles but made it home ok.

Next step is getting my money back from the Insurance.

Gilps
07-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Nice one Pel. I'm glad you got sorted in the end and that you're back on two wheels. You just need to take it steady now for a while. See you around.

sadbiker
07-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Gilps, My right hand bends are completely to cop, I have the sensation that the rear wheel is letting go.

It's going to take a while to get confidence in my self, let alone in the bike.

But it has the Bridgestone 014's as standard, very good tyres.

benson
07-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Glad you're with bike again - always difficult after an off to get back on and ride off but it's thebest medicine IMO. Happy riding and great to hear you still have a monster!

Chappers
07-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Saw Mark today as myself and Bladerunner took his S4 up there for set-up. He said you had rang and said it was a shame that he didn't have a second hand one in stock as he could of done you a great deal.

Glad to hear you have got one now but do please be very wary of On Yer Barrow on the servicing side of things and also according to Markus their after sales/customer service is naff.

Take it easy.

sadbiker
07-08-2006, 05:20 PM
I know, but my difficulty seems not to be the riding but staying on.
I thought I had done all my falling off in my younger days when riding round Huddersfield and Manchester.

It is making me think hell of a lot about riding and whether to continue. I am finding it hurts more the older I get and takes longer to heal. It does bring it all home that riding a bike isn't indestructable and only needs that one thing to happen. On the way back between Old Sodbury and Chipping Sodbury a road with the same type of surface dressing was in a sorry state with signs saying tempory surface and warning of being slippery. So the roads are still out there "SO BE CAREFUL" I don't want anyone else having the same type of accident.

Chappers, cheers for that, hopefully I shouldn't have to use their after sales service, but if so COR is very good at writing nice letters all LEGAL like, may even have nicely headed paper as well, she has some funny letters after her name.

But no I can't see anything wrong with bike, I can tell the difference between my nicely run in one and one with only 500 miles, It needs a bit more running in yet. But its great to be back on 2 wheels, only 3 weeks after my accident.

farl
09-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Open Day this Sunday 13th. They've got Leon Haslam and deals on kit....

www.onyerbike.net/openday2007.pdf

markus
10-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Basically a recommendation from Chappers has very good sway here.

HA Ha I know why:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Glad to hear you have got one now but do please be very wary of On Yer Barrow on the servicing side of things and also according to Markus their after sales/customer service is naff.

Yep they suck! (and rude), although when i had my clocks changed they were a bit better (must be a few new staff - but i did have to make two pointless journeys there to get it sorted before going back a third time to get the things fitted)

Glad your up and running Sadbiker - take it easy mate

yellowfever
10-05-2007, 08:13 AM
I have tried most of the dealers in SE (even been to Brighton for servicing in effort to find a decent one - I'm London based) at one point or another and have to add to this post if only to agree that onyerbike are rubbish - comfortably the worst and that's a pretty high standard in rubbish. Will not go there for anything. Had my M600 serviced there and they were appalling - won't bore you with details - so did not take S2R for test ride with them as I'd arranged, went to Ron Parkinson's instead who were far better and offered me a good deal so I bought from them and they do my servicing too. Stick with the smaller dealers - in my experience they actually give a damn....

markus
10-05-2007, 09:02 AM
For servicing and general helpfulness i can't recomend Dave Woods Racing in aylesbury more - genuingly nice, MORE than reasonable prices (soo much cheaper than you'd think), top notch service and really make ya feel at home...in short they rock!

katana
10-05-2007, 10:52 AM
You do know that the staff there have changed.

DavidEJM
10-05-2007, 11:54 AM
All of this is a bit of a bind as I had intended to use Aylesbury for servicing.

When I was looking there I must say I found the sales team to be somewhat unprofessional. Almost forgot to take my number and even though they eventually did, they never phoned me to see if I was interested in a test ride. Now, no-one likes a pushy salesman (person) but some commitment to the process would indicate that a deal could be done. They just gave the impression that they couldn't be bothered. I bought my bike elsewhere in the end.

Any good recommendations for a servicing outfit close enough to the south side of Oxford? There are plenty of local firms 'Zoom' an dthe like that are getting good reputations locally but I want to make sure they know what to look out for with the specifics of a Ducati.

katana
16-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Seriously go back and have a chat with the service people.

They won't bite and usually are friendly and helpful.

fatbloke
16-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Any good recommendations for a servicing outfit close enough to the south side of Oxford? There are plenty of local firms 'Zoom' an dthe like that are getting good reputations locally but I want to make sure they know what to look out for with the specifics of a Ducati.

Try Dave Wood
He's done loads of Ducati's including mine and many other UKMOC members.
DWR
Aylesbury
Bucks
01296 336750
www.davewoodracing.com

gary tompkins
17-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Seriously go back and have a chat with the service people.

They won't bite and usually are friendly and helpful.

I think you'll have a hard job convicing people now. A case of once bitten twice shy and I can speak from personal (expensive) OYB experience.

DWR at Aylesbury also get's my vote

Top customer service, good prices and quality of work

Combatxe2
16-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Just to add to this little rant about Ducati Aylesbury. phoned them 2 weeks ago to ask about hypermotard had a good chat with a salesman there. took my details and said he'd phone when they are in so i can get a demo.

Sure enough he phones me 2 days ago to say they are in and im booked to have a demo. set off this morning from milton keynes to aylesbury in the rain, i ride all year so no issue with the weather.

arrive at ducati aylesbury find said sales man, all ready for a blast on this machine, only to be told they dont allow there bikes out in the rain and there is a £25 fee to test ride the bike only refundable if you sign a deal up with them.

now to me thats really pants, no mention in the phone calls that they do not allow "wet test rides" also not one word about the £25 fee for test ride.

am i just being a spoilt kid here but not allowing you out in the rain is a bit crap isnt it??????.

Scotty
16-06-2007, 08:09 PM
is it true that everyone at dwr is called dave ?

crust
16-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Give Motorapido a ring and ask about a test ride

I've seen Wilf hand over the key to a few bikes and never a mention of a fee.

He let my mate ride the 1098 in the wet the first day they had it in.

They are total Ducati enthusiasts who will go the extra mile for you.

:) Crust

David Matthews
16-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Just to add to this little rant about Ducati Aylesbury. phoned them 2 weeks ago to ask about hypermotard had a good chat with a salesman there. took my details and said he'd phone when they are in so i can get a dem

arrive at ducati aylesbury find said sales man, all ready for a blast on this machine, only to be told they dont allow there bikes out in the rain and there is a £25 fee to test ride the bike only refundable if you sign a deal up with them.

now to me thats really pants, no mention in the phone calls that they do not allow "wet test rides" also not one word about the £25 fee for test ride.

am i just being a spoilt kid here but not allowing you out in the rain is a bit crap isnt it??????.

I called in at Ducati Aylesbury the other day and was surprised to see the £25 fee for a test ride. They also have a £1000 excess in the case of an accident.

A mate of mine booked a test ride with 3Cross Motorcycles last year, I went along and was just going to wait around while he was out. They actually came over and offered for me to go along on their S2R demonstrator.

When my bike was recently in for service they provided a bike to go for a spin while I waited. A bit different from Aylesbury Ducati

Combatxe2
16-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Cheers guys ill try 3cross and Motorapido a try maybe they will be a bit more user friendly.

Mark

damon
17-06-2007, 12:32 AM
i feel this post is a little pointless as ive already heard all the bad parts about Ducati Aylesbury but i have to say my bit.

i bought my bike off them and i LOVE IT,,,,always have and always will,,,,,,,,but alfie bless him tried to make sure everything went smoothly but i cant say it worked.

They try 'just enough', no more no less and that quite frankly gets on my t!ts,,,,,,,enough said i think!

The Kevlar Kid
17-06-2007, 12:43 PM
I've only used them for parts (I buy all my bikes private / used and do all my own mechanical work) but I've always found them really helpful - both on the parts side and the service side have been helpful for advice as well.

The people in the clothing side are dead helpful too - got my last set of leathers and some other bits from there too.

bike-bloke
25-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Depends who you listen to, but generally the news is not good (poor customer service typical of larger profit oriented set-up). I have also heard that they are up for sale which does not appear to be a good sign. I have to say I have not used them myself for this reason, and would suggest you stick to a smaller local dealer where the level of service is likely to be better.

katana
25-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Depends who you listen to, but generally the news is not good (poor customer service typical of larger profit oriented set-up). I have also heard that they are up for sale which does not appear to be a good sign. I have to say I have not used them myself for this reason, and would suggest you stick to a smaller local dealer where the level of service is likely to be better.

Excellent any more rubbish to spread?

Well how come I've used them for parts and service advice and found them to be really helpful. Not noticed the £25 thing but maybe they just don't charge me as I go in there and use them and don't just go along for a test ride for no other reason than a test ride.

scrumpster
25-06-2007, 01:01 PM
I bought my bike from there but don't use them as they aren't local, but they were great when I picked my bike up. The only prob I've had since was the fact that they hadn't registered my breakdown cover when I needed it last week, but a phone call to them and it was sorted - I had to phone France to get my bike recovered in the UK - weird but Jean in Lyons was great!!

simonw
26-06-2007, 03:27 PM
25 quid is probably less than cost and should be refunded against purchase of the bike !