PDA

View Full Version : For the Benefit of Mr Didge...

MilesB
01-08-2006, 10:39 AM
OK - 1st Sunday of the Month coming up, again...
(Is it me, or do they seem to be coming 'thick & fast' at the mo?)

Oakdene Cafe, 10am onwards - Breakfast.

So, for the benefit of certain Grumpy old men :didge: http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=18644
who's gonna be there, apart from me?
(No Susan - she's mucking about in boats again).

Miles

Manda
01-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Oh why does everything come at once! Ive got the world super bikes at Brands on Sunday to go and watch Toseland win, and theres the Streetfighters day at Ace which was wicked last year, loadsa burnouts, rubber flying everywhere, until the plod turned up, and NOW you want to meet at Oakdene! I want to do all of it! Oh and the bike goes in for a service this Saturday for a week at Protwins (pocket hoovers)

MilesB
01-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Oh and the bike goes in for a service this Saturday for a week at Protwins (pocket hoovers)
Hehe - not heard that phrase before, but it is very apt. They do a good job, and I think it is money well spent... BUT at the moment I can't afford them.

Don't worry about not coming -it's not compulsory. I seem to remember that both Gully and Albie will be going to Brands for WSB, so keep an eye out for them ;)

Miles

Albie
02-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Well you may be on your own at this rate.:o I and Caroline and Gully and aha Manda are all going to WSB to watch madmen go round in big circles.:yoparty: Bob is going on a run too somewhere near Brixton I think.:eyepopping:

MilesB
02-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Well you may be on your own at this rate.:o
Quality NOT quantity :biggrin:

GULLY
02-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi Guys
sorry but i am at brands on sunday

see you soon
gully:biggrin:

scrapps
03-08-2006, 12:52 PM
Hi all i am going to streetfigthers:nash: so no oak for me:worried:

alan c
03-08-2006, 01:19 PM
at brands also on sunday

gary tompkins
03-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Not sure I can make it now - forgot we have a 40th birthday party to attend at mid-day. Might try to make the big DSC meet at Popham airfield later in the month though ;)

CK & AK
03-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Gary, the Popham 'do' unfortunately has collided with the DSC trackday. (the Popham event is organised by the airfield owner, and the DSC fit in) and dates were set for both back in the winter :(
Most of the active trackdaying DSC'ers will be heading north during the Sun afternoon for the 2 dayer at Cadwell starting on the Monday.
I have heard that the 888 owners are trying to make this a meet for them, and that there will be some DSC members there, but not anywhere near the numbers that there have been in the last 3 or 4 years or so.

Snells will be at Popham tho, and D1ck at the airfield is still confident that there will still be a large number of other bikes as usual there tho:) - the marquees are booked by various clubs again :cool: just be a few less DSC'ers than normal tho.

Next year, there is to be more diary planning, and then we can go back to camping for the w/end at Popham:D

gary tompkins
03-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the tip off CK.

May wait to see how many other UKMOCers are up for it first.

If it's a drastically smaller do this year may give it a miss?

Albie
03-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Gary, the Popham 'do' unfortunately has collided with the DSC trackday. (the Popham event is organised by the airfield owner, and the DSC fit in) and dates were set for both back in the winter :(
Most of the active trackdaying DSC'ers will be heading north during the Sun afternoon for the 2 dayer at Cadwell starting on the Monday.
I have heard that the 888 owners are trying to make this a meet for them, and that there will be some DSC members there, but not anywhere near the numbers that there have been in the last 3 or 4 years or so.

Snells will be at Popham tho, and D1ck at the airfield is still confident that there will still be a large number of other bikes as usual there tho:) - the marquees are booked by various clubs again :cool: just be a few less DSC'ers than normal tho.

Next year, there is to be more diary planning, and then we can go back to camping for the w/end at Popham:D
I cant make popham as wil be in tenerife for 2 weeks. Looking at a 748 at weekend. oooohh ermmmmm.:spin: :spin:

MilesB
05-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Quality NOT quantity :biggrin:
There being such a thing as 'too much quality' ;) :biggrin: I will probably do my own thing and head off into the wide blue yonder :spin:
"Go West young man..."

So no complaints if you turn up and no-one else is there :twak: .

Lady-Bob
05-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Change of plan for me.

Me, Strumpet and Bumble will be at Oakdene for brekkie. :biggrin:

nik_the_brief
05-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Was going to come, to pay my subs for paintballing and to hand over that Twinki to Bob but sadly my Monnie's off the road (til Tuesday) awaiting a new Pirelli Diablo for the front.

PM me your address please Bob and I'll post you a cheque (and will bring the long promised Twinki when I know I'll next see ya!).

Gadget
05-08-2006, 09:46 PM
I can't, I will be at work. Shoving PC's under desks.:(

I will be there next month as I will be on me holidays.:cool: