PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Bike Show 19th Aug - CLUB STAND BIKES WANTED

Duncan
30-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Its that time of year again and Saturday 19th August is fast approaching.

For anyone who hasnt been the show is a free to enter street show and is well run, relaxed and fun and all in the middle of a beautiful city with loads to see and do. Thousands of bikes there too!!

We have a club stand and it would be as good to make it as succesful as previous years when we have picked up Best Stand, Best Bike, Best Paint, Best Lessies etc etc..

But we need you!
Whether your bikes standard, new, old, ratty, tidy, pretty, ugly, customised, or just amazing we need to put a stand together. Previous years we have had over 30 bikes turn up and this year needs to be as special.

So whos up for it?

JR
30-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Just to add to Duncans posting, if anyone needs/wants free overnight accommodation as an incentive to attend, i have some rooms free (no beds, so bring your own) in a country bungalow situated 20 mins ride from Bristol. Secure parking for about 8 cars, so no problem for bikes. Large garden for anyone prefering to rough it in their own tent.

sadbiker
31-07-2006, 05:57 AM
Dunc, If we are around that Saturday will try to come.....

You never know I may even still have a bike..........

Zimbo
31-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Should make this one as usual, duncan!

Duncan
31-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Thanks you guys and theres a great offer JR. Theres also an after show party at Cribbs Causeway with a live band etc if anyone wants to party.

JMo
01-08-2006, 08:23 AM
I've also just mentioned it in the Sussex Newswire Dunc.

The green machine will be there of course, and so will Julie on the 'rat bike' (perhaps with a few more Midlanders in tow?) and I know RobHT is planning on coming, as I imagine will Saz and Rog...

Looking forward to it!

xxx

SazzaG
01-08-2006, 08:32 AM
I'll be there, with the sparkle machine. Rog can't make it, as he's still standing in fields, pointing his finger at people dressed in white...

Let's hope the weather's as good as last year.

Saz

TORTUGA
02-08-2006, 06:30 AM
I will be there, I have posted it on the DSC and Ducatisti sites so may get some more attenders. I have suggested a ride in from Easton In Gordano Services on the M5. Its about 10 miles from the city center so should be good. I will post times in next couple of weeks.

Duncan
02-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Rich

In the past most of those attending have come over from the East or the North and you might find Easton in Gordano is no good for them.

Please bear in mind the show timings. We need the majority of bikes in by 9.30am - 10am at the absolute latest. Some years hen its too busy the show gets sealed off before noon and then your bikes wont get in at all. Also if we are in Corn St then it can become busy later on and take forever to get around.

NattyBoy
02-08-2006, 04:33 PM
immm freeeeeeee...

CK & AK
02-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Duncan, I really regret that we cant come this year, but Alan has a rather special birthday that day;) with a suprise which I booked for him back in February.
We then have to go on up country on the Sunday to Cadwell for the Ducati 2 day trackday on the Monday & Tuesday.

Hope its a good'n this year mate

C:)

Stafford
02-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Well I hope to be there, she's only an S4 but I love her.
Cheers
Q

TORTUGA
03-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Point taken Duncan, maybe I will do another Temple Meads meet as whilst it was a short ride it is easy to find and we can be in for 0930. I have never done this meet as an entry. I have always turned up for a walk around later in the day so it will be interesting. I should have the new clutch put in in the next couple of weeks, so the bike should be sweet by then.

TORTUGA
17-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Do we need to register or anything as individuals or do we just turn up for this? Does anyone know where we will be positioned yet? Weather is looking 50/50. Hopefully wont put to many off.:drunk:

Julie
18-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Sorry Duncan

I'm afraid due to family illness i can not commit to being on the bike this weekend and going to Bristol.

I hope you all have a great time tho.

Fingers crossed for the best stand prize this year.

x

JMo
18-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Sorry, but as the whole weekend looks like a washout, I'm not going either - 400 miles in the rain ain't no idea of fun, sorry...

xxx

gtvlusso
18-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi,
I am a Bristol based biker looking to build a Monster Cafe Racer, see the mods and so on forum! I am happy to come down, but I only have a red and black Yoshi Gixer!!

sadbiker
19-08-2006, 08:47 AM
come on where are you all. there are only 8 of us here. come on get your bikes here.
wall to wall sunshine. we are parked up by fez club.

sadbiker
19-08-2006, 12:06 PM
well so far its turned into a nice day.

11. ducatis 5 monsters in this lot.

loads of others here

Duncan
19-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Wow what a scorcher, wall to wall sunshine and not a drop of rain.

Good local turn out and even Paul from North Devon.

Congratulations to Richard Gabriel for winning Best Roadster with his 999S.

Hard luck to Andy with the Bevel Hailwood rep who took a tumble entering the show and damaged his bike. The collection bucket yielded £3.52 and a Budweiser top so should be able to afford a fairing screw!!!

sadbiker
19-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Just got back, Ta Dunc for organising the Stand, shame not as many monsters as usual, but the weather reports were horrible and we all know what its like to travel distance in the pouring rain and then to have to ride back.

Luckily the day turned out quite dry and sunny, well for those of us at Bristol. Loads of nice bikes around and very busy, we enjoyed our day until the end where it was marred by marshals running over to us, when myself and Cor decided to leave at 15:45. We were asked to push our bikes out, and did get one bloke getting a bit obnoxious standing in front of my bike and saying you won't be going anwhere with the engine on. Just what I needed with my leg and shoulder still in a bit of pain since my accident. Well monster club to rescue and they pushed me till I could free wheel it. Cheers lads...

I would suggest this needs to be sorted out with MAG and Bristol Council if another event is to be done on these same lines. With no engine who can hear us coming by... Plus up to that point I hadn't noticed any bikes going by with the engines switched off. Our personal feeling is we wouldn't bother going again if this is to be the attitude again, it started with a snipe at the Monster Club at the start of the day when we arrived.

NattyBoy
20-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Just got back, Ta Dunc for organising the Stand, shame not as many monsters as usual, but the weather reports were horrible and we all know what its like to travel distance in the pouring rain and then to have to ride back.

Luckily the day turned out quite dry and sunny, well for those of us at Bristol. Loads of nice bikes around and very busy, we enjoyed our day until the end where it was marred by marshals running over to us, when myself and Cor decided to leave at 15:45. We were asked to push our bikes out, and did get one bloke getting a bit obnoxious standing in front of my bike and saying you won't be going anwhere with the engine on. Just what I needed with my leg and shoulder still in a bit of pain since my accident. Well monster club to rescue and they pushed me till I could free wheel it. Cheers lads...

I would suggest this needs to be sorted out with MAG and Bristol Council if another event is to be done on these same lines. With no engine who can hear us coming by... Plus up to that point I hadn't noticed any bikes going by with the engines switched off. Our personal feeling is we wouldn't bother going again if this is to be the attitude again, it started with a snipe at the Monster Club at the start of the day when we arrived.

We had exactly the same when Jacko and I left...the guy literally ran out and made my mate get off his bike - I told him to swivel ! Wasnt a tall bloke with sahdes was it ? Felt like punhcing him and I just wonder if it was the same hardly ablesome riding chump who jumped out in front of Andy and made him come of his MH900...

Nat

COR
20-08-2006, 09:34 AM
yes it was - twat! pel was arguing with him as, as you probably know, he's still got a sore foot and shoulder from when he came off the other week. the prat wasn't having any of it. relucantly pel agreed to paddle his bike. thank you andy for helping pel though the idiot had his hand firmly on pel's rear seat cover which angered me - i don't think pel knew! some stupid woman was also trying to give me a hand pushing the rear of mine which I was having none of as having come off many moons ago and broke left leg in three places i'm not too sure footed on my left and am anxious of losing it and dropping my pride and joy. i grabed and handful of break and told her to let go and **** off! she let go but then carried on following with one finger on the back of my bike - what idots. some blokes walking along made jokes that they wouldn't buy ducatis as they don't work! and an old granny wandered out in front of me as she couldn't hear us coming! so much for their argument for public safety! sorry dunc and the rest of the club. i didn't want to cause problems for the club but what i really wanted to do was deck the pair of them! i'm afraid after that i don't think i'll bother again. i'm sure they don't want us there anyway having near normal bikes and not custom harley type and patches! all the way home i was reminding myself to check the rear of our bikes for scratches and then i was cut up on a roundabout by some stupid bimbo in the left turning right. i was convinced i was going to hit her. you should see the patterns on my front tyre! not happy!

Julie
20-08-2006, 05:48 PM
They did the same last year as well Some of these 'one day marshalls' are such little hitlers. Give them a tiny amount of power and they become obbessed! The marshalls at the ACE cafe are the same.

Duncan
20-08-2006, 07:20 PM
I shall be writing to the organisers later reminding them that without the exhibitors there is no show.

For us to be blamed for them not being allowed to use the lanes this year was a lie, an insult and slur on the club and its members. Fact is every year we are in early and cause no problems whereas late arrivals like the Valkyries are a problem. Its also not safe to push bikes up those stone slabs, they will get dropped and no marshalls going to help.

I understand they have instructions, risk assesments etc and have to satisfy the council. This, more than likely is why we cant use the lanes due to fire regs and minimum clearances for emergency services.

Its definitely not due to noise...... The Italian auto show earlier this year in the same place actively encouraged ALL exhibitors to start their engines at Noon and 2pm and make NOISE....

sadbiker
23-08-2006, 04:58 PM
I have added photo of the day into a gallery on the forum.

Hopefully when they are Oked the following link should workMonster Club at

http://ukmonster.co.uk/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=550