PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Can Work, If Your Lucky..!!

masterofthemoon
30-07-2006, 04:23 PM
T hought i'd share this story with you to show that genuine bargains can be had. I have been looking for a minter S4R for a while now and with cash to burn (£5200 max) have been scouring all the ads etc. Looking on ebay saw a black 1994 S4R with 6000 miles 1 owner , full DSH, previous ducati wolverhampton demo bike. The bid was at £4000 with 2 days to run and strangely there was no reserve, so i thought 'what the heck and put in a max bid of £4900 and waited, I was absolutely stunned to win the bike for £4200 and thought this was too good to be true and the seller would run and hide..!!...turns out his mate had forgot to post a reserve and despite my offer to deal with him for £4700 he kept to his word and let me have the bike for £4200..!!..daylight robbery..!!..this guy was an assolute gent and kept to his word, what integrity and honesty.. i can't thank him enough..the bike is A1 and beautiful and i now have £1000 to spend on goodies for it..how lucky was that..!

Ruth
30-07-2006, 04:31 PM
1994 S4R? Really?

Must have been a one-off! :mand:

Paranoid Dave
30-07-2006, 05:15 PM
I too am in love with ebay today, i just love it when people advertise things badly. I was after projector headlights and knowing what i was after i stumbled upon these during a pyramid plastic search. The fool didn't even use the words lighs or headlights so all previous searches failed to find them and so i assume did lots of bidders. It sat on £30 all week as opening bid, for a mint unit that retails at £190 or pyramid sell just the bulbs for £65 a pair. :D :D :D
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190012160293&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:UK:12

Oh thefun i'm going to have with them.

squiffything
31-07-2006, 06:30 AM
I have to agree. My light unit a streetfighter twin headlight unit with intergrated winkers brand new and never been fitted to a bike all of £10 plus a fiver postage. Fitted straight on the bike and had some looks from the guys at the lincs v.twin day so can't be that bad.