PDA

View Full Version : power commander

masterofthemoon
29-07-2006, 07:09 PM
am considering fitting a power commander along with a k and n filter to go with my sils and cat replacement pipe...is it a worthwhile mod..?

Gilps
29-07-2006, 08:40 PM
I did it on my S2r with termis, open airbox and cat removal as it was the only way to remap the fuelling (didn't have a new ECU). The whole package transformed the bike. Smooth power delivery from 3k upwards. Worth every penny in my view.

masterofthemoon
30-07-2006, 10:19 AM
I did it on my S2r with termis, open airbox and cat removal as it was the only way to remap the fuelling (didn't have a new ECU). The whole package transformed the bike. Smooth power delivery from 3k upwards. Worth every penny in my view.

did it come ready mapped or did you have to download a new map to match the termi's etc..?...thanks

Gilps
30-07-2006, 07:06 PM
the guys who fitted it - JHS Racing - also dyno tested it. All part of the cost. I paid £440 it total, but that included refitting the exhaust and the PCIII.

McMONSTRO
02-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Considering going down this route myself, I was quoted about £450 by

http://www.sprracing.co.uk/

who are the local dealer in Notts for these, also included a dyno run to get it set up spot on. Need to get air leaks sorted on my system first though, which is turning out to be a pain!

McMonstro

Gilps
02-08-2006, 05:08 PM
My £440 included refitting the exhaust coz of the air leaks due to my crappy fitting, so £450 just to fit and dyno the PC seems a bit high. I think you can pick up PC3's for about £275 and fit yourself in about 30 minutes, so £175 for fitting plus dyno run is a bit steep.

pooh
02-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Guys
there is a guy just outside grimsby who is absolutely brilliant and has state of the art dyno and kit he quoted me less than £400-00 for supply and setting up of my 900ie, I have heard some excellent feedback on his work, might be worth a ride across on some good roads.

www.dynocentre.com

Might be worth a look and if you do come across let me know and we can meet up.

Ian

McMONSTRO
02-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Cheers Ian Ill bear that in mind! If I ever sort the leaks out!

Oh Gilps, forgot to say that price included a K+N filter which I think was £50, and a custom map.

McMonstro