PDA

View Full Version : 900 into a 600

Lost Again
28-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Right then folks, a dead simple one today.

will a 900 block go into a 600 with few mods. as in, can original swingarm and wheel be used? (only cos they've just been powder coated and it seems a shame to lob 'em)

turns out my 2 year old 680 kit was fitted by a monkey with a blindfold (err, that would be me big bro then...) and is now boogered.

Also, will 600 downpipes fit the 900 block or are the 900 pipes bigger bore?

Cheers people!!

Yorkie
28-07-2006, 01:25 PM
All will fit! 900 Monster / SS / SL etc!

Carbs are the same size (Just change the jets), the swing arm and wheel etc will also fit!

The zorst is the same size as well!

Im just now going to start to fit mine tonight!!

Yorkie.

Lost Again
28-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Cheers yorkie!
With that info I'm a wee bit closer to a decision. Unless a dealers can come up with spares for the 680 (unlikely) I'm after a new block, just waiting for a rply and we'll see what happens!

Let me know how the swap goes, anything to look out for etc.

cheers

Pugi
28-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Ok, I might not be correct, but I believe the 900 has different down pipes than the 600 (and 750).
Also, the 900 swingarm is alloy (not steel) and wider, since the 900 has a wider rear wheel. It'll probably fit the engine nicely but might need slight modification if used with the 600 wheel.
Search the forum for what that modification is, it's been discussed a few times but I've been to lazy to remember it.
Good luck!

eonan
28-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Like Pugi, could be wrong but I thought the 900 has longer cylinders, meaning the exhaust ports are further away from the crank line…the 600 headers may not fit very well…but like I say I could be wrong.

Also, check the engine bolt sizes against your frame.

Not sure if there’s an issue with the front sprocket alignment…I’m sure I read somewhere that on some 900 engines the sprocket may have to be turned around when doing this mod.

Yorkie
28-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Stripped the bike down, ready for the engine out! I will start that in the morning!

I will see if there are any problems with the sprocket, swingarm and wheel when i offer them up!

Yorkie.

eonan
28-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Stripped the bike down, ready for the engine out! I will start that in the morning!

I will see if there are any problems with the sprocket, swingarm and wheel when i offer them up!

Yorkie.

Yorkie, it would be really great if you could do a write up on this. It's a question that comes along quite often, so it would be a fantastic resource to have a detailed account of someone actually doing it, explaining what works, what doesn't etc.

Yorkie
28-07-2006, 08:50 PM
If its needed then i will write it up and take pics as i go!

So far all i have done is remove the body work, tank and cans etc.

The engine is out tomorrow!

Then im going to sort out the niff naff before putting the new one in! New battery box!

Yorkie.

Yorkie
28-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Im using this as a guide:

http://www.buschandbusch.com/ducatisuite/jetkit.html

Im using Unifilters not K&N's though!!

The box will be the same!

Yorkie.