PDA

View Full Version : Chappers, you're the best. xxx

Bodybag
27-07-2006, 07:01 PM
For those that don't know, I lost my job at the end of last month with the Home Office (is that such a bad thing, I hear you say!).

Anyway, Speaking to Hayley, on one of my morning coffee stops on the way into London, a few weeks ago and she says "Give me a copy of your CV and leave it with me". Well she's only gone and got me a bleedin' job hasn't she!!

Top bird Chappers. :mand:

Did I mention that I get a Jag as a company car too? Wahoo. Start work again on Tuesday next week all thanks to Hayley and this club (indirectly).

Thanks one and all for a great club and huge big hugs and kisses to Hayley for the job.

Cheers mate. Beers are on me forever I reckon. :mand:

scrumpster
27-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Congratulations and well done Chappers. Won't ask what you did for the home office :confused:

Bodybag
27-07-2006, 07:48 PM
I worked for Fujitsu Sirius in the IT dept at the Home Office. So wasn't involved in the current problems (or any of the old ones!!) :mand:

scrumpster
27-07-2006, 07:56 PM
See I forget the Home Office is a big place and of course they need IT peeps :o) Enjoy your new job!!

Bodybag
27-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Thank you. :mand:

markus
28-07-2006, 08:01 AM
You know you'll be buying the coffee for hayles from now on phil - you'll sooooo be her bitch ha ha.

Anyway - Jag? - Chapman any jobs for a handsome, witty SAP Guru or if not what about a job for me????????????????????????????????

oh yeah well done on the job sir...............

Bodybag
28-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks. :)

Julie
28-07-2006, 08:18 AM
You know you'll be buying the coffee for hayles from now on phil - you'll sooooo be her bitch ha ha.

Anyway - Jag? - Chapman any jobs for a handsome, witty SAP Guru or if not what about a job for me????????????????????????????????

oh yeah well done on the job sir...............

SAP - is that really anything to brag about? I'm a better guru than you at SAP... Tho i don't want a jag.

bad-yeti
28-07-2006, 08:30 AM
Many congratulations Matey.

Must be a weight of the mind.

Yeti Cheers and runs around wildly knocking stuff over :D:D:D

slob
28-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Blimey, I'm going straight to Chappers next time I'm out of work!

Darry
28-07-2006, 08:42 AM
Did I mention that I get a Jag as a company car too? Wahoo. Start work again on Tuesday next week all thanks to Hayley and this club (indirectly).

Are you the new deputy prime minister then?

Well done mate. Does this mean you're keeping the bike?

D.

markus
28-07-2006, 08:44 AM
SAP - is that really anything to brag about? I'm a better guru than you at SAP... Tho i don't want a jag.

is this the start of a SAP War Julie??????????????

Chappers
28-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Position: IT Project Leader
Salary: £27-35k
Contract: Permanent / Ongoing
Reports to: SSP IT Managers

Purpose & Dimension
To plan and deliver IT project management, training and implementation activities around a clearly defined project framework to deliver these projects on time and within budget. To work on specific IT projects in any one of the SSP operating companies as defined by the IT Managers.

Skills and Experience
a) To carry out project planning, build schedules and co-ordinate project activities using an agreed standard as defined in the SSP IT Project Framework.
b) The ability to produce progress reports and manage meetings is essential.
c) To be responsible for maintaining a repository of project information.
d) To be able to manage internal and external third parties effectively in order to deliver your projects.
e) To maintain financial controls on projects under your control, and be responsible for monitoring project spend against its relevant capital allocation..
f) To build procedural materials, manuals and other documentation to accompany the implementation of any new systems
g) To agree training course content related to the efficient delivery of projects under your control.
h) Experience of managing IT projects is essential and should preferably be at Project Leader, or Manager Level.
i) Excellent organizational skills and an ability to demonstrate a structured approach to working together with a meticulous attention to detail.
j) A strong knowledge of business processes and procedures.
k) Enthusiasm and a positive approach to team working are essential.
l) Tenacity to carry out investigative work and, where necessary, to find alternative sources of information and verify accuracy at every stage.
m) Ability to work alone on allocated project activity and efficiently use time without supervision together with the flexibility to work away from home and around the needs of the business are a must
n) Knowledge of PC and firmware-based POS systems would be an advantage.
o) Knowledge of E-Procurement systems and experience of implementing these systems would be an advantage.
p) Strong communication skills both written and Oral are essential.
q) Experienced user of Microsoft Office applications including MS Project.
r) A full clean driving license is essential

Email your CV to: careers.department@ssp.uk.com
Closing date: Tuesday 8th August 2006

Chappers
28-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Position: System Administrator/Architect
Salary: Up to £55k subject to relevant skills/experience

Main Purpose:
The System Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the technical environment. This includes analyzing, designing, prototyping, developing, reviewing, and delivering the technology to support our implementation project. Reporting to the SSP UK IT Managers.

Key Responsibilities:
Configure, monitor, tune, and troubleshoot the technical environment on an ongoing basis. Coordinate production, test, and training technical requirements with system technical requirements. Manage and execute system installations, upgrades, operating system patches, and Support Packages. Maintain authorizations and system security. Ensure connectivity between different systems.

Minimum Requirements:
Excellent network infrastructure/technology skills. Excellent communication skills.

Email your CV to: careers.department@ssp.uk.com

Closing date: Tuesady 8th August

Chappers
28-07-2006, 12:22 PM
For those that don't know, I lost my job at the end of last month with the Home Office (is that such a bad thing, I hear you say!).

Anyway, Speaking to Hayley, on one of my morning coffee stops on the way into London, a few weeks ago and she says "Give me a copy of your CV and leave it with me". Well she's only gone and got me a bleedin' job hasn't she!!

Top bird Chappers. :mand:

Thanks one and all for a great club and huge big hugs and kisses to Hayley for the job.

Cheers mate. Beers are on me forever I reckon. :mand:

You're welcome :mand:

Thought, I'll get him an interview at least but didn't think they'd actually offer him the job :eek: :chuckle:

Well done x

paul620sie
28-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Chappers, the agencies I deal with charge 15-30% of persons annual Salary, I trust Bodybag will be rewarding you?

Bodybag
28-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Are you the new deputy prime minister then?

Well done mate. Does this mean you're keeping the bike?

D.
Thanks mate. Yes I will be keeping the bike although I fear my riding for this summer is almost over. There's another thread on here somewhere that explains my current woes. :(

slob
29-07-2006, 06:03 AM
Thanks mate. Yes I will be keeping the bike although I fear my riding for this summer is almost over. There's another thread on here somewhere that explains my current woes. :(
It'l be fine once it's flushed through, didn't you see Top Gear or was it Fifth Gear?