PDA

View Full Version : Ride up to Lincolnshire V Twin Meet Charity thing with planes...

Nonnie
19-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Norfolk!

Leaving Norwich area at, let's say 10.

Depending on who puts their names down, depends on where we meet.

Neil, if you want to meet up then we'll meet nearer to you to save you doing the same road twice.

sidrat
19-07-2006, 08:18 PM
nonnie my dear, i for once will meet everyone there as its just down the road!!!!

Nonnie
19-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Lucky you. It's bleeding miles from me. But...hey...it's a day out and all.

benson
19-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Have a lovely time my dears and enjoy for me!!!
xxxxx

Will
19-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Norfolk!

Neil, if you want to meet up then we'll meet nearer to you to save you doing the same road twice.

Are Flat-Twins invited?

Nonnie
19-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah but I think you have to park in the Naughty Corner. Fancy it then?

Nonnie
19-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Have a lovely time my dears and enjoy for me!!!
xxxxx
Of course! I will have a coke with ice and a slice (on this occasion only)

Paranoid Dave
19-07-2006, 10:05 PM
All bikes are welcome as its a public museum and its for everyone, but only V-Twins are allowed to park inside the grounds, the rest are in the main car park outside.

neilbaldry
20-07-2006, 01:03 AM
Norfolk!

yeah sounds like a plan! i take it your going on the A47 past my house? lol you know the themed diner on the A47? by the swaffham turnoff? if not, dont matter, there is always the Hardwick roundabout to meet at.

Nonnie
20-07-2006, 06:53 AM
The themed diner? The American place? Can't remember the name, full of models of film stars and a Harley Davidson mini moto in the foyer complete with flames and studded panniers? That place?!

Will come back with a time.

Paranoid Dave
20-07-2006, 06:56 AM
my suggestion would be to get there around lunch, before 12.30 or you'll be locked outside, miss the photo call and possibly the lanc fire up? But i think they do that twice in the day.

squiffything
20-07-2006, 07:06 AM
just out of interest when is this happening?

Paranoid Dave
20-07-2006, 07:09 AM
ooh spooky, just PM'd you...

Its this saturday 22nd, east kirkby aviation museum near spilsby. from 10.30 - 4 or similar.

squiffything
20-07-2006, 07:12 AM
that's amazing i just replied!!!

Will
20-07-2006, 08:01 AM
All bikes are welcome as its a public museum and its for everyone, but only V-Twins are allowed to park inside the grounds, the rest are in the main car park outside.

What about 179.999 degree V twins? Do they still have to park outside?

Paranoid Dave
20-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Not sure, its european and a twin so maybe its allowed?

Nonnie
20-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Right then, with these times, I think I need to change them.

I think we ought to leave at 0830 OMG I can't believe I typed that for a Saturday morning kick off. That's really unsavoury but I think it's neccessary.

So, 0830 then. Had to type it again because I can hardly believe it.

neilbaldry
20-07-2006, 10:57 AM
i cant beleive you even suggested it Nonnie! shame on you!

Nonnie
20-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Yeah I know. Sorry. It's quite a way from here though. We also have to factor in coffee breaks because we have to leave so early and I'll fall asleep otherwise. Don't laugh. Have done it before when pillion.

neilbaldry
20-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Nonnie, you are soo rock and roll lol. understandable tho, on boring motorway roads, where a corner or bend is a luxury.

could be better to meet at the Hardwick roundabout you know. it has food, and petrol opportunities there. so could top up the monnie, and top up ourselves before the onward march to 'other' counties. lol

squiffything
20-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Looks like I have a kitchen pass for the day so if you dont mind a straggler joining you for some of the ride.......

will be coming up from Newmarket so any suggestions on where to meet anybody would be greatly appreciated

Paranoid Dave
20-07-2006, 01:55 PM
squiffy, just thought you might like to know, the biggest ride in of them all is from black bear harley in newmarket, see link below, second posting. Ursus Americanus is the manager of the shop and little em was a customer so you'd have a big crowd to follow. Either that or find a place to meet up with Nonnie and the bunch

http://www.bike-pix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14187

neilbaldry
20-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Squiffy, if you wanna ride up with the naaarfolk monnies, i'd say best bet is to head north towards Swaffham for the A47, then head west. or i/ we could meet up with you at a point on the A47 by Swaffham

neilbaldry
20-07-2006, 02:02 PM
i see Chappers and Markus are riding up from MK. you reckon it would be good to meet them in the Peterborough area? for a bit of an en masse assault on Lincolnshire

squiffything
20-07-2006, 02:33 PM
hmmm the black bear boys might be a good idea but i'm not sure if the buell brigade would be able to match the class of the italian beast and as for any of the harleys i just wouldn't wanna go that slow round the twisty bits

where abouts in swaffham do you suggest neil and what sort of time

squiffything
20-07-2006, 03:38 PM
just popped up to black bear to have a word with the yank tank boys. around twenty or so of the buell fanciers are heading off from there so i think i will head on up with them they appear to meeting up with a bunch from down south around peterborough way so check out their forum and keep an eyeout for me i'll be the one with the big grin while they'll be the ones drawlin with envious looks hee hee hee

Paranoid Dave
20-07-2006, 03:46 PM
glad to hear we have a spy in the ranks, see you up there.

Nonnie
20-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Neil, tell us about the Hardwick roundabout. Not sure where it is. If you think we will know when we get there, give us a time to meet you.

neilbaldry
21-07-2006, 12:21 AM
the hardwick roundabout is a bloody great roundabout by kings lynn. its on the A47, you'd have to go thru it!! tho if it would be easier to meet you before then....... then so be it! im not fussed!

tho i still have to check my funds before, just to make sure i can get there and back. and i cant be late getting back, as i will have to pack, as im off for a week long fork lift course at leconfield. gotta leave marham sorta lunchtime at the latest on sunday, so wanna have everything sorted before then.

benson
21-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Wish I was going but then again I do fly off on holiday tomorrow morning so shouldn't complain - Betty Buell and Frank the Monster both send their love as do I - have a wonderful day tomorrow and say hello to the Buelligans for me - I think the weather will set the day off wonderfully...

Take care, ride safe and full of pride.
xxxxxxxx:thumbsup: :spin: :thumbsup: :spin: :thumbsup: :spin:

squiffything
21-07-2006, 06:44 AM
am tagging along with the Buelligans from newmarket so will say hi. Benson was it you that i met with PD down in colchester

Nonnie
21-07-2006, 08:42 AM
Probably Squiffy as I wasn't there!

Anyway, you could hardly forget her. Think 7 year old child with a motorbike. Got it? Thought so.

Neil, Let's do the Hardwick roundabout then. You give us the time. I don't know how far away it is from Norwich? If we get up early, we can make it to the plane place for lunch. We will be leaving for home at about 5ish I should think, maybe before. Hope this ties in with your times, obviously, you are free to leave whenever you like!

squiffything
21-07-2006, 09:21 AM
sorry Nonnie ur name is mentioned so often and I think she said she was an area rep. I'm terrible with names. see u on saterday and will introduce myself properly if thats ok :)

Nonnie
21-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Absolutely Squiffy. Benson is the London area rep, just to confuse you some more. Obviously, i'm the one with no idea of what I'm doing or where I'm going, how to get there or generally what happens if I do. Norfolk Area Rep.

Oh yes, slightly concerned that my name crops up when I'm not there. It could only be nice things surely eh?

Paranoid Dave
21-07-2006, 11:58 AM
naturally ;) :D :chuckle:

neilbaldry
21-07-2006, 12:56 PM
might have to can curtains on this. the MT section at Marham havent got a wagon for me to travel up in. so am gonna have to get my car ready (needs some checks and some TLC). have alot to sort out with getting a route and a good nights sleep aswel.

Nonnie
21-07-2006, 01:04 PM
OK, Have a nice day anyway. Will toast your absence.

neilbaldry
21-07-2006, 01:08 PM
i am gonna proper **** it this week! spending a week at an Army training camp. i am gonna cry i think

squiffything
21-07-2006, 01:11 PM
lol only nice things could be said about monster riders

Nonnie
21-07-2006, 01:23 PM
I know for a fact, that's not true Squiffy but thank you anyway. Unless you were being sarcastic? Were you being sarcastic? I bet PD was. Although he's cheered up a lot lately.

squiffything
21-07-2006, 01:26 PM
is that when u know somebody and want to wind them up? no sarcasm intended just sincere compliments

lol see ya tommoz

squiffything
21-07-2006, 01:58 PM
OMG i've just reread the blurb about tommorrow it says the owners club are invited to attend and DISPLAY!!! Does this mean i've gotta go out and clean mine tonight

Paranoid Dave
21-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Were you being sarcastic? I bet PD was. Although he's cheered up a lot lately.

Of course I was and yes I have cheered up, can't think why :D
I've just spent 3 hours cleaning Kylie and Eric, he's looking like a new bike. Off to hotel shortly so see you all in the morning folks.

Kylie's last official outing is nearly here.

benson
21-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Now excuse me - I am at least 7 and a half mentally!!!!! :eek: Yes it was me you met - but the brain cells we collectively share means it's all a bit familiar at times!

Have a great time tomorrow - enjoy the hotel PD - and am SO pleased you've got a great big grin for all of us!!! Love to pudding head too.....

Don't do anything/anyone I would(n't) do - oh god that about covers all eventualities :cens:

Also squiffster, make sure you know what the term "display" is really referring to......

Ho hum - take care and be good ,
Rachel aka Benson London & Essex small child, er no I mean rep!!!

Nonnie
21-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Then we'll make it a good one Dave. Kylie deserves a good last ride and this will be it. Have fun at the b and b. Send Pudding Head my love and see you tomorrow. xx

Will
21-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Probable thunderstorms tomorrow - so will stay at home and polish the bike in preparation for a Sunday ride instead. :spin:

emily's driver
22-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Probable thunderstorms tomorrow - so will stay at home and polish the bike in preparation for a Sunday ride instead. :spin:

Just don't clean your bike Will, as I know whenever I do it always chucks it down, so for once I am NOT going to clean mine which before a bike meet is something I have NEVER done before, as I know that the second I do it will p**s down with rain and I am likely to arrive at East Kirby riding a very tatty bike indeed, so just take some waterproofs with you and GO. Better to spend some time in company, than ride around on your tod tomorrow. This from possibly the most fastidious person on earth.

Will
22-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Just don't clean your bike Will, as I know whenever I do it always chucks it down, so for once I am NOT going to clean mine which before a bike meet is something I have NEVER done before, as I know that the second I do it will p**s down with rain and I am likely to arrive at East Kirby riding a very tatty bike indeed, so just take some waterproofs with you and GO. Better to spend some time in company, than ride around on your tod tomorrow. This from possibly the most fastidious person on earth.

Won't be alone - out with Chappers and others for a trip to the Uppingham Harley dealership - don't want a Harely but the roads are great and they do a great bacon butty at the van parked outside.